[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

swirlsofhistory posted:
boohoo money's being brought into the neighbourhood along with the possibility of jobs and economic recovery. this is going to be bad for my insular sense of community and love of non-functioning public utilities
the main problem is that the increases in rent displace low-income groups.

Yup

The inner Potemkin neighbourhoods of the big Capitals of Empire have been going this way for a while: Paris is largely cleansed, London is more resilient but on it’s way, Manhattan’s pretty much there.

more like genderfried :snypa:
goddammit
real talk me and my roommates used to be the only white ppl in this neighborhood and now theres mad white people and tmoney moving in and it Sucks. they wander around in teh bodega lookin at all the stuff on teh shelves like 'where is the hummus???'

discipline posted:

I'm moving there because the rent is hella cheap and it's only like 35 minutes to my job

Plus there is a little ethiopian place around the corner that is just to die for...........I had to spend days on the phone but I've got Jeremiah on the waiting list at the Montessori school.

HenryKrinkle posted:

swirlsofhistory posted:

boohoo money's being brought into the neighbourhood along with the possibility of jobs and economic recovery. this is going to be bad for my insular sense of community and love of non-functioning public utilities

the main problem is that the increases in rent displace low-income groups.

that's what rent control and subsidized housing are for. displacement isn't so bad anyway, rents will be low in the newly empty suburban zones, probably better amenities too

idiot - EO

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Plus there is a little ethiopian place around the corner that is just to die for...........I had to spend days on the phone but I've got Jeremiah on the waiting list at the Montessori school.

what better example of freudian repetition than witnessing israeli settlers and then doing the same thing to black new yorkers... shaking my head.....

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

real talk me and my roommates used to be the only white ppl in this neighborhood and now theres mad white people and tmoney moving in and it Sucks. they wander around in teh bodega lookin at all the stuff on teh shelves like 'where is the hummus???'

Its at tmoneys house lol

Crow posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Its at tmoneys house lol

you misspelt homos

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
When tom gentrifies a neighborhood, he gentriFRIES a neighborhood
Get a job and destroying natural black habitat within a month. Sigh. Another one lost...
nice. hella black n milds. be sure to join a Gang
remember to beat someone up on your first night in your new neighbourhood. this will show to people that you're a force to be reckoned with. tell them with you're with the whites. no, you aren't muslim anymore. you're a neonazi. sorry that's how skin gangs work. white power cammy is your new name. you'll survive. barely, but you'll survive.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
violence is the only language these people understand
bill Clinton was our first black muslim prez
white is the new black
[account deactivated]
Parasites.....in My Bodega?.....it's more common than you might think
its bad when white people move out of the city, and bad when they move back. got it. nice standards and also racism.
khamsek have u looked into getting a gun.

Goethestein posted:

its bad when white people move out of the city, and bad when they move back. got it. nice standards and also racism.

whoa a racist from Boston, tell me more

i would recommend a .38 special, small and light enough to be easily concealable in a purse yet enough to take down a target, especially with hollowpoints. if you're more looking to kill ppl strictly by accident i recommend a taser. this one is cheap and lightweight. http://www.taser.com/products/self-defense-products/taser-c2

Goethestein posted:

please rephrase the first word in that sentence in the form of a "crikey"

Goethestein posted:

its bad when white people move out of the city, and bad when they move back. got it.

theres a solution to this deadlock...

lets all move to ukraine

animedad posted:

lets all move to ukraine

agreed.

Goethestein posted:

Goethestein posted:

please rephrase the first word in that sentence in the form of a "crikey"

crikey,

that was certainly a bad thing that a couple of teenagers did 40 years ago. if only we had the australian policy at the time to keep our blacks in zoos where they would be safe

Goethestein posted:

stay outta Southie yah fuckin' spook quee-ah!

live from bedford stuyvestant I guess
welkum to teh klub, khamsek. it's 40% black 30% asian 30% gentrificators where i live
white people would be best served to abandon all hope of ever having an authentic relationship to the places in which they live/life in general. i shared a small shack with a sharecropper and his family in the mississippi delta when i was in college so believe me, this lesson was hard-won. they would be up and in the fields with the sun, i often passed them resting for a fleeting moment in the shade, shirts already soaked with sweat, as i left for my early classes.

Edited by KilledInADuel ()

KilledInADuel posted:

white people would be best served to abandon all hope of ever having an authentic relationship to the places in which they live

um i'll have you know that my very expensive home entertainment system is a reflection of who I am as a person

[account deactivated]