Crow posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Crow posted:
I just dont under stand why no one says how bad things are in Syria or Burma or Congo for example, I just dont get why people dont say that. Frankly palestinian are SCUM!!! i hate palesgtin e child
my heart weeps for those Palestinians suffering in Gaza, i'm not sure where you got that from

I have more sympathy for the West Papuans than the Palestinians, that’s for sure. The west Papuans don’t have 300 million other Melanesians living all around who could help them out for instance.

And? My heart also weeps for say, a girl from wealthy Marin county who is being physically abused by a family member, but i would probably say i have more sympathy as a group of women undergoing systemic genital mutilation in north africa

getfiscal posted:

just a song i'm thinking about....

we've got to work together.... love each other... or the rhizzone won't work. earth won't work.

more topical

Crow posted:

Crow posted:
I just dont under stand why no one says how bad things are in Syria or Burma or Congo for example, I just dont get why people dont say that. Frankly palestinian are SCUM!!! i hate palesgtin e child
my heart weeps for those Palestinians suffering in Gaza, i'm not sure where you got that from

I have more sympathy for the West Papuans than the Palestinians, that’s for sure. The west Papuans don’t have 300 million other Melanesians living all around who could help them out for instance.

And? My heart also weeps for say, a girl from wealthy Marin county who is being physically abused by a family member, but i would probably say i have more sympathy as a group of women undergoing systemic genital mutilation in north africa

so what you are saying is youre applying some sociopathic utilitarian metric to people's suffering, of whom you know nothing about

My heart also weeps for say, a girl from wealthy Marin county who is being physically abused by a family member, but i would probably say i have more sympathy as a group of women undergoing systemic genital mutilation in north africa

See this is how this ties into leftist flagellation……framing things in your mind about which grouping of people deserve death or deserve to be labelled heroes….i do the same thing and I think it dulls one’s humanity. Like your glib sarcastic remark about “army fight NATO der der” etc.

People are dying: they are being crushed under rubble and having their flesh torn by bullets and shrapnel. This is a collective failure of the human spirit and perhaps we should see it as such rather than cheering one grim reaper over his clone because you prefer the shade of black on his cloak.

prikryl posted:

Oppression Olympics

prikryl posted:

getfiscal posted:

just a song i'm thinking about....

we've got to work together.... love each other... or the rhizzone won't work. earth won't work.

crow, you remind me of this song....

more topical

feat Jon Ccristy

Edited by prikryl ()

Crow posted:

Crow posted:
Crow posted:

of whom you know nothing about

What do you know of the israelis and palestinians?

what the hell are you on about iwc

Yeah it’s a super warped version of oppression Olympics, like arguing that a few isolated incidents of “reverse racism” are more important than a genocide somewhere, because as the victims of the former are rich and white, they’re closer to the centres of power of the “political world-system”

i know to have at least a decorum of respect for a people who are suffering starvation under Israeli occupation:

Six and a half years ago, shortly after Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections and took charge of Gaza, a senior Israeli official described Israel’s planned response. “The idea,” he said, “is to put the Palestinians on a diet, but not to make them die of hunger.”
Health officials provided calculations of the minimum number of calories needed by Gaza’s 1.5 million inhabitants to avoid malnutrition. Those figures were then translated into truckloads of food Israel was supposed to allow in each day.

The Israeli media have tried to present these chilling discussions, held in secret, in the best light possible. Even the liberal Haaretz newspaper euphemistically described this extreme form of calorie-counting as designed to “make sure Gaza didn’t starve.”

But a rather different picture emerges as one reads the small print. While the health ministry determined that Gazans needed daily an average of 2,279 calories each to avoid malnutrition — requiring 170 trucks a day — military officials then found a host of pretexts to whittle down the trucks to a fraction of the original figure.

The reality was that, in this period, an average of only 67 trucks — much less than half of the minimum requirement — entered Gaza daily. This compared to more than 400 trucks before the blockade began.

and having their children kidnapped in the nighttime to be held without trial:

Arbitrary Detention and Detention of Children

Israeli military justice authorities arbitrarily detained Palestinians who advocated non-violent protest against Israeli settlements and the route of the separation barrier. In January a military appeals court increased the prison sentence of Abdallah Abu Rahme, from the village of Bil’in, to 16 months in prison on charges of inciting violence and organizing illegal demonstrations, largely on the basis of coerced statements of children.

