the last legal poll has these results:

Italy - Common Good (Bersani, centre-left) 35%
Berlusconi's coalition (centre-right) 28.5%
Five Star Movement (Beppe Grillo, anti-political) 16%
Monti for Italy (centrist) 14.1%
Civil Revolution (left) 3.5%

voting today and tomorrow.

antonio negri status: age 79, still alive, hasn't launched revolution yet.
negri's wife was born when he was 32
maybe donald's future wife is being born right now]
Haha national elections
haha the monkeys at the zoo. i wantsam brooklyn pziza. Daddy i wanna see the monkeys at teh zoo. I have nipples focker can you milk me??
#wow #whoa
doesnt italy use a king or something?
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

it's called a don

hi

TG posted:

doesnt italy use a king or something?

five start movement = antipolitical lol ok
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

five start movement = antipolitical lol ok

jools calls him fascist. wiki says anti-establishment populism. i don't know much about him really. i just read that 800,000 people showed up at his pre-election rally.

Provisional Results:

Italy - Common Good (centre-left) - 344 seats
Berlusconi's coalition (centre-right) - 126 seats
Beppe Grillo's Five Star Movement - 109 seats
Mario Monti's centrist parties - 48 seats
Other parties - 3 seats
Total - 630 seats

Senate: i dunno

"Late Monday, the left-wing coalition led by the Democratic Party's Pier Luigi Bersani appeared to have gained a razor-thin victory in the lower house of parliament over the center-right coalition headed by Mr. Berlusconi—29.6% to 29.2% with 99.9% of the ballots counted. By leading the vote count in the lower house, the Democratic Party will automatically get the majority of seats and, therefore, will likely receive the mandate to form a government.

The Senate, however, appeared headed for political impasse. The Democratic Party was the leading vote-getter in the upper house as well, by less than one percentage point. But its 31.6% result fails to provide its coalition with a majority to pass legislation. If a new government isn't able to guarantee clear parliamentary support, Italians could return to the polls within months...

The apparent stalemate reflects the groundswell of support for former comedian Beppe Grillo's Five-Star Movement. His throw-the-rascals-out platform drew enough voters to give it nearly as many votes as Italy's mainstream coalitions—25.6% in the lower house at the latest count, making it the single largest party in that house."
[account deactivated]
Beppe Grillo's Five Star Restaurant
06.45 Good morning and welcome to The Telegraph's live coverage of the markets' reaction to the Italian election impasse.
well, more potentially fascist than fascist. like m5s supports could be swept up into that, but we'll see
who is history's most genuinely anti-political politician

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

who is history's most genuinely anti-political politician

there was a politician in canada whose name on the ballot was Satan.

clement attlee
Michelino
26 February 2013 10:29pm
Recommend
What the hell are you all talking about? Beppe Grillo, like his followers, has no proposals to make. He is like earlier Italian leaders (translation from Italian/Latin: Duce = Leader). He offers nothing - well. that's not quite true: a few years ago a Grillo-loving friend of mine gave me a plastic ball which Beppe Grillo had been peddling on his blog, and he swore if you put it into your washing machine it would clean your clothes without using detergents. It depended only on the action of - I can't quite remember: ionization? It didn't work. Even my friend's mum told her it didn't work. My friend told us both that we were old-fashioned and didn't understand that even if it didn't work, it was BIOLOGICAL and, therefore, good. The dirt around the neck of the shirts was a sign that we didn't understand that organic dirt was good for us - sorry, but this little tale is actually true. I repeat: true!
jools i see your point about the fascism

Grillo's main message was not about getting out of the Euro, nor against austerity. I gather that the author needs to say that in order to push his own internal agenda, but this is not the case. Grillo's success is more about getting against the long established privileges in the Italian society. This ranges from corruption to the arrogance of the old politicians who are very distant from the actual people. His electoral campaign was more about morality and increasing welfare rather than going for Keynesian policies.

