[account deactivated]
stormin' norman died RIP

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/27/obituary-norman-schwarzkopf.html

i had his trading card in the gulf war cards set.
yes he deserved to die and i hope he burns in hell

Goethestein posted:

how come the chinese cant figure out democracy lol. its been like 3000 years of civilization

chinese democracy took forever to make and then when it came out it sucked

Goethestein posted:

my favorite Troop apologist bullshit of all time is How Were They To Know That They Were Going to Go To War. i could see the validity in that argument, in, say, 2002, 2003, maybe 2004, although they did sign a contract that clearly stated "you may very well go to war" and any sped with two neurons to rub together might have noticed that we invaded three or four countries in the two decades prior to 9/11. but whatever. military contracts last eight years. if you were bonehead enough to sign up for the military september 10th, 2001, your military contract ended september 10, 2009. every single person who is in the military today either signed up or re-upped long after it was clear that we were at war and were going to continue to be at war. to say nothing that the active duty timeframe lasts from only 2-4 years and they severely cut back on calling up reservists in 2007.

neurons dont rub each other. idiot

gyrofry posted:

yes he deserved to die and i hope he burns in hell

still better than albright

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/12/navyseal-movie/?utm&pid=8935&viewall=true
Navy SEALs are having the best year and a half ever. We've been inundated with tell-all books, documentaries, and big-budget action movies (the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty) about the special-ops frogmen... and then there's that whole Team-Six-killing-Osama thing. We're beginning to think there's no task too big for these badasses. Just to make sure, we asked 17-year SEAL veteran Don Mann—author of the US Navy SEAL Survival Handbook and a Team Six trainer—how the SEALs would handle a few epic missions of our own devising. And by "our," we mean Hollywood's.

Click on to see how the SEALs would handle the harrowing moment of movies from Return of the Jedi to The Dark Knight Rises.

Return of the Jedi (1983)
Scenario: A morbidly obese kingpin imprisons a carbonite-encased pilot in his palace, which is populated with armed minions.

Mann: "A team of 14 SEALs fast-rope down from a helicopter onto the roof, then go through either a skylight or window to clear the house from the top down. Anyone with a weapon is a threat, and SEALs shoot the threats. Anyone who isn't they zip-tie and put on the floor with a hood on their head. Snipers are outside, making sure nobody's escaping. We clear room to room, looking for that pilot."

Willow (1988)
Scenario: An evil queen holes up at the top of a high-walled castle, protected by archers and swordsmen. The gates open only from the inside.

Mann: "A Special Purpose Insertion and Extraction rig lets seven or so guys hang on a helicopter line—they can come off the line or provide security from the line, shooting into the castle. The archers and swordsmen are easily taken out by these snipers. Throw in gas and the rest come out choking; rush in with gas masks on, put a gas mask on the queen, hook her to the SPIE rig, and pull her out from the top."

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Scenario: An outbreak has forced a group of SEALs to hole up in a mall, surrounded by zombies (the fast kind).

Mann: "Being SEALs, they'd already have an escape plan figured out. But with the outbreak, they don't want to leave a safe environment to go out into an area that's been contaminated. They may be better off sitting in that shopping mall until help arrives. But the first thing to do is get a transmission to the outside. Then get into RadioShack and make a bomb. Use it to create a diversion on one side of the mall to get those zombies rushing over there."

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
Scenario: Terrorists have cut a large city off from the outside world and trapped the police. They have a nuclear bomb, which they're driving around on a truck, with decoy trucks.

Mann: "Our people fast-rope out of helos and come up in boats and swim to shore armed. If we find the target truck, they can detonate the bomb, so we need to have CBR (chemical/biological/radiological) gear available. Whatever trucks our intel has told us they could be driving we follow by helo with armed guys, and then it's actions on the objective—secure the truck drivers so they can't detonate the device."
[account deactivated]
Wired.com Presents: Who Would Win In A Fight, A Navy Seal or Batman

stop posting and listen to this song forever and ever
remember back in the day when Troop Criticism became the standard opinion even among inoffensive dipshits? pepperidge farms remembers
[account deactivated]
goatstein is actually a third worldist with a pathological trolling disease
i used to fart out the standard liberal cliches of troop defense. it was shameful.
i like it when military members will go trolling for internet points on reddit with pictures of themselves with cats and shit like "me and PFC Cuddles* in Afghanistan!!" and how mad people get when you criticize them for being a murderous cog in US imperialism

*service animals are given ranks in the military, no i am not making this up
[account deactivated]
i love the military and have frequently wanted to join it.

unfortunately now i'm not suitable for military service due to the following minor issues:
- severe mental health problems
- borderline obese
- strong opposition to authority
- extreme left politics
- dislike for regimentation
- critical of basic mission of modern military

but like if being in the military entailed casual practice shooting, doing logistics work ever so often, having a cool rank and such then i'd be on top of that.
[account deactivated]
i'm sort of sad that the word "camofare" never took off beyond a few of us
[account deactivated]
canada is thinking about committing Troops to a large training mission in west africa. i couldn't bring myself to fully read the articles about it though because the whole scramble to divide africa again is going to continue to be a horror show and at some level i'm not ready to understand it yet.

tpaine posted:

it was classist

true.

[account deactivated]
i was an ardent conservative when i gbs posted back in 2004
also now when i post there

getfiscal posted:

unfortunately now i'm not suitable for military service due to the following minor issues:
- borderline obese
- extreme left politics

but like if being in the military entailed casual practice shooting, doing logistics work ever so often, having a cool rank and such then i'd be on top of that.

so basically you just want to start a militant cell

i was a cosmopolitan neocon and i'll die a cosmopolitan neocon, hopefully arming freedom fighters

Crow posted:

so basically you just want to start a militant cell

either that or watch season one of sleeper cell again.

darwyn al-sayeed
A sleeper cell... literally
is that the new sa layout lol
i have always defended the Troops, standard-bearers of the Right & Proper Aesthetic. god bless
i watched an illegal torrent of zero dark thirty last night and its neat how it presents the osama raid as a straight assassination op
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

- borderline obese
- extreme left politics

welcome to the national guard.

What if a 1980s American aircraft carrier (with its modern firepower) time-warped back to Pacific waters just outside Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941? That's the intriguing premise behind this sci-fi adventure that stars Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.

getfiscal posted:

- borderline obese
- extreme left politics

gyrofry posted: