also, forgot to mention, it's a sin against god, and we should live our lives in grace. amen.
[account deactivated]
well if you got core couple bonds, and you just fuck on the side, that isn't really polyamory..., but there's obviously some reason you'll see coupling happen, whether it's basic human wiring, ingrained social expectations, or basic network stability theory. also, i'm not saying it's a big deal, and that we should police it or anything like that, but if you tell me your polyamorous, i'm probably gonna write you off in my mind as a degenerate.
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

that's ok i'm probably a degenerate

i'll pray for your recovery

polyamory is just a bunch of broken narcissists being narcissists and desperately trying to suppress their boiling jealousies so that their scene freinds wont think theyre an L7 weenie. imo
all relationships of all kinds are absurd and ridiculous. why do we keep doing it? because we need the eggs. (annie hall reference)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
let's very generously estimate that any given relationship has a 25% of "success," that is the relationship would continue happily for at least a few years, if not for the impositions of external events.

a poly triad has three times as many relationships that must be maintained as a couple does. this means the chance of "success" is .25*.25*.25 or 1.5625%.

most relationships actually end within 3 to 5 months so good luck

roseweird posted:

try gay polyamory, it's better

sorry babe, im a one man man

[account deactivated]
the frequent use of the word "erotic" in this thread is making me muy uncomfortado
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

it's not like you have to be sleeping with lots of people at once all the time.

roseweird posted:

swampman posted:

let's very generously estimate that any given relationship has a 25% of "success," that is the relationship would continue happily for at least a few years, if not for the impositions of external events.

a poly triad has three times as many relationships that must be maintained as a couple does. this means the chance of "success" is .25*.25*.25 or 1.5625%.

most relationships actually end within 3 to 5 months so good luck

yeah? i don't see the problem. if you remain open to polyamorous relationships you will mostly be a serial monogamist and occasionally end up in a larger relationship with more people, which usually doesn't last that long but sometimes lasts a while, and it's nice when it does. it's not like you have to be sleeping with lots of people at once all the time.

i dont understand the need to form a poly identity then. i mean i don't think anyone is inherently polyamorous - polyamory is something that you do and when you're not in a poly relationship you arent "poly."

the only reason i can see to refer to myself as "polyamorous" is if i was absolutely determined to fuck people without my partner knowing or without her permission, no matter what, no compromise.

roseweird posted:

yeah? i don't see the problem. if you remain open to polyamorous relationships you will mostly be a serial monogamist and occasionally end up in a larger relationship with more people, which usually doesn't last that long but sometimes lasts a while, and it's nice when it does. it's not like you have to be sleeping with lots of people at once all the time.

so whats the difference between that and "dating"? more orgies than even a british jewish rhizzoner can handle?

roseweird posted:

sorry in the future i'll say "naked fun times" instead if that is more your grade level

well considering im not a ponytailed 65 year old hippie currently pruning in a hot tub, yes, that would be more age appropriate than "erotic"

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

swampman posted:

i dont understand the need to form a poly identity then. i mean i don't think anyone is inherently polyamorous - polyamory is something that you do and when you're not in a poly relationship you arent "poly."

i don't know, i don't care about it as an identity but i think it establishes a useful word for a preference/style and questions the normality of prescribed monogamy. i agree it's silly to say "i'm polyamorous" but i think it's cool to talk about polyamory and it's good for spaces to exist where it is accepted and normal, even if they're mostly pagan nerds. whatever i was just defending it because elemmenop thinks it's for mentally ill people or something

i specifically said it probably wasn't a sign of mental illness!

polyamorous is only a term employed by gross overweight retarded people
what if someone who is none of those things employs the term
thats lykourgos's eromenos
"eroticism" is whats left over when you run out of hard dicks to fuck and suck
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Roseweird the genitals of both sexes are gross if you think about it long enough, just be thankful male dicks dont have barbs like cats and female vaginas arent looped over and over like ducks. I dont know about either of these from science, but personal experience
hetaerae are for pleasure, and wives are for children

- the greeks
i think erotics is about self-destruction and the annihilation of individual subjectivity but what do i know
the best part of that video is that French people dont understand echoes
[account deactivated]
Cos Sex Thats Just Wanking Isnt Very Good
Q) Pourquoi ne pas les charlatans de canard écho?

A) Ils parlent tous la langue française!
[account deactivated]