[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

they all owned you by ironically devouring your dish while secretely hating it, just so that i could drink and make that joke about it and make you wonder for a second.

damn, that's some real hardcore meta ownage. touche

tpaine posted:

the world is MY oyster boy!!

uh, I think you mean girl. check your bivalve male privilege

[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

To add the weight needed to play Chapman, Jared Leto told Jimmy Kimmel he put pints of chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream in the microwave so he could drink them - with olive oil and soy sauce added "to get me bloated even more".

im too cool for recipes i just dump a ton of garlic and cilantro and hot sauce into everything
[account deactivated]
i've got a 40 here, and i'm wondering how to make it taste less like a 40, ya know? any ideas? nothing too sugary plz
[account deactivated]
i mix my beer with arizona mucho mango during the summer so i stay hydrated
[account deactivated]

shermanstick posted:

this... doesn't sound too bad, actually. ty, gonna try it. if I get sick tho imma blame it on you, because sugar + alcohol = fucking gross usually

[account deactivated]
How has Hostess's management innovated in the last decade? I can name five recent varieties of Mountain Dew off the top of my head (Livewire, Grape, Blue, Code Red, Throwback), what products has Hostess released in the last decade?

tpaine posted:

i can't get 40s in my state because i guess they think making people buy two 32s is better, or more realistiically getting a 12 pack or something and drinking 10 of them

what state do u live in

nix that question... it's probably not wise to reveal one's location on an openly marxist comedy forum. i'm just saying tho, it's probably not as bad as the state I live in. hint: it's filled with a bunch of mormons and old white people!

peepaw posted:

How has Hostess's management innovated in the last decade? I can name five recent varieties of Mountain Dew off the top of my head (Livewire, Grape, Blue, Code Red, Throwback), what products has Hostess released in the last decade?

On December 2011, it was reported that Hostess Brands was on the verge of filing for bankruptcy a second time due to financial problems. The company stopped paying future pension benefits after August, thereby breaking its union contracts. According to a Hostess worker at the time, "We understand that, should we pursue some form of legal action to require the company to live up to the terms of the contract, they may close, but we have come to believe that they will close anyway. We believe the company is poorly managed and the only hope is a complete change in management."

On January 10, 2012, Hostess Brands filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy for the second time. In a statement in its filing, the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules." The company said it employs 19,000 people and carries more than $860 million in debt. The company said it would continue to operate with $75 million debtor-in-possession financing from Monarch Alternative Capital, Silver Point Capital and other investors.

In March 2012, Brian Driscoll resigned from his position as CEO. Gregory F. Rayburn, who had been hired and named Chief Restructuring Officer only nine days earlier, assumed the leadership position. Fortune reported that unions within the organization had been unhappy with Driscoll's proposed compensation package of $1.5 million, plus cash incentives and a $1.95 million "long term compensation" package. Additionally, the court had discovered that Hostess executives had received raises of up to 80% the year prior. In an effort to restore relations, Rayburn cut the salaries of the four top Hostess executives to $1, to be restored by January 1 (or earlier) of the following year.

In July 2012, the New York Post reported that negotiations (led by Silver Point Capital) with the Teamsters Union were close to a possible agreement that could allow Hostess Brands to cut employee pay and benefits, if the company maintained funding of existing pension plans. In May, all 19,000 workers had been warned (as required by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) that they could face a mass layoff. In an email to the Appeal-Democrat Hostess spokesman Erik Halvorson said that the May notices were to alert employees to possible sale or wind down of the company, but that "our goal is still to emerge from bankruptcy as a growing company with a strong future." These layoff notices listed the dates as July 7–21, but on July 5 another company spokesman told the Financial News & Daily Record that there were no immediate plans to start laying off Hostess employees.

In November 2012, Hostess employees nationwide went on strike. The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union (BCTGM), which represents 6,600 Hostess employees, took the strike action after the latest contract proposal from Hostess Brands was rejected by 92 percent of its members.

On November 16, 2012, Hostess announced that it was ceasing plant operations and laying off most of its 18,500 employees. It stated that it intended to sell off all of its assets, including the well known brand names, and liquidate. The CEO, Gregory Rayburn, stated, "Hostess Brands will move promptly to lay off most of its 18,500-member workforce and focus on selling its assets to the highest bidders."

Additionally, a press release was issued by the BCTGM International Union on the same day which stated in part, “When a highly-respected financial consultant, hired by Hostess, determined earlier this year that the company’s business plan to exit bankruptcy was guaranteed to fail because it left the company with unsustainable debt levels, our members knew that the massive wage and benefit concessions the company was demanding would go straight to Wall Street investors and not back into the company."

