Happy birthday to a great comrade, a great man, and a great friend to the proletariat of the world. Post your favorite Stalin pics itt or post your favorite things about Ol' Jo.

Chinese comrades celebrate comrade Stalin's birthday.

this is from a John Birch Society documentary on the civil rights movement BTW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cgKB6pexI&t=46m0s

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

remember that episode where stalin was trying to get the big steak but the steak place was closed so he went to the diner and then he said "bring me all the bacon and eggs u have lol" and then had the waiter vaporized.

Good times...

Comrade Stalin's 50th. Cake not pictured.

lenin be all like "*sniff* yeah thats some good shit"
if youre a white person who doesn't use the roman alphabet youre subhuman

Best buds

prikryl posted:

Trotsky must have thrown a fit when he walked over to Frida's for an afternoon quickie and saw that!

Never anyone sexier.
lol i didnt realize my Not Girlfriend had the same birthday as Stalin. you go girl
At the end of World War II Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin met at the
famous Yalta Conference. During a break the three chiefs of state were
relaxing. Wanting to show off a bit Roosevelt took out a silver
cigarette case on which was engraved: "To FDR from a loyal Democratic
Party."
Not to be outdone Churchill took out a gold cigar case on which
was engraved: "To Winston from the loyal Tories."
Stalin then smiled broadly and reaching into his vest withdrew an enormous
cigar case encrusted with rubies and emeralds on which was written: "To
Count Esterhazy from the Vienna Jockey Club."
josef stalin is john galt
concrete pillar spontaneously erodes into likeness of Beloved Comrade Stalin
mom brought this back from Moscow for me, i was hoping for one without the hat, and he looks a lil Alexander the 2nd for my tastes, but it's a good reminder that Pobody's Nerfect :~P:

"It is difficult for me to imagine what "personal liberty" is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper."

i just checked out that interview and he spends a disturbing amount of time talking about how democratic elections with a secret ballot will act as "a whip in the hands of the population against the organs of government which work badly." lol
That IS pretty disturbing!
don't just stare at it
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_STALINGRAD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-31-06-54-20

gyrofry posted:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_STALINGRAD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-31-06-54-20

In addition to the Volgograd legislature's move to restore the old name of the city, authorities in Volgograd, St. Petersburg and the Siberian city of Chita ordered images of Stalin to be put on city buses on Feb. 2 to commemorate the historic battle.

[pics please

Can you imagine if shock therapy does so much traumatic damage to Russia that they just gradually return to communism, slowly and begrudgingly? Not with a roar, but a whimper?
[account deactivated]
a ugly cat

ilmdge posted:

gyrofry posted:

In addition to the Volgograd legislature's move to restore the old name of the city, authorities in Volgograd, St. Petersburg and the Siberian city of Chita ordered images of Stalin to be put on city buses on Feb. 2 to commemorate the historic battle.

[pics please

Red_Canadian posted:

Can you imagine if shock therapy does so much traumatic damage to Russia that they just gradually return to communism, slowly and begrudgingly? Not with a roar, but a whimper?

nah it's gonna be a quick and willing roar probably

prikryl posted:

Red_Canadian posted:

nah it's gonna be a quick and willing roar probably

Either way, we're gonna have alot of fun, huh?