snipe
[account deactivated]
i saw women in burkas, not hijabs
[account deactivated]
I havent seen any muslims in utah but i went to the mormon temple it was weird.
why would you get on a plane 20 hours to go to utah
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

why would you get on a plane 20 hours to go to utah

Why not

[account deactivated]
I wanted to see the real america.....there are so many ads for medical and debt litigation bullshit its a sick country for sure
[account deactivated]
when i lived in nevada the closest town over was in utah so i would go there sometimes. there was a wal mart where every woman was either pregnant or hauling 2+ kids around or both. brood farm
[account deactivated]
Its weird how you judge people for shopping at walmart ( and the audacity of having children) when you drove from the next state to do so lol

Goethestein posted:

i saw women in burkas, not hijabs

im pretty sure you didnt

also burkas are a form of hijab
i did.
[account deactivated]
is it really so unlikely that i saw a ladey or two in burkas walking around a heavily muslimized area of london uk.
as jools said burkas are hijab. like i said before. you are extremely ignorant / also a stupid lil bitch irl
thats extremely ableistic, sizeist, misognist and real-privileged.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

what? they don't let you in if you aren't a member of the congregation

PYF lds temple. oakland is the best, it stands on a hill overlooking the whole city - creepy as all hell. i wanna find out more about the architects who designed thiese things, they are all basically neo-fascist nightmare buildings.

KilledInADuel posted:

what? they don't let you in if you aren't a member of the congregation

Just walked around it, went to the visitor centre thing

Its weird how you judge people for shopping at walmart ( and the audacity of having children) when you drove from the next state to do so lol

i didnt judge those people, i simply made the objective assessment that they were less than me and deserving of ridicule

I see burqas around the U.S. often enough they don't surprise me, are they really that uncommon in London? The first time I saw one I was in an ULTRAZONE and she was playing pinball
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Squalid posted:

she was playing pinball

nice transphobia . i suppose men can't wear burqas huh

nice misgendering. i suppose transwomen can't be women huh

[account deactivated]
i want to wear hijab
i wonder what bizarre mental sickness causes humans to wear clothes in the first place
the democratisation of religion is p silly, full stop. God doesn't care about some random commoner anymore than god cares about the germs I crushed when I scroll-wheeled over all your posts. The bloke who fixes my shoes up isn't going to come up with some theological brilliance anytime soon.

Lykourgos posted:

the democratisation of religion is p silly, full stop. God doesn't care about some random commoner anymore than god cares about the germs I crushed when I scroll-wheeled over all your posts. The bloke who fixes my shoes up isn't going to come up with some theological brilliance anytime soon.

maybe people thought the same thing about a certain carpenter....

Lykourgos posted:

Yeah but neither are you. A good argument for egalitarianism Grundrissfish

Goethestein posted:

i wonder what bizarre mental sickness causes humans to wear clothes in the first place

Your posting

Lykourgos posted:

did the zeus not trick chronos and lead the gods to overthrow the titans? why should we not expect the gods to fear us as much as their parents feared them? every child must kill its parents.

Goethestein posted:

there are a few different ideas about why clothing might have developed. there is evidence of clothing from at least a hundred thousand years back. our ancestors were mostly "hairless" going back a few million years as they became long-distance runners. as various parts of the world experienced subsequent glaciation you can see why clothing would make sense. & clothing can be costume, camouflage, ritual object, status indicator, and so on. Guess what nudists it was 28 degrees today.

i think clothing was kind of like if we landed on another planet that sucked too bad to live on so we just wore our spacesuits all the time until after millennia our society was built around everybody wearing spacesuits even indoors because we developed humungous psychological complexes about not wearing our spacesuits

Lykourgos posted:

Yeah but neither are you. A good argument for egalitarianism Grundrissfish

uh yeah I will, I will contemplate morality and eternal forms and thereby appreciate the true god more than your average joe bloggs.

elemennop posted:

did the zeus not trick chronos and lead the gods to overthrow the titans? why should we not expect the gods to fear us as much as their parents feared them? every child must kill its parents.

Well, Rhea tricked Kronos, but at any rate it doesn't mean that all children attack their parents. Remember that parricide is an awful offense that didn't even exist amongst humans until Ixion.

edit: also see the 全相二十四孝诗选
http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~asia/24ParagonsFilialPiety.html

Edited by Lykourgos ()