In a positive development, in September the Israeli military issued an order raising the age of majority for Palestinians to 18 years; previously 16 and 17-year-olds had been treated as adults under the security regime. Human rights groups reported, however, that Israeli authorities continued to sentence Palestinians according to their age at the time of sentencing even if they were children at the time of the offense, and documented cases in which Israeli authorities arrested children in their homes at night, at gunpoint, questioned them without a family member or a lawyer, and coerced them to sign confessions in Hebrew, which they did not understand.

As of September 31 Israel detained 164 Palestinian children under 18-years-old, and also held 272 Palestinians in administrative detention without charge; Israel released at least 9 administrative detainees, but no children, in the prisoner exchange.

So how about you nozz off

of course i care about them. it is possible to care about more than group of people suffering at once because of humanity's predilection for war and violence
do you love anyone IWC. do you love anything. what doyou love?
mccaine is totally right, unironically, no troll. but aside from israel being the last zombie death gurgle of colonialism, it's also important to keep in mind that nobody defends syria, at least outside of maybe russia. the president of the united states is not standing in front of cameras proclaiming assad's right to defend himself, nor syria's right to exist as a dictatorial state. the US congress does not pass unanimous resolutions stating that syria has the full moral support of this nation. if israel were seen as a rogue state of the same caliber as syria, then sure, it would be fair to compare them against each other.
just a little song i was thinkin about.. : )

He loves getting owned ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Goethestein posted:

mccaine is totally right, unironically, no troll. but aside from israel being the last zombie death gurgle of colonialism, it's also important to keep in mind that nobody defends syria, at least outside of maybe russia. the president of the united states is not standing in front of cameras proclaiming assad's right to defend himself, nor syria's right to exist as a dictatorial state. the US congress does not pass unanimous resolutions stating that syria has the full moral support of this nation. if israel were seen as a rogue state of the same caliber as syria, then sure, it would be fair to compare them against each other.

no one even defends Syria here, other than like, not wanting the US, Turkey, the gulf states, and Israel to meddle in Syrian affairs and arm terroristic elements or destabilize the country. he's not arguing like this to make an actual point, he's just bored and I guess thinks that people's suffering and injustice in the world are something he can take advantage of to alleviate boredom or whatever.

it's quite clear his interest is tangential at best, relegated to some sort of abstract guilt, vague 'bad-feeling'. now that's self-flagellation! YowcH!
Thats a spicy Youre garbage

Crow posted:

he's not arguing like this to make an actual point, he's just bored and I guess thinks that people's suffering and injustice in the world are something he can take advantage of to alleviate boredom or whatever.

mccaine might be doing that but i think he's got potential to change.

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

he's not arguing like this to make an actual point, he's just bored and I guess thinks that people's suffering and injustice in the world are something he can take advantage of to alleviate boredom or whatever.

that doesn't seem true, from what i know of him

all politics is basically cosplaying weirdos.

getfiscal posted:

all politics is basically cosplaying weirdos.

this is interesting, because i've never heard any one say this but a weirdo, who may look at the world through a TRULY WEIRD lens! Just my 2 0.01 $'s here...

prikryl posted:

do you love anyone IWC. do you love anything. what doyou love?

humanity, people smiling and sharing and making love and art and families in an environment of respect

Crow posted:

Goethestein posted:

no one even defends Syria here, other than like, not wanting the US, Turkey, the gulf states, and Israel to meddle in Syrian affairs and arm terroristic elements or destabilize the country. he's not arguing like this to make an actual point, he's just bored and I guess thinks that people's suffering and injustice in the world are something he can take advantage of to alleviate boredom or whatever.

it's quite clear his interest is tangential at best, relegated to some sort of abstract guilt, vague 'bad-feeling'. now that's self-flagellation! YowcH!

I'm sorry i'm not truly assisting peace in the middle east like you are Mr Grow

Click Here for m ore bom De Adah Videos, but only if yuou have more sympathy for the West Papuans than the Palestinians because too much media spotligth on the Palestinians and the WEst Papuan ignored, but all humanity suffers equally, holy light of Christ and love for all mankind
ideology is all that really matters. you could take every single dead person in syria and gaza and it would be indistinguishable from background noise in the global daily death rate

Crow posted:

Goethestein posted:

so why don't you go get involved instead of attempting to tear people down for caring?

On the Pratzen Heights, where he had fallen with the flagstaff in his
hand, lay Prince Andrew Bolkonski bleeding profusely and unconsciously
uttering a gentle, piteous, and childlike moan.

Toward evening he ceased moaning and became quite still. He did not know
how long his unconsciousness lasted. Suddenly he again felt that he was
alive and suffering from a burning, lacerating pain in his head.