According to CEO Gregory Rayburn, several potential buyers have expressed interest in acquiring the Hostess brand. On November 21, 2012, Judge Robert Drain gave Hostess final clearance to close. In approving the plan Drain ruled against U.S. Trustee for the Southern District Tracy Hope Davis's motion to convert the bankruptcy into a Chapter 7 bankruptcy where a bankruptcy trustee would be appointed to oversee the liquidation. Davis objected to provisions that would grant bonuses to insiders and cherry-pick which administrative claims get paid." By rejecting the filing Drain left Rayburn in charge of the liquidation. Drain said having a trustee "would be a disaster." Hostess had argued that its assets would devalue if the company had to wait for a trustee to get up to speed on the running of the company.

The liquidation plan of Hostess Brands was finalized by a federal bankruptcy judge on November 29, 2012.

angelbutt_dollface posted:

its basically an australian meat pie but grosser

in school a kid told me in a confidential whisper that they used car crash victims as filler in those pies and i haven't been able to eat them since.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Nutritional Yeast

d4ky posted:

shermanstick posted:

this... doesn't sound too bad, actually. ty, gonna try it. if I get sick tho imma blame it on you, because sugar + alcohol = fucking gross usually

ull find a ratio that works for u. i usually do 1 part 4-pack of tall boys to 1-part arizona mucho mango

i knew people who would put tangerine juice in their 40s and said it was good. i never did that though because i like malt liquor. also i live in a cardboard box
why would someone willingly eat tofu
change khamsek's name to Nutritional Yeast Infection
that shit sounds gross why not just drink wine

deadken posted:

Bread

Serves 1

Method:

Go to the shop
Buy some Bread
Sit in front of the TV, watching the TV, and eating Bread out the bag, you fat fuck.

the british vanity diet

deadken posted:

change khamsek's name to Nutritional Yeast Infection

i imagine her subsisting on nothing but the blandest matter

deadken posted:

i knew people who would put tangerine juice in their 40s and said it was good. i never did that though because i like malt liquor. also i live in a cardboard box

orange/tangerine juice in a 40 is a brass monkey

deadken posted:

Bread

Serves 1

Method:

Go to the shop
Buy some Bread
Sit in front of the TV, watching the TV, and eating Bread out the bag, you fat fuck.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Here's a family classic:

Ingredients

Fried Gator:
2 pounds gator tail cut into chunks
salt and pepper
flour
buttermilk
16 ounce vegetable oil

Baked Grilled potatoes:
4 potatoes
1/2 pound butter

Potato sauce:
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
2 cups grated cheese, optional
Directions

In a large bowl, toss the gator chunks into the buttermilk, and dredge with flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Using a large skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees and fry gator chunks until golden brown, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.

In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients to make the potato sauce, and mix well.

Wash and coat potatoes with a little bit of oil. Pierce each potato with a fork, wrap in tin foil, place directly on hot coals, and cook for approximately 45 minutes. Use tongs to turn potatoes often. Split potatoes and top with butter and potato sauce. Top potatoes with two pieces of fried gator chunks on top and sprinkle with cheese if desired
oh this is also great for parties:

Ingredients
Stuffing:
5 tablespoons butter, divided
1 pound breakfast sausage, bulk
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
1 bag unseasoned bread cubes, for stuffing
1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons ground sage
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 quart chicken stock
4 eggs, beaten

For Frying:
Oil, for frying
2 cups all-purpose flour

Special equipment: 12 wooden ice cream sticks or skewers
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.

Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it is cooked through. Transfer to a plate, while spooning off the excess grease, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the skillet. Add 4 tablespoons of the butter and melt. Add the onion, carrot and celery and saute until softened. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, toss together bread cubes, saltines, sausage, poultry seasoning, parsley flakes, sage, salt and pepper. Stir the sauteed vegetables into the mixing bowl. Pour in the chicken stock and eggs and toss together. Turn the stuffing out into the prepared baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the juices in the stuffing are bubbling.

Preheat oil in the deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.

Cool the stuffing completely. Cut it into 12 squares. Remove each square from the dish and wrap it around a wooden stick, pressing it onto the stick with your hands. Make the stuffing form a log shape around the popsicle stick, leaving 2-inches of the stick exposed for the handle. This should look somewhat like a lumpy corn dog.

Roll the stick in the flour, coating it well and then shaking off the excess. Gently lower the sticks into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.

gator is kinda greasy

roast possum is real good tho, esp. with sweet potatoes
you died in a foreign land
with a Hot Pocket in your hand
god damn the sun
god damn the sun
oawl
udder ubbin
tompum
scaone kayulp

peepaw posted:

gator is kinda greasy