[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
so sad that algeria didn't provide this man with a job and he had to go to france to burn himself

discipline posted:

Yet, on Wednesday morning Chaab was able to catch a bus, get off it 50 metres from the agency, douse himself, set himself on fire and make his way to the entrance unrestrained. One news account says there was just one security guard posted outside the agency. Bassères says there were some inside the building.

this paragraph owns

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
WSWS is trot but it's a decent source of info and consistently antiwar FWIW
[account deactivated]
why didn't he feel at home in one of the hundreds of dedicated leftist organizations which would have abolished unemployment through magic or some shit????
how much is the dole in france?

in ireland its €184 per week

getfiscal posted:

why didn't he feel at home in one of the hundreds of dedicated leftist organizations which would have abolished unemployment through magic or some shit????

bono could have wasted all his celebrity on something useless like animals or gays but instead he chose the poverty of poor black people and i can't attack him for that.
its cool how very unlikely it is something like this will work to inspire people in a Democracy

jools posted:

its cool how very unlikely it is something like this will work to inspire people in a Democracy

i think the average white french proletarian probably hears that an algerian set himself on fire and he starts to imagine a new source of winter heating.

*jools sits in his magnificently appointed manor at Porkney-on-Gloumcestershire and sneers*
i wish....
more like Somalian Dole Scrounger with Fifteen Children sits in his Renovated Kensington Mansion and Sneers at Indigenous Brit Working Class

discipline posted:

By Antoine Lerougetel
16 February 2013

On Wednesday afternoon, Djamel Chaab, 43, an unemployed Algerian worker, doused himself with petrol and died by self-immolation in front of the state employment agency (Pôle emploi) in Nantes in western France, which had cancelled his eligibility for unemployment benefit.

The previous day at 10 a.m. he had written to the local paper, Presse Océan, asserting his right to the benefit: “Today is a great day for me because I will burn myself at the employment agency. I have worked for 720 hours and according to the law it’s 610 hours. And the agency has rejected my claim.”

At 1 p.m. the same day the paper received another email, which read: “I went to Pôle Emploi with five litres of gasoline to burn myself, but it was closed ... so it will happen tomorrow the 13th or the 14th, because it really would be better to do it at Pôle Emploi, thank you.”

Julian Chaillou, a union spokesman for the CGT (National Confederation of Labour), explained: “He would have received unemployment benefit for a period when he was working. In that case he’s being hit twice: He has to return the money he was not entitled to and his right to benefits is not recognised for this period.”

Chaab finally carried out his suicide pledge just after 12 noon on Wednesday. In order to avoid being prevented from doing it he set fire to himself some 50 metres from the agency and ran to the entrance, where a single security guard was on duty and unable to save him.

The police said that Chaab was married, had a 10-year residence permit, had no criminal record and led a normal life. He had recently completed a boiler manufacturing course.

How was it—despite the obvious seriousness of his intentions and the precise details of how, when and where he would carry them out—that the authorities did not prevent the tragedy? The measures taken appear to be the minimum necessary to provide a cover for allowing this obviously desperate man to kill himself. AFP reports, “According to the Employment Agency, staff called him to help him find alternative solutions, for financial aid and in order to spread out payments which he owed to the agency. But on Wednesday morning, at the home he rented, the police got no answer. The calls from the agency also received no answer.”

Contradicting this account, Jean Bassères, general director of the agency nationally, claimed: “When he told us that he intended self-immolation, we alerted the police and the firemen. We were able to contact him, we offered him an appointment to examine all possibilities of dealing with the situation. He did not want to come and that morning we tried again to phone him.” Bassères continued: “The staff there feel that they did all they could to avoid this tragedy.”

Yet, on Wednesday morning Chaab was able to catch a bus, get off it 50 metres from the agency, douse himself, set himself on fire and make his way to the entrance unrestrained. One news account says there was just one security guard posted outside the agency. Bassères says there were some inside the building.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/02/16/suic-f16.html

taking notes?

HenryKrinkle posted:

WSWS is trot but it's a decent source of info and consistently antiwar FWIW

no it isnt u buffoon

impper i like your nu posting style btw, don't let the haters get u down
[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i like u shutting the fuck up

Impper posted:

no it isnt u buffoon

it is trot

the writers are at every UK demo and they are literally insane from trotskyism and sectarianism to the point they are difficult to be around

SovietFriends posted:

they are literally insane from trotskyism and sectarianism to the point they are difficult to be around

oh so they're leftists

getfiscal posted:

oh so they're leftists

wish it was that simple but they are in that really odd hard trot milleu who actually genuinely love his theories and end up internalizing it to the point their role is pretty much exclusively to just kind of argue about all the more complex positions often and publicly while also occasionally taking insane insane positions themselves

SovietFriends posted:

Impper posted:

no it isnt u buffoon

it is trot

the writers are at every UK demo and they are literally insane from trotskyism and sectarianism to the point they are difficult to be around

im permabanned poster stalinstomper58. i first started reading trot pamphlets when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "permanent revolution" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "stalin balls" and "i love shitting inside stalins asshole" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "theoretical" style of trotskyism was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" trotskyism to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

SovietFriends posted:

Impper posted:

no it isnt u buffoon

it is trot

i meant that it isn't consistently anti war

henry krink has the nastiest habit of falling for trot lies.

thanks for the compliment IWC. I will stay strong.

Impper posted:

i meant that it isn't consistently anti war

v.good point then congrats

its a good source cos they have a left eye for news basically and so get detail on events that are important for the left

but part from that for point you said and more its fairly shoddy and can't really be used for getting worthwhile positions

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

impper has easily become one of the greatest and most prolific posters of our time.

WSWS is the net equivalent of trot pramphlets, trots be linking that shit like mad with FW: emails. shit is bananas! get me outta this whacky place!
i am a perfect and beautiful poster, with, a job

ilmdge posted:

SovietFriends posted:

Impper posted:

no it isnt u buffoon

it is trot

im permabanned poster stalinstomper58. i first started reading trot pamphlets when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "permanent revolution" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "stalin balls" and "i love shitting inside stalins asshole" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "theoretical" style of trotskyism was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" trotskyism to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Impper posted:

i am a perfect and beautiful poster, with, a job

Get a real job.

Eating 6,000 calories of gluten heavy food and then writing yourself into romance novels aimed at waif hipsters is not a Job. Get a job impper.

AmericanNazbro posted:

Eating 6,000 calories of gluten heavy food and then writing yourself into romance novels aimed at waif hipsters is not a Job.

sigh.

*throws both pizza and manuscript in garbage*

6,000 calories? That was easily 12,000 calories.
was that the alley pizza
being In Love is already a full time job
naw dog thts not the alley pizza