"Where is it, that lofty sky that I did not know till now, but saw
today?" was his first thought. "And I did not know this suffering
either," he thought. "Yes, I did not know anything, anything at all till
now. But where am I?"

He listened and heard the sound of approaching horses, and voices
speaking French. He opened his eyes. Above him again was the same lofty
sky with clouds that had risen and were floating still higher, and
between them gleamed blue infinity. He did not turn his head and did not
see those who, judging by the sound of hoofs and voices, had ridden up
and stopped near him.

It was Napoleon accompanied by two aides-de-camp. Bonaparte riding
over the battlefield had given final orders to strengthen the batteries
firing at the Augesd Dam and was looking at the killed and wounded left
on the field.

"Fine men!" remarked Napoleon, looking at a dead Russian grenadier,
who, with his face buried in the ground and a blackened nape, lay on his
stomach with an already stiffened arm flung wide.

"The ammunition for the guns in position is exhausted, Your Majesty,"
said an adjutant who had come from the batteries that were firing at
Augesd.

"Have some brought from the reserve," said Napoleon, and having gone on
a few steps he stopped before Prince Andrew, who lay on his back with
the flagstaff that had been dropped beside him. (The flag had already
been taken by the French as a trophy.)

"That's a fine death!" said Napoleon as he gazed at Bolkonski.

Prince Andrew understood that this was said of him and that it was
Napoleon who said it. He heard the speaker addressed as Sire. But he
heard the words as he might have heard the buzzing of a fly. Not only
did they not interest him, but he took no notice of them and at once
forgot them. His head was burning, he felt himself bleeding to death,
and he saw above him the remote, lofty, and everlasting sky. He knew it
was Napoleon--his hero--but at that moment Napoleon seemed to him such a
small, insignificant creature compared with what was passing now between
himself and that lofty infinite sky with the clouds flying over it. At
that moment it meant nothing to him who might be standing over him, or
what was said of him; he was only glad that people were standing near
him and only wished that they would help him and bring him back to
life, which seemed to him so beautiful now that he had today learned to
understand it so differently. He collected all his strength, to stir and
utter a sound. He feebly moved his leg and uttered a weak, sickly groan
which aroused his own pity.

"Ah! He is alive," said Napoleon. "Lift this young man up and carry him
to the dressing station."

Having said this, Napoleon rode on to meet Marshal Lannes, who, hat in
hand, rode up smiling to the Emperor to congratulate him on the victory.

Prince Andrew remembered nothing more: he lost consciousness from the
terrible pain of being lifted onto the stretcher, the jolting while
being moved, and the probing of his wound at the dressing station.
He did not regain consciousness till late in the day, when with other
wounded and captured Russian officers he was carried to the hospital.
During this transfer he felt a little stronger and was able to look
about him and even speak.

The first words he heard on coming to his senses were those of a French
convoy officer, who said rapidly: "We must halt here: the Emperor
will pass here immediately; it will please him to see these gentlemen
prisoners."

"There are so many prisoners today, nearly the whole Russian army, that
he is probably tired of them," said another officer.

"All the same! They say this one is the commander of all the Emperor
Alexander's Guards," said the first one, indicating a Russian officer in
the white uniform of the Horse Guards.

Bolkonski recognized Prince Repnin whom he had met in Petersburg
society. Beside him stood a lad of nineteen, also a wounded officer of
the Horse Guards.

Bonaparte, having come up at a gallop, stopped his horse.

"Which is the senior?" he asked, on seeing the prisoners.

They named the colonel, Prince Repnin.

"You are the commander of the Emperor Alexander's regiment of Horse
Guards?" asked Napoleon.

"I commanded a squadron," replied Repnin.

"Your regiment fulfilled its duty honorably," said Napoleon.

"The praise of a great commander is a soldier's highest reward," said
Repnin.

"I bestow it with pleasure," said Napoleon. "And who is that young man
beside you?"

Prince Repnin named Lieutenant Sukhtelen.

After looking at him Napoleon smiled.

"He's very young to come to meddle with us."

"Youth is no hindrance to courage," muttered Sukhtelen in a failing
voice.

"A splendid reply!" said Napoleon. "Young man, you will go far!"

Prince Andrew, who had also been brought forward before the Emperor's
eyes to complete the show of prisoners, could not fail to attract his
attention. Napoleon apparently remembered seeing him on the battlefield
and, addressing him, again used the epithet "young man" that was
connected in his memory with Prince Andrew.

"Well, and you, young man," said he. "How do you feel, mon brave?"

