does anyone have any good reading material / completely unfounded long winded opinions on the angola civil war that they could share with me / the forum? do you support cuban imperialism or condemn it?

serious posts only itt
google john stockwell
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
fsadf
i love cuban imperialism, scarface is my favourite movie
south africa enslaved the angolans and then they had a lincoln moment
the cia was / is behind it and / or capitalism is the cause.
william blum has a decent chapter on it in killing hope.
the soviet backed government was probably better than unita. there are cases of the soviet imperialism definetly screwing up countries, though, like ethiopia and afghanistan.

Edited by mustang19 ()

this stuff seems legit.

http://www.conflict-prevention.net/page.php?id=40&formid=73&action=show&surveyid=47

HenryKrinkle posted:

william blum has a decent chapter on it in killing hope.

also the angola chapters here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/115951880/CIA-in-AFRICA-Philip-Agee-Etc

I did an essay for a politics class in university...Cuba's involvement seemed pretty badass. Large numbers of doctors and soldiers and teachers working with the MPLA, educating, healing and fighting.
The Cubans were building a dam, and on the day it was finished, Castro announced it was a gift and the Angolan government wouldn't have to pay them back.
What's more, they left after the South Africans did, which was what they said was the reason they were there. Their actions at the battle of Cuito Carnivale and throughout the war did a major blow to the strength of the South African armed forces, preventing further actions of that force against independent black states, and ultimately doing a great deal more, in my opinion, to ending apartheid than the western boycotts. I had a quote from some leader of the terrorist wing of the ANC saying how much he valued their help. And I'm pretty sure there's one from Nelson mandela as well.
DPRK sent a few thousand troops with china right? that owns