aldo moro is the most handsome leader in western europe
my mom was in Rome when he was kidnapped and got arrested because she couldn't speak Italian lol

gyrofry posted:

Moro is counterrevolutionary scum, long live the Red Brigades!

[account deactivated]

babyhueypnewton posted:

gyrofry posted:

Moro is counterrevolutionary scum, long live the Red Brigades!

CIA

[account deactivated]
my god i'm almost 100 years old and i've lived through some crazy times. those were all in my 20s when i'll admit after the years of gw bush and the next 8 with obama, i really thought 'the american century' was over. economic collapse, over-extended empire, and vapid, uncritical social culture. well hand it to mark rubio for really turning it around after 2016, new social austerity measures somehow did the trick like they did in europe.

thanks to private investment in STEM, the singularity has been all but achieved and with voluntary permission for data mining, limitless life of good health is available to everyone regardless of social strata. peak oil and global warming was a huge joke with more reserves being found under the melting arctic ice while the natural feedback cycle kept carbon in check.

it's just been a steady state of utopia since 2030s. to think the left had it right...ha!
oh the other 70s? fucking carter is a facist putting down the iranian revolution. motherfucker i hope he rots. fuck gov reagan too i guess, but maybe his hollywood liberal will shine through when he's prez.
gas crisis??
Vespasian is just riding off the wave of resentment against Nero drummed up by shills like Tacitus, while sucking Germany and Egypt dry and selling Rome to developers. LMAO is this the 70s you were referring to, 70-79 AD?!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Like other first world Marxists, one of my daily struggles is finding a worthwhile tv show to watch. After a long day of work over at the labor aristocracy, inc. all we want to do is zone out and be entertained. Unfortunately, capitalist television is a tool that reinforces misogyny, racism, classism, homophobia, and shit tv shows. I wanted to discuss one of my favorite shows, The Rockford Files, and provide some reasons as to why it is one of the few programs out there actually worth watching.
free da RFA
man disco sucks!! good thing complaining about it is a perennial wellspring of humor
*Brrring*
"This is Tayrn Fivek, at the tone leave your name and message and I'll get back to you" *beep*

"no, whenever i try to talk shit through with you you start giving me your fucking awful readings of whatever bullshit tv show you're watching. first it was deadwood, a patently white supremacist text if ever i saw one (completely denying the fact that actually native americans interacted to a huge degree with colonising whites, itself part of the tragedy of the native american genocide) and then you go on about how 'boys will be boys' or whatever when i start talking about your boyfriend not reading shit "

BADADDUADUM
it's 1978 and I enjoy this 'posting' thing in small doses. Obviously the idea that these 'forums' and 'connected computers' will replace real-world interaction is laughable and horrific. People are becoming more aware of their environment and their society, just look at the popularity of something like Earth Day! People are hungry for change and the chance to contribute to meaningful social movements; the days of the individualized 'consumer-citizen' are on their way out along with DDT and Nixon. I really don't think that sitting in front of a little box in a darkened room talking to disembodied walls of text is ever going to be particularly appealing.
Thank God for the rain which has helped wash the garbage and trash off the sidewalks. I’m working a single now, which means stretch-shifts, six to six, sometimes six to eight in the a.m., six days a week. It’s a hustle, but it keeps me busy. I can take in three to three-fifty a week, more with skims. I work the whole city, up, down, don’t make no difference to me – does to some. Some won’t take spooks – Hell, don’t make no difference to me. They’re all animals anyway. All the animals come out at night: Whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

haha the guy from taxi driver makes more than I do in the 1970s

well uh yeah, Robert De Niro's a pretty big star

hint hint
i thought he meant $3 to $3.50 a week
[account deactivated]