Though five minutes before, Prince Andrew had been able to say a few
words to the soldiers who were carrying him, now with his eyes fixed
straight on Napoleon, he was silent.... So insignificant at that moment
seemed to him all the interests that engrossed Napoleon, so mean did his
hero himself with his paltry vanity and joy in victory appear,
compared to the lofty, equitable, and kindly sky which he had seen and
understood, that he could not answer him.

Everything seemed so futile and insignificant in comparison with the
stern and solemn train of thought that weakness from loss of blood,
suffering, and the nearness of death aroused in him. Looking into
Napoleon's eyes Prince Andrew thought of the insignificance of
greatness, the unimportance of life which no one could understand, and
the still greater unimportance of death, the meaning of which no one
alive could understand or explain.

The Emperor without waiting for an answer turned away and said to one of
the officers as he went: "Have these gentlemen attended to and taken
to my bivouac; let my doctor, Larrey, examine their wounds. Au revoir,
Prince Repnin!" and he spurred his horse and galloped away.

His face shone with self-satisfaction and pleasure.

Crow posted:

Crow posted:
Goethestein posted:

so why don't you go get involved instead of attempting to tear people down for caring?

Who am i "tearing down for Caring" lol

PPl are suffering somewhere in the world right now, probably a lot of them

THEREFORE I dont have to care about anything

BUT I still want to post & am not funny
[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

PPl are suffering somewhere in the world right now, probably a lot of them

THEREFORE I dont have to care about anything

BUT I still want to post & am not funny

think you're funny, you should keep posting

tpaine posted:

ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Crow posted:

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

that doesn't seem true, from what i know of him

i dunno, i dunno - i can't remember well, but he never advanced a narrative that supported liberalism over communism? he never advocated political apathy? it is just dry and boring musings by an academic marxist. the crime committed: needlessly over-analytical writing that fails to inspire fervor in the heart of communists. perhaps it is indeed a crime for such potential to go unmet, but perhaps that presumption is premature. for i see a grand vision of post-trot mccaine someday taking up the mantle of pre-senile chomsky, and through the triumphant wielding of a big swinging degree from an ivy league school, and a soothing monotonic style of rhetoric, converting leagues of snot-bubble piss pants liberals into social-democrats - some who will, at the very least/most, form an opposition to western hegemonic imperialism. the coming war in the west will most certainly be ideological in nature, fighting for the hearts and minds of dweebs with keffiyehs who will strike against transnational capital from their ipads, and joust with structures of oppression from their fixies.

and so, perhaps throwing mccaine under the bus for his flavor of dutch-marxist analysis failing to meet the high standards of his predecessor - a wicked sick bass superimposed over combat liberalism - is the wrong approach? despite his moral failing in not being a maoist dj, i like mccaine and wouldn't ostracize him due to a few grievances with his ideology. maybe i'm wrong for that, i dunno! i am an idiot after all. one thing i know for certain is that he never wrote something like this:

Yeah it’s a super warped version of oppression Olympics, like arguing that a few isolated incidents of “reverse racism” are more important than a genocide somewhere, because as the victims of the former are rich and white, they’re closer to the centres of power of the “political world-system”

i've tabbed through my browser and come across this post/quote three times now and i've mouthed "what the hell" every single time. what's wrong with you iwc. #smhftl

can the rhizzone get some twitter presence up in here? joey? klamsek? can we get an automated program set up, that tweets the worst posts from rhizzone at celebrities that have their names mentioned in the posts? can you tweet the entirety of babyfinalands posthistory at thomas friedman please. let's get this board on the map of intellectual discourse; now that's something i can believe in!

AmericanNazbro posted:

i've tabbed through my browser and come across this post/quote three times now and i've mouthed "what the hell" every single time. what's wrong with you iwc. #smhftl

i am in love with this world

@paul krugman ny @thomasfriedman It's gross how you guys talk about poor people as these agency less pawns to be mobilized to perform for your Moses fantasies. And like you come up with these hateful messianic theories for them to consume. It's really weird. If got care about people just go help them and let them make up their own minds about whether they should start a civil war against the free market. I know it's easy to say you're down for some ruckus when you're unemployed depressed and alone but most people have real concerns. keynesian economics and stuff are an entertainment for people, it doesn't represent the food on their table.
that one was a fuckin doozy
the rhizzone's twitter password should be posted in a sticky thread so anyone can do anything to it including linking illegal materials, verbally abusing celebrities until they respond and retweeting terrorists. no limites to twiting
[account deactivated]