bippy
that guy says no politicians should be allowed to have criminal records, and he has three manslaughters on his record from a car accident he had
[account deactivated]
Bippy
buca di beppe
anyone watch the last black mirror?
yea it was ok but charlie brookers on politics seems a bit average at least compared to his social and technology lark where is much more sure of making an actual long lasting critique which fits

its kind of like the chris morris, thick of it school of political analysis basically which is good but lacks any actual integrity about what politics is even in its parliamentry form and just distills it into posh alienated people who kind of dont get it

still nice to have that viewpoint at least though
i was just struck by the insight that a political "figure" controlled a lot more completely and openly than usual by a capitalist firm would be easier to sell to people than we'd like to think

like wasn't the whole "politicians are all corrupt empty suits" thick-of-it-style theme ultimately a total misdirection?
that & the alienation of creative labor

thirdplace posted:

i was just struck by the insight that a political "figure" controlled a lot more completely and openly than usual by a capitalist firm would be easier to sell to people than we'd like to think

like wasn't the whole "politicians are all corrupt empty suits" thick-of-it-style theme ultimately a total misdirection

i didnt think of first point but i got a bit confused trying to place the cia point and gave up putting that into the mess

i thought that as well then i watched the second series and kind of figured that it its actually just that political comedy fits into the entire channel 4 milleu of not being able to think past liberal capitalist univerasalism etc see: carr, mitchell, boyle for detail

i did always think charlie maybe thought a bit more about it but i think thats just cos i think his social/technological stuff is really interesting (but i know less about that then politics so could he could be average on that to)

Satire is inherently reactionary
oh i didn't mean there was any direction in in-the-thick-of-it, I haven't seen that (altho i have a personal microsecond cameo in In The Loop)--just that the Black Mirror ep definitely seemed to be saying that Waldo's lampooning of pols was ultimately reactionary ("It would be one thing if you were preaching revolution but..")

and I actually didn't interpret the black american dude as being CIA, altho that's definitely a really reasonable take--i just figured it was some big-time PR "agency." doesn't really matter either way of course lol

thirdplace posted:

oh i didn't mean there was any direction in in-the-thick-of-it, I haven't seen that (altho i have a personal microsecond cameo in In The Loop)--just that the Black Mirror ep definitely seemed to be saying that Waldo's lampooning of pols was ultimately reactionary ("It would be one thing if you were preaching revolution but..")

and I actually didn't interpret the black american dude as being CIA, altho that's definitely a really reasonable take--i just figured it was some big-time PR "agency." doesn't really matter either way of course lol

ah yea fair play

yea waldo was deffo meant to be the real reactionary but at the same time their was a critique of the empty suites style politics

so it all got a bit confused of who was actually confused as to what it was actually trying to say rather then just an exiting way to say a fairly mild critique which was literally been part in parcel of the entire of political satire in the UK since the day today

thats why it was disappointing to me cos charlie brooker went for an average point in a challenge to basically no one at all (it was the same in his last political one since the themes of episode is seemingly "tech" "social" "politics" in varying order but i cant remember any specific points on it just i had same view)

it gets a bit more confusing cos their isn't really anyone like waldo anywhere as well

i mean like every single of political comedy on tv as a point

its kind of like who are you criticizing since you seem to be linking the right to tell democracy as it exists to fuck off in a fairly concise rant to ultimate emptiness which nobody really does in the actual world unless your trying to pretend apathy only exists as a relationship between voters and parliamentary structures and that is the total of politics rather then as something which represents deeper forces

SovietFriends posted:

...its kind of like who are you criticizing since you seem to be linking the right to tell democracy as it exists to fuck off in a fairly concise rant to ultimate emptiness which nobody really does in the actual world unless your trying to pretend apathy only exists as a relationship between voters and parliamentary structures and that is the total of politics rather then as something which represents deeper forces

well it's not like the big rant didn't come from an semihonest place or wasn't true in, at the very least, its particulars. i took it as "yes politicians are wankers but if you leave it at that you risk being controlled by forces much more malign than mere wankers." might be my own bias tho

i really hope that was the point since its a nicer message then i got which is to just moan about charlie brookers personnel opinion of politics

though i am a bit worried that the particular configuration of how the real waldo fell from grace kind of undermines exactly what was all going on since it was a deferment back to parliamentary structures not to radical fun

by the way one hundred percent watch brass eye and the day to day its like this stuff but less fuzzy and alot funnier (not that brooker is bad since he is excellent but morris re: politics rather then the society stuff is basically all the inspiration for this)

he helped write that waldo episode + he wrote nathan barley with brooker as well but its his own stuff which is spectacular

Edited by SovietFriends ()

the PM fucking a pig on TV can't be topped