People who voted for and have no active dissent against war criminals who kill hundreds of thousands, a large portion of whom are innocents, hate people who hold signs and express their beliefs about situations wherein people died, none of whom they in any way had to do with the death of. Thoughts?
[account deactivated]
the WBC are not only patriots but intellectually honest with themselves. Their children live full and productive lives (one of the young daughters was an exceptional photographer for instance) but actually centered around a moral framework unlike most lost liberals. They have a firm ethical core and do not stray from it. They are disciplined and compassionate.

Overall they present one of the more positive faces of America to me as a foreigner
what is the difference between a 'God Hates Fags' or a 'God Hates Troops' sign and a 'FUck All Christians' sign many liberal atheists might brandish?
it's cool that no one from the north is ever satisfied with kansas radicalism. it's like oh no don't do that john brown, we have to work through legal channels and the power of the law to end slavery. or no no no student protesters, i know it sucks we shot at you but we need to end the war/address other social problems with the slow train of reform. so then after killing off the radical left, the right steps into the void and it's like no no no we can't turn back the clock. God is dead idiots, go shopping or something here buy this american flag and let us do the heavy work of running the country.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

what is the difference between a 'God Hates Fags' or a 'God Hates Troops' sign and a 'FUck All Christians' sign many liberal atheists might brandish?

God will punish the latter

as you walk along the streets of Jerusalem, you spot out of the corner of your eye a copy of al-Ja'miyya al-Arabiyya, newspaper of the people. HMMumm, what's this, you mutter under your breath. news news, yadda yadda, whatever whatever. BUT Ah... here's a something sparkling in the sunlight an open letter by his magnificence, the Chief Editor, to the pigs at the American Consolate... this oughtta be good...

Sirs,

We have received by way of post your absurd "aid package," no doubt intended to shame us into compromise with your journeyman privateers. Know that canned food is a perversion, and I suspect even ultimately very damaging to the soul - your own degenerate behavior proof enough. Further, corn, sprouts, potatoes, and other gross vegetable matter grown on your continent is not fit for man's consumption - at the very least not for men of God, praise be to Allah. The stability of their place in your diets is a testament to your lack of ingenuity as a people and the death of civilization in those that venture too far from the ancient homelands. Even the Jews, ever so willfully withholden from theology and geometry, taste and decency, acting as if a people could collectively act like some sort of sputtering infant, have managed to construct cuisine of a more proper form than yours. Granted, this includes such abominations, I have heard, such as shrimp in a pita, slathered with mayonnaise, but yet - they are still learning, having spent so long in foreign lands. Perhaps one day, we may yet hear of the lost tribe boast of hoummous as a national delicacy!

But you, you scum, I can imagine huddled 'round a pit, wearing, men and women alike, naught but those twice-despicable "coonskin caps" and denim overalls, no socks, no shoes, or underrobes even, roasting cans of corn over an open flame. "Is the suppah raddy yut, Pappa?" your slovenly wife asks of you. "A-a...a-ain't yet," you stutter, after licking your finger and checking the tops of the red-hot tins. "Meh skins' aint quite raddy ter burst." And so you sit for hours yet, amusing your families by spewing flatulence onto the open fire.

Sirs, take a lesson from the Germans, who, despite their poverty at the hands of your "Doughboys", generously sent ten cases of their most delicious beef Weiners to our delight. Believe me when I say that the People of Palestine rejoice at the sight of any of our Deutsche friends and shall remain ever dedicated to their path in the future. As for you, keep your culinary correspondences in the future to business strictly, for our people shall not tolerate further insults of this kind.

