wasted posted:

ironic distance is a sign of critical taste. that's good. Fuck civilization. it was a giant bore anyway. so let's listen to shitty music and read bad rape literature (i mean come on, even the 18th century didn't over-dramatize rape scenes). I'm mature in this regard btw!

i'm not sure your point so i'm upvoting this post to be sure.

getfiscal posted:

wasted posted:

ironic distance is a sign of critical taste. that's good. Fuck civilization. it was a giant bore anyway. so let's listen to shitty music and read bad rape literature (i mean come on, even the 18th century didn't over-dramatize rape scenes). I'm mature in this regard btw!

i'm not sure your point so i'm upvoting this post to be sure.

It's the impish person effect.

my boss's dog did a shit on the floor. i think that would make a good tv show

littlegreenpills posted:

my boss's dog did a shit on the floor. i think that would make a good tv show

"my performance review" heh lol get it?

Impper posted:

why did u make this thread about a tv show

Girls is a good show
what does lena dunham think about jodi dean i wonder
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

Lol I doubt she thinks about her at all, she’s got bigger fish to fry

gyrofry posted:

they're part of a four-letter name mafia

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

getfiscal posted:

the wire is a preposterous racist show for liberals. in other words, i liked it.

The wire is boring as hell

‘ripped from the headlines’

Yeah and written with all the panache and skill of a dying provincial newspaper. It’s basically CSI written by Tim Wise.

"tick tock" is literally major plot point. you may be on to something here...

[account deactivated]
And the guy who wrote it or whatever was a newspaper writer, so that comment is pretty funny. And the fifth season had the actions of a dying city paper as a major part, so I guess art imitates life or something.
CSI with more realistic characters, and a more valid analysis of the inertia of established groups and how individuals attempting reforms within those groups are gradually ruined by that association into the exact same people they were attempting to reform against.
ive said it before and ill stand by this one; every tv show ever made is an obscure and inferior reflection of Stargate SG-1
i like long-running hit tv series M*A*S*H it's a good show. charles > burns, potter > blake, and BJ > trapper. DS9 is the best star treks. mike is sharper and has better timing than joel but joel seems like a really chill and cool guy.
lol ds9. get a load of this guy
[account deactivated]
i don't think i've ever watched a joel episode just because i've seen so many mike ones that i think it would weird me out*

*i weird out very easily**

**yeah maybe in a mirror boom
[account deactivated]
oh i've seen pod people. hahah i'm a liar.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

mike > joel

This is the best one imo
Joel..
Tom..
Crow...huh.