First lady Michelle Obama debuted a new motto as she hit DNC fundraisers in New York on Wednesday.

"We need you to keep on writing those checks, and if you haven’t maxed out, you know, what’s my motto? Max out," she told attendees at the DNC's LGBT Gala on Manhattan's Upper East Side. "Let’s say it together: Max out. And if you’ve maxed out, get your friends to max out. It’s a very -- maxing out.

"Sounds kind of baller, too -- maxing out. Everyone here should be maxed out. "

The first lady was introduced at the gala by NBA player Jason Collins, who recently became the first professional male athlete active in a major American sport to reveal he is gay.

"Jason, we are so proud of you," she said afterward. "We are proud of your talent, your character, your courage."

The trip, which incuded stops in New York and Boston, was the first fundraising foray for the first lady since her husband's reelection, and, as she did at other events during the trip, she urged attendees at the LGBT gala to help her husband execute his agenda by sending more Democrats to Congress and by staying tuned in, despite the fading of excitement after the presidential race.

"It is so tempting to just turn off that TV and wait another four years to re-engage. But make no mistake about it, while we are tuning out, let me tell you, other folks are tuning in; others are doing everything they can to make their voices heard," she said. "And we are seeing the effects of that kind of imbalance every single day in Washington."

Obama cited the failure of a measure expanding background checks for gun buyers and the budget impasse with Congress.

"Barack Obama cannot do it alone," she said. "...He needs folks in Congress to help him every single step of the way. And that’s why it is simply not enough just to elect a President every four years. It’s not enough. We need you to be engaged in every election, because special elections matter, midterm elections matter; it matters who we send to Congress."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/05/michelle-obamas-new-baller-motto-165023.html?ml=bp

Thoughts on Michelle's new motto? And did she pick the right time to debut it?

lmao this is real. Its Real.

Lessons posted:

lmao this is real. Its Real.

Lol thanks for the reminder, I forgot to include a link in the OP. Edited in.

One good idea for getting money is to ask ppl to give you the maximum amount of money that they possibly can -- this plan will increase your money, at the cost of their money.
I decided that people knew that they could give me money, but it might not have been clear to the public how much money I want. I am making it clear: the larger the amount of money I am given, the happier I will be with the amount that I have. This was the impetus for the More campaign, as well as the kneeling beggar stance I adopted in front of gay couples who I am not allowing to adopt kids to spend money on.
Maxed out and in debt to my creditors by several thousand . . . sounds kind of baller, just like Kobe Bryant, from the Lakers. now that's, paper.,
[account deactivated]
in point of fact, that is nba 2k4
[account deactivated]
MAXXXD OUT

[account deactivated]
how can i max in
[account deactivated]
I'm 'bout my...
"Spinach"
“Cheese”
“Dough”
“Cheddar”
“Fetti”
“Gwap”
“Money”
“Mula”
“Mozzarella”
Etcetera, Etcetera
Fuck competitors
Fuck These rappers
Fuck These editors
Fuck The Head of the State
Fuck The Gates surroundin’ the prisoners
These MuthaFuckas tha prey I’m the predator

-moochelle o'bozo
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

skylark your posts in this thread are of unusually high quality for you but i'm downvoting them on principle anyway

fuck his ass up!!

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

skylark your posts in this thread are of unusually high quality for you but i'm downvoting them on principle anyway

Just invented another move I will use against you if I ever see your punk ass IRL. Now it's nearly 40 moves that I know.

tpaine posted:

let me search for an image to illustrate basketball, thought skylark. i think i'll search for NBA 2k7 in the Google!

I googled "basketball xbox". You cant google xbox 1 to narrow results to the original xbox anymore so it was harder than you might think.

[account deactivated]

Skylark posted:

roseweird posted:

Just invented another move I will use against you if I ever see your punk ass IRL. Now it's nearly 40 moves that I know.

now youre literally threatening to assault "troons" in real life? fyad shitheaddery never seizes to amaze me

[account deactivated]
yet more evidence that the capital accumulation fetishism of ballerism requires shattering through forcibly severing signifier and signified, perhaps by a personality cult of incoherence Based around a self-ciphered man-god
isn't troon "transgoon" or am I wrong in my word study
[account deactivated]
read title as: "First lady Michelle Obama debuted a new motto as she hit NYC skyscrapers in New York on Wednesday."

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

Maxed out and in debt to my creditors by several thousand . . . sounds kind of baller, just like Kobe Bryant, from the Lakers. now that's, paper.,

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

*michelle takes a big bite of Guy's "Ruddy N' Runny" Sweet N' Sour Peppercorn Ranch Chicken Fries Supercharged on a Bed of Twice-Broiled Pressed Ahi Niblets and Marzipan Chorizo Garbage and Her Choice of Five Rockin' Sides* "That's money!!"

Yum yum, very nice!

It is so tempting to just turn off that TV and wait another four years to re-engage

SO tempting....

"Let’s say it together: Max out. And if you’ve maxed out, get your friends to max out. And if your friends don't want to max out, then just max out some money to your friend, then get your friend (lets call him Max (if his name isnt Max get him to go down to the Social Security office and MAX THAT SHIT)) to max out a Max check in the exmaxt amax that you just maxed to him, maximally maxumventing maximum maxpain maxnance max. It’s a very -- maxing out.

*looks down at empty KFC box* I....i maxed out! i maxed out i maxed out