power is an n-bodied problem, that is its action upon any individual at any given time is a superimposition of two-way interactions that extends out, in principle, to infinity. (as everyone knows, n-body problems generally cannot be solved and expressed in analytical forms). but arbitrarily precise approximations can easily be devised via iterated techniques - the instantaneous trajectory on an individual (not necessarily an individual human) can be deciphered in terms of the total superimposition at the same instant! apply it in turn to the rest. learn tomorrow's reality from today's. then forward again. analysis - interpretation - may be obsolete but in truth all we need to know is the the infinite sum of wise description
i disagree

mustang19 posted:

i disagree

go ask Mr. Owl
hrn
i thought there was a general taylor series solution for the n-bodied problem, which means there is an analytic solution. i'm too lazy to check it up though
true and it was an astounding work of mathematics but it converges so slowly it's of little practical use

littlegreenpills posted:

true and it was an astounding work of mathematics but it converges so slowly it's of little practical use

why would i care about practical use? i'm in graduate school for probably number theory

choppy cands

elemennop posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

why would i care about practical use? i'm in graduate school for probably number theory

that must be nice. i'm out here in the real world, doing number practice.

despite what mathematicians keep on telling me, i refuse to believe that n is a number. it's not. it's a letter.
"oh while you're there can you get n loaves of bread" - how we'll all soon be talking, if obscurantist gentrifying bourgeois mathematicians have their way
yeah it's rich that rational logical spergy maths types complain about deluze when the whole point of algebra is "x=1" or wahtever
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

"oh while you're there can you get n loaves of bread" - how we'll all soon be talking, if obscurantist gentrifying bourgeois mathematicians have their way

this already happens, try spending time with computer science people

also known as why i didn't get a science degree

[account deactivated]
up yeuze deleuze

deadken posted:

despite what mathematicians keep on telling me, i refuse to believe that n is a number. it's not. it's a letter.

woah dude, not cool. keep your fucking voice down, there might be a couple of malcolm x+1s within earshot

see i say intergA not intergER, that makes it not racist

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

yeah it's rich that rational logical spergy maths types complain about deluze when the whole point of algebra is "x=1" or wahtever

there are very few "rational logical" types in mathematical research, as it seems completely counterproductive to actual productivity. you have a lot of crazies, but it's mostly of the egoist, obsessive type. and i don't know of any mathematicians that complain about deleuze and guattari