Cycloneboy posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

“land ownership = social power? Wow what a crazy theoretical notion. I don’t believe it because I’m more of…I guess…..a pragmatic liberal”

- Cycloneboy

Capital is not land, and we live in a consumerist society where women make up the majority of the consumer spending and so dictate the movement of capital by their habits.

so basically you havent read any marx

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

“land ownership = social power? Wow what a crazy theoretical notion. I don’t believe it because I’m more of…I guess…..a pragmatic liberal”

- Cycloneboy

Capital is not land, and we live in a consumerist society where women make up the majority of the consumer spending and so dictate the movement of capital by their habits.

I really don't care about what some dead dude from 150 years ago thought about economics.

Cycloneboy posted:

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

- Cycloneboy

I really don't care about what some dead dude from 150 years ago thought about economics.

mods, gas & ban thuis chucklefUKkernaught

Cycloneboy posted:

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

- Cycloneboy

Cycloneboy posted:

source

Boston Consulting Group estimates that women control $4.3 trillion of the $5.9 trillion in U.S. consumer spending, or 73% of household spending

http://gaia.adage.com/images/random/1109/aa-newfemale-whitepaper.pdf

why does this matter. why is it important that women are the ones buying groceries. why do I care that my wife decides if i eat fruttie pebbles or cocoa puffs or if I drive a civic rather than a mazda 3

[account deactivated]

Cycloneboy posted:

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

- Cycloneboy

wow missed this post. you're banned, buddy

that thing about women owning 1% of the world's property is obviously a ridiculous statistic
why
i mean i've got an open mind to it being incorrect because even if it's 17% the point still stands.
roughly 50% of state-owned property is owned by women

why

restrict it to the first world and you remove the kingdoms, dictatorships and sultanates which are basically entire nations owned by men. then restrict it to the bottom 90% of the first world and you should have rough parity, which brings it back to a class problem rather than a gender problem

Goethestein posted:

restrict it to the first world and you remove the kingdoms, dictatorships and sultanates which are basically entire nations owned by men. then restrict it to the bottom 90% of the first world and you should have rough parity, which brings it back to a class problem rather than a gender problem

most property owned by the bottom 90% is owned in a partnership between a men and a woman.
but if you chop off the top ten percent even if we take your claims at face value we still have enormous gender inequality. unless you're saying that when everybody finally lives in idle comfort the divide between the sexes will end

Goethestein posted:

why

keep removing statistical figures until you are just left with statistical outliers that support the claim. hello, it's called science

[account deactivated]
women control the power over 'wages' and the means of food production. source: the relationship with my mother.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the point of strictly looking at first worlders in the upper middle class or below is simply to point out that the implicit claim being made here, Look How Bad Women Have It, is deliberately misleading. sure women as an aggregate have it bad, but that does not mean that first world women do by any coherent standard

Goethestein posted:

why

yes, class problems go hand in hand with the subjugation of women, you really figured it out now

women in the first world are not subjugated by any coherent standard
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

could you tell me the average income of a single mom in the usa goatstein

[account deactivated]
how is it subjugation to be poor as a result of ones own stupid irrational decisions
[account deactivated]
that would be subjugation.

Cycloneboy posted:

also lol @ the idea that men created false rape allegations. that's a strictly female enterprise, my friend.

People who think false rape accusations are a bigger problem than rape are like people who think “welfare queens” are a bigger problem than poverty

What about in the Jim Crow era south?

if one is going to look around for gendered subjugation, why is single motherhood the go-to instead of the prison system, 90% male and far more wretched and oppressive than childrearing
poor women: dumb as hell
poor men: victims of an oppressive system keeping men down
can you do ladder theory next

AmericanNazbro posted:

women control the power over 'wages' and the means of food production. source: the relationship with my mother.

http://www.theonion.com/video/mother-who-forgot-to-pay-29yearold-sons-phone-bill,30831/

AmericanNazbro posted:

poor women: dumb as hell
poor men: victims of an oppressive system keeping men down

both people are dumb as hell and mostly responsible for their own situation. if we are going to ignore that, why care more about women than men?

[account deactivated]

Cycloneboy posted:

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

- Cycloneboy

your fucking dead bitch

discipline posted:

not now honey, no I can't take care of the baby. I'm trolling them on all three fronts here: homelessness, single moms, and trans women

im taking care of the baby irl while my wife is out. maybe u should stop policing gender roles.

get your wife to post here

Goethestein posted:

discipline posted:

not now honey, no I can't take care of the baby. I'm trolling them on all three fronts here: homelessness, single moms, and trans women

im taking care of the baby irl while my wife is out. maybe u should stop policing gender roles.

even my shitty ass parents would tell you that dumping you're daughter in the crib/in front of the TV and checking up on her every hour or so while you post on a gay forum trying to convince people what a shitty person you are is only "talking care of a baby" in the sense that she'll live to see another day