i know this is a selfish way to look on it but the question is "what would i get out of having a child?"

We don't need more people and there aren't any meaningful group identities that would obligate me to do so.
children are useful as tax shelters and retirement plans
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i will probably get married within the next 5 years and i am ok with that
if you already live with someone for more than a few years nothing really changes unless you're weird or religious

Goethestein posted:

it is impossible to meet a woman who was born with a dick

tell me about it!

Goethestein posted:

having a child is enormously expensive and even if you do manage to recoup some of it at retirement age all it'll do is ease your greying twilight years whereas you wasted most of your time of peak productivity and potential happiness maintaining the world's least efficient savings account. far better to just put some wads of money in a mattress every so often. if you like you can give the mattress a smiley face and enact oedipal dramas around it and lose your hair worrying over its welfare and so on

Science has found that having children leads to a less fulfilling and happy life than people who eschewed rearing progeny, to instead use the money on alcohol and drugs

deadken posted:

having a child is enormously expensive and even if you do manage to recoup some of it at retirement age all it'll do is ease your greying twilight years whereas you wasted most of your time of peak productivity and potential happiness maintaining the world's least efficient savings account. far better to just put some wads of money in a mattress every so often. if you like you can give the mattress a smiley face and enact oedipal dramas around it and lose your hair worrying over its welfare and so on

only if you're a poor

nah if you're a poor the welfare state gives you money and pays for your kid to have beanie babies and chicken mcnuggets or whatever, the unfortunate victimised bourgeoisie have to fork out huge sums so little tarquin or little olivia can go to private school and have a le corbusier dolls house and spend a year in india 'finding themselves'
Welfare Queens and Anchor Babies: an american comedy starring Matt Damon as "Pex", Conleth Hill as "deadken" and Queen Latifah as "khamsek"
[account deactivated]
hey ken i am in love

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

a child is a lot like a sports car in that its a pointless extravagance required of you once you hit a certain social stratum

Impper posted:

hey ken i am in love

does she love you back. are you happy

Goethestein posted:

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

a child is a lot like a sports car in that its a pointless extravagance required of you once you hit a certain social stratum

ya and much like a sports car it drains the earth of its resources, contributes to the suffering of millions, and makes you into a preening twat who talks about the thing the whole time

Impper posted:

hey ken i am in love

lol

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

ya and much like a sports car it drains the earth of its resources, contributes to the suffering of millions, and makes you into a preening twat who talks about the thing the whole time

oh noo not the earth's resources. if we remove those then maybe humanity will go extinct before it develops the ability to barf itself amongst the stars. what a tragedy

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

hey ken i am in love

yes, yes

check it out: she is a writer
impper is this her http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ossified
no it's not

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

hey ken i am in love

yes, yes

my kkkondolences. get well soon

i am well bro... try it out b

Impper posted:

thats cool. is your relationship passionate and tempestuous and destined to collapse in a vast all-engulfing conflagration of resentment, residual lust, and best-selling bitter fuck-you novels written six months afterwards

i have fallen in love with a writer as well: the author who composed the great literary achievement 'mein kampf'

Goethestein posted:

oh noo not the earth's resources. if we remove those then maybe humanity will go extinct before it develops the ability to barf itself amongst the stars. what a tragedy

we need resources so people can not die and so on i dont care about space elevat0rz

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

thats cool. is your relationship passionate and tempestuous and destined to collapse in a vast all-engulfing conflagration of resentment, residual lust, and best-selling bitter fuck-you novels written six months afterwards

it's kind of a possibility. hard to say why exactly but the relationship seems very 'strong,' to the point that a potential breakdown would have to be something like that because of its very inconceivability

impper is she that poet whose stuff you posted. well done br0
no it's not, she ain't a jew
i think you would like her stuff. i showed her your website and she laughed at your self description and said ur a moron
im happy 4 u. how does she feel about dating the author of 'fuck and destroy'

Impper posted:

i think you would like her stuff. i showed her your website and she laughed at your self description and said ur a moron

lmao she sounds alright

she knos about my books, her mom is obsessively trying to find out my identity or something. she liked that review that said i am a sexual predator writing a rape novel
ive not really met anyone im actually interested in in ages, im gettin p tired of being a student, people here are all morons
ye she was probably one of the first legitimate people i'd met in ages. i don't think it gets too much better after college though. students are insufferable but so are post grads. just dont go to grad school those are the worst of the worst
i might do a law conversion Lmao
falling in love as an artist must be a real burden. what a drag. this encumbrance stands in the way one's lifelong pursuit, the true passion in his heart, synthesizing truth. ahh, what a horrible affliction to be in love. how miserable.