submitting this shit to slate

maybe email it to dinesh d'souza just for yuks yolo
umm you forgot to check the publish to front page butan
it certainly doesnt go far enough, in applying a sceptical eye to its own epistemological methodology, and realising that God Exists

gyrofry posted:

umm you forgot to check the publish to front page butan

but then i cant edit it. not web2.0 enough imo

i dont see anything idiot.
have you ever walked in a grocery store and realized all the food is poison?

jeffery posted:

E X A C T L Y

The amazing revelation of Western atheism is that God Exists And It Doesnt matter. Read your mother fuckin koran and bible. And I chingy

deadken posted:

it certainly doesnt go far enough, in applying a sceptical eye to its own epistemological methodology, and realising that God Exists

Watching the Phelps family talk to Louis Theroux last night was inspiring., they're like "oh Louie you come here with your humanistic questions trying to trip us up, you're a disingenuous jackweasel and you will go to hell because you don't accept the word of Christ" and i'm like damn louie they've got your fucking number

if Jesus were alive today he would be an atheist MRA
God is Hitler's Faggot: Does the New Atheism go far Enough?

Superabound posted:

if Jesus were alive today he would be an atheist MRA

fucked up but tru

Radical Feminists would kill Jesus out of spite
my gay psychoanalytical thesis on louis theroux is he's subconsciously attempting to become a crap version of his absentee father
louis theroux is a vampire because he always asks if he can come in

jools posted:

louis theroux is babyhuey?

the theroux meth one is the best. it's like he's interviewing me and my family

jools posted:

The other thing that strikes me is that it seems like in America everyone is an actor playing the lead role in their own life. Put a camera in their face even if they're being arrested or something traumatic is happening to them and they'll give you their life story and cry on cue like they're going for a daytime emmy

it's extraordinary

littlegreenpills posted:

my gay psychoanalytical thesis on louis theroux is he's subconsciously attempting to become a crap version of his absentee father

i like both of their works very much

[account deactivated]

jeffery posted:

yes but im resistant to poison damage.

discipline posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
The other thing that strikes me is that it seems like in America everyone is an actor playing the lead role in their own life. Put a camera in their face even if they're being arrested or something traumatic is happening to them and they'll give you their life story and cry on cue like they're going for a daytime emmy

it's extraordinary

the louis theroux meth one is my life except I'm louis theroux
im "wiggles"

i like how they keep giving subtitles to really easy inner city dialects because british audience

angelbutt_dollface posted:

im "wiggles"

i like how they keep giving subtitles to really easy inner city dialects because british audience

tbf some american shows do this to brits

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

im "wiggles"

tbf some american shows do this to brits

some american shows do this to americans

goatstein should watch the one where louis falls in love with a hooker

is that the one where she keeps taking off her shirt because she's like "you can't film me if i'm naked" and then he keeps filming her anyway because she doesn't realize how cameras work?

its this one

postposting posted:

is that the one where she keeps taking off her shirt because she's like "you can't film me if i'm naked" and then he keeps filming her anyway because she doesn't realize how cameras work?

yeah and she's constantly trying to get him to have sex with her and the final doc gives the impression (probably on purpose because its compelling) that he's maybe a little oddly attracted to her

Superabound posted:

some american shows do this to americans

all of jersey shore is subtitled, so are the ones with the big grisly men who does loggin or antique huntin or car fixin

yeah but those accents are pretty regionally specific and aren't the type you hear on that there teevee all the time. louis' documentaries will subtitle californians

although, again, that's understandable given the fact that the show's for brits, not americans
Do british peple watch a lot of american television then. I thought they watched eastenders.
louis theroux is british and his shows are british television?
a californian accent is pretty much the american teevee accent though, just with the addition of stupid slang everyone hates??
that's what im saying. its seems bizarre to me as an american to see subtitles on what is essentially the lingua franca of the united states thanks to television
nobody watches louis theroux interviewing californians with subtitles what are you talking about
everyone in britain understands californians because you can't turn on a tv in this country without seeing a bunch of sun-bronzed teenagers grinning on a beach with hills and palm trees in the background and acoustic rock playing , or possibly a cop drama in which the black cop calls people 'fools' a lot and the white cop has a shady history he'd rather keep secret and the two of them argue as they patrol south central, or a bunch of people with dreadlocks smoking weed and pretending to be beat poets in front of the golden gate bridge, and all these things make me depressed because that used to be my life and now chavs keep on nicking my mobile
well to be fair, now that i think about it, the average "californian" is probably speaking spanish so the need for subtitles makes sense
in the City Addicted to Meth doc they subtitle the fuck out of white californians

that's what im saying. its seems bizarre to me as an american to see subtitles on what is essentially the lingua franca of the united states thanks to television

America is a cultural behemoth. When i first went to LA it was like I already knew everything there