Yours in Anger,
Izzat J. Darwaza, Chief Editor
hi i just wanted to check in and offer my ironic support for these brave people, whoever they are
the westboro baptist church are trot scum who engage in peaceful legal protest, submitting to the illegitimate authority of the homofascist state. while i agree with some of their ideas they have no grasp of revolutionary praxis whatsoever and as such i don't feel i can support their movement.
[account deactivated]
Wbc is a place where posters that read fag aids is both funny and acceptable.
Theyre trolling. Trollng is when your better and cooler than other people and say lies to them so they get mad. OPlease: dont feed the trools.
Probably wbc are worse than most americans, cause theyre guilty of everything that most americans are while also being awful rude little ppl. Thats the final verdict.

tpaine posted:

Mary J. Bilge

discipline posted:

I don't really like the way they involve their kids because I saw a guy once throw a big gulp at a kid's head, the kid was holding a sign saying something like FAG AIDS or w/e. the way they make a living is that they're all lawyers and sue anyone who lays a hand on them at protests. so I think doing that to your kid is pretty harmful. anyway they don't know what FAG AIDS means

also fred's beating them up and probably raping them if the ones who escaped are to be believed

*symbolically defeats the 1st Amendment rights of Americans by donating to a terrorist state*
n/m beaten at joke
https://www.facebook.com/pages/African-Americans-in-Support-of-Westboro-Baptist-Church/179422268867090
[account deactivated]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/klu-klux-klan-protests-westboro-baptist-church-video/2011/05/31/AGgoiPFH_blog.html

As President Obama honored fallen soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery on Monday, three members of the Westboro Baptist Church protested the ceremony, holding signs that read “Pray for more dead soldiers” and “God hates your prayers,” as the controversial group has become known to do. They were met by about 70 counterprotesters, including members from a group just as contentious as the church: the Ku Klux Klan.

Dennis LaBonte, who told CNN he was a military veteran and the “imperial wizard” of a KKK chapter, said the approximately 10 members of the group came in “support of the troops.” LaBonte, who said he’s not a “hate-monger,” said he “thinks that it’s an absolute shame that show up and disrupt people’s funerals.” The group was cordoned off in a separate area and reportedly “drew little attention.”

WBC member Abigail Phelps said the KKK “have no moral authority on anything.”

“The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race,” she said. In March, the Supreme Court ruled that the church has the right to picket funerals.

WBC is the only group left with the courage to call themselves "hate-mogers". Even the KKK has a liberal public relations outreach.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the idea that someone is "bad" is silly moralism. we rhizzonites are beyond good and evil. there is only what advances the revolution and what retards it. lol i said retard.
*dutifully holds FAG AIDS sign* *gets hit in the face with a Big Gulp* *throws nicotine patch stock in trash and immediately buys plane ticket back to London*
What's the WBC.
[account deactivated]
wanker broadcasting corporation
it's you
[account deactivated]
Two revelations i've had

1) the WBC is seriously one of the most prominent anti-imperialist voices in America. They get the anti-war message out in the mainstream media far more effectively than any traditional leftist groups.

2) Fred Phelps was a civil rights hero in Kansas who took on the defense of black people against harassment, raids, arrests when nobody else would.

It's ridiculous that the liberal media characterizes them as "bigots", but like Chomsky said the media needs to frame what constitutes "acceptable debate" and has to deride or abuse anyone such as the WBC who offers any criticism of america's racist imperial policies and the people who carry it out.
i'm not sure calling the military fags counts as anti-imperialist criticism

do they arm passive allies? no. do they disarm active opponents? no. story would not approve.
i really wonder how jesus would treat WBC if he came back today? they'd be one of the first christians in this country afaik to cleanse the metaphorical temple of hedonism but their righteous indignation oversteps the bounds of humility and compassion he otherwise preached. like i bet theyd be the first to cast a stone at someone with fag aids.

guidoanselmi posted:

i really wonder how jesus would treat WBC if he came back today? they'd be one of the first christians in this country afaik to cleanse the metaphorical temple of hedonism but their righteous indignation oversteps the bounds of humility and compassion he otherwise preached. like i bet theyd be the first to cast a stone at someone with fag aids.

First of all, can we quit talking about casting stones. You never casted anything in your life. Second go watch bells from the deep

casted a ballot for GWB in 2012.

peepaw posted:

i'm not sure calling the military fags counts as anti-imperialist criticism

that's a very simplistic reading of their message. They're saying God is punishing America for it's degeneracy: it's not just "fags", it's also support of Israel, invasions of foreign lands etc.

you're reading too deep into what they say. secular issues like foreign policy don't enter into their worldview at all except when they can tie their message to a current event