http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130606140857.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News%29

Petey posted:

June 6, 2013 — R H i z z o n E and other social networking web sites have revolutionized the way people create and maintain relationships. However, new research shows that R H i z z o n E use could actually be damaging to users' romantic relationships. Russell Clayton, a doctoral student in the University of Missouri School of Journalism, found that individuals who use R H i z z o n E excessively are far more likely to experience R H i z z o n E-related conflict with their romantic partners, which then may cause negative relationship outcomes including emotional and physical cheating, breakup and divorce.
In their study, Clayton, along with Alexander Nagurney, an instructor at the University of Hawaii at Hilo, and Jessica R. Smith, a doctoral student at St. Mary's University in San Antonio, surveyed R H i z z o n E users ages 18 to 82 years old. Participants were asked to describe how often they used R H i z z o n E and how much, if any, conflict arose between their current or former partners as a result of R H i z z o n E use. The researchers found that high levels of R H i z z o n E use among couples significantly predicted R H i z z o n E-related conflict, which then significantly predicted negative relationship outcomes such as cheating, breakup, and divorce.
"Previous research has shown that the more a person in a romantic relationship uses R H i z z o n E, the more likely they are to monitor their partner's R H i z z o n E activity more stringently, which can lead to feelings of jealousy," Clayton said. "R H i z z o n E-induced jealousy may lead to arguments concerning past partners. Also, our study found that excessive R H i z z o n E users are more likely to connect or reconnect with other R H i z z o n E users, including previous partners, which may lead to emotional and physical cheating."
Clayton says this trend was particularly apparent in newer relationships.
"These findings held only for couples who had been in relationships of three years or less," Clayton said. "This suggests that R H i z z o n E may be a threat to relationships that are not fully matured. On the other hand, participants who have been in relationships for longer than three years may not use R H i z z o n E as often, or may have more matured relationships, and therefore R H i z z o n E use may not be a threat or concern."
In order to prevent such conflict from arising, Clayton recommends couples, especially those who have not been together for very long, to limit their own personal R H i z z o n E use.
"Although R H i z z o n E is a great way to learn about someone, excessive R H i z z o n E use may be damaging to newer romantic relationships," Clayton said. "Cutting back to moderate, healthy levels of R H i z z o n E usage could help reduce conflict, particularly for newer couples who are still learning about each other."
Share this story on R H i z z o n E, Twitter, and Google:

The period of mourning for the victims of the Boston Terror Attacks behind him, Petey resolves to return to his duty: talking and thinking about face book every moment of every day, forever.
[account deactivated]

the only consistent motivation for leaving the earth is to dismantle the sun

Conspicuously missing from the public space debate, therefore, is any frank admission that, “(let’s face it folks) -- planets are misallocations of matter which don’t really work. No one wants to tell you that, but it’s true. You know that we deeply respect the green movement, but when we get out there onto the main highway of solar-system redevelopment, and certain very rigid, very extreme environmentalist attitudes – Gaian survivalism, terrestrial holism, planetary preservationism, that sort of thing -- are blocking the way forward, well, let me be very clear about this, that means jobs not being created, businesses not being built, factories closing down in the asteroid belt, growth foregone. Keeping the earth together means dollars down the drain – a lot of dollars, your dollars. There are people, sincere people, good people, who strongly oppose our plans to deliberately disintegrate the earth. I understand that, really I do, you know – honestly – I used to feel that way myself, not so long ago. I, too, wanted to believe that it was possible to leave this world in one piece, just as it has been for four billion years now. I, too, thought the old ways were probably best, that this planet was the place we belonged, that we should – and could -- still find some alternative to pulling it apart. I remember those dreams, really I do, and I still hold them close to my heart. But, people, they were just dreams, old and noble dreams, but dreams, and today I’m here to tell you that we have to wake up. Planets aren’t our friends. They’re speed-bumps on the road to the future, and we simply can’t afford them anymore. Let’s back them up digitally, with respect, yes, even with love, and then let’s get to work …”

Fuck This Gay Earth
i love my dead gay earth
All Punks Please Leave Earth
[account deactivated]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

roseweird posted:

where should we meet when it's over

i like the moon

it will just be a planet once the earth is gone, so we're ok

its true, i was in a loving relationship before i began to engage in a long-distance emotional relationship with rhizzone user "dongs" through PMs and now my life has been a spiral of alcoholism, depression, and ever more depraved sex toys
This paper asks whether political participation confers psychological benefits. Four hypotheses were
tested: that involvement in volunteer activities reduces subsequent psychological distress, that resisting
perceived discrimination does, that the benefits of political involvement are more pronounced for
respondents prone to psychological distress, and that any observed benefits of political involvement are
attributable to a psychological trait. The study employed data from a long-running panel survey. Political
activity appeared to be more beneficial for respondents prone to psychological distress. These findings
suggest that participation is a resource that alleviates psychological distress, which might offset some of
the negative mental health consequences associated with disadvantaged social status. The results are
discussed in light of recent theories attributing health benefits to social capital and empowerment.

According to the analysis presented here, political participation confers statistically significant,
but small, benefits, relative to “human capital” factors like education and income. These benefits are not
enjoyed by everyone, but instead are concentrated among women who are especially inclined to
psychological distress. Though relatively small and limited in scope, these findings should not be
construed as disconfirmation of the intuition that taking part and fighting back is health-enhancing.
Political engagement is costly, especially when it requires the enunciation of rights or protests against
injustice. This truism is neatly reflected in a story recounted by the feminist legal scholar Kimberlé
Crenshaw. In her first year of law school, accompanying two black male colleagues, Crenshaw was
asked to enter a private club at Harvard University through a back door because she was woman.
Recounting her choice about whether to protest or not, Crenshaw remarked that her story “illustrates the
ambivalence among Black women about the degree of political and social capital that ought to be
expended toward challenging gender barriers, particularly when the challenges might conflict with the
antiracism agenda” (1989/1998:330). Crenshaw's decidedly un-Putnamesque reference to political and
social capital reminds us of the costs of fighting injustice. These costs should be recalled as we consider
the findings presented here. The small but significant psychological benefit from participation is more
impressive when we remember how much participation demands of citizens, especially those working
against historical disenfranchisement.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

who is petey

An attempted lawyer who gave up and became something even worse.

in the future we will prosecute people for attempted lawyer

tpaine posted:

who is petey

that guy who wrote a burger tracking app

the rhizzone has damaged my relationships because now i can't stop my self from shouting "heil hitler" every time i climax and i currently find myself unable to find long-term emotional connections
try jdate
oooo ken-san, you Caucasian chin chin so biggu. heiru hitoraa
lol kens not caucasian
goatstein is the big chin asian fetishist, i'm the wine drinking orgy pervert
you're just some regular bloke from the mean streets of london
jokes on you, i dont have any romantic relationships

ChairmanMao posted:

Fuck This Gay Earth

Poz this Prissy Planet

Superabound posted:

jokes on you, i dont have any romantic relationships

since discipline didn't say it, shut the front door