what would happen
Why would YOUR PoSTING get an international holiday
You guys bring up an interesting point.
i imagine all the people with regular aids would be pretty upset
that would probably be the primary effect.
does fail aids have a ribbon
it has a forum
major celebrities would hold a banquet with our usernames on lapel pins and ask for donations to cure full blown weaponized fail aids for the lose.
we should do a youtube cover of "some nights" by fun and see if we can get on ellen.
donald, can you go back to the idea you brought up before about america's debt being a hindrance to dealing with future economic crises?

isn't it irrelevant in the context of all other impending crises (energy/climate), and also as long as the dollar remains the reserve currency, america can manipulate it extremely heavily to the point that it won't have a marginal effect on it's purchasing power, especially in regards to other currencies (euro) that are attempting to inflate their way out of debt deflation? it doesn't seem to be relevant except that it's a catalyst to increasing the rate at which capitalism fails under it's own internal contradictions

AmericanNazbro posted:

donald, can you go back to the idea you brought up before about america's debt being a hindrance to dealing with future economic crises?

isn't it irrelevant in the context of all other impending crises (energy/climate), and also as long as the dollar remains the reserve currency, america can manipulate it extremely heavily to the point that it won't have a marginal effect on it's purchasing power, especially in regards to other currencies (euro) that are attempting to inflate their way out of debt deflation? it doesn't seem to be relevant except that it's a catalyst to increasing the rate at which capitalism fails under it's own internal contradictions

well it's more that like if there were another major recession right now that american policymakers might go for austerity over fiscal stimulus to keep debts under control. i don't know if they'd have to do that, just that they probably would. that's not a good answer but welp.

[account deactivated]
Id rather fail aids than pass it, haha!!
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

does fail aids have a ribbon

yEah...a tYPEWRiTER ribbon! that YOU use....to Ppost!

AmericanNazbro posted:

please dont fill the fail aids thread with this bullcrap. the adults are talking

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

what did it ever do for me

one good season of The Real World

awareness campaigns really are an amazing little automata of capital. look at komen. they've never raised a substantive amount of money for research or mamograms or anything. komen's cause was "awareness" and they achieved it by colonizing the color pink as their personal brand. their cause is their brand and their brand is their cause. of course every capitalist firm exists fundamentally to propagate itself via manipulation but its not usually so naked, and you don't always get the feeling you do here that: no person is behind it, no human being is exploiting his way into unearned riches. it's more darwinian--that if such an organization existed, it would be successful, and at some point for some reason it began to exist.

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

what would happen

it would be both funny and acceptable

i looked on the aids day website and they even make sure to tell you that "there is no cure or vaccine for AIDS"- no word on the latest medical research or anything. santa brings you pills, pure ideology, adn a merry christmas for all
aids isn't a joke
aids ought to have at least shaken the hubris of the sexhavers, high on the fumes from their fermenting revolution. but no. they won the struggle so completely it was forgotten there ever was one. the new self-congratulatory paradigms the sexhavers birthed infected and twisted art, culture, media, spectacle and even the medical profession. billions of dollars for antiretrovirals. rent as a prizewinning musical. university health initiatives ramming STI clinics down the throats of silent, suffering, incels. "it's sexy to know your status". well we know ours. defeated. humiliated. pride and mind wasted with teh aids of fail
sex having doesn't transmit fail aids, it is fail aids
i heard the other day that the struggle to contain AIDS is actually going quite well and they are expecting the number of cases to decline, good news imo
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

haha

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i heard the other day that the struggle to contain AIDS is actually going quite well and they are expecting the number of cases to decline, good news imo

every time a case of AIDS declines, an angel gets its wings

was the phrase "a place where posting fail aids is funny and acceptable" was our 9/11 when you think about it

deadken posted:

it's true tho. from the mouths of mannish babes
theres no place in the world for people like me. a promiscuous brony
i was a brony, but they kicked me out of the club when they found out i was a sexhaver
[account deactivated]
after the dogstorm, when the red veil passes over the old world and reveals the desperate new one, tpaine will be the king of florida. and it will feel right
im current king of florida and if you go at the king you gotta do it in his court

*passes t-paine basketball* your move homie
poppycock

thirdplace posted:

i imagine all the people with regular aids would be pretty upset

yeah. when I contract a terminal disease i'm going to be real sad...unless there's a big holiday about it! yeehaw pardner, it's aidstastic