[account deactivated]

One woman I met at a workers' rights headquarters in a shady Dhaka neighbourhood

I'm left wondering what meaning of the word 'shady' is being used here. Poor journalism, please don't used this source again D.H.

SariBari posted:

'we have rights'

we hate rights as we hate wrongs. we have abolished right and wrong

discipline posted:

I could write a good post about the op but I don't currently have access to a grown ass-keyboard at the moment, so hopefully I remember to do this tomorrow night. women in developing countries in factory work is one of my irl subjects I like to chat about

get one of those badarse filco keyboards. clackety-clack

discipline posted:

I could write a good post about the op but I don't currently have access to a grown ass-keyboard at the moment, so hopefully I remember to do this tomorrow night. women in developing countries in factory work is one of my irl subjects I like to chat about

an afl-cio problem...

[account deactivated]
im isolated in my home, and outside as well. you dont need to be a woman to be completley isolated these days
keep your door open

SariBari posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

what's a paper dress and what do you do if you're wearing one and it rains

it's forever 21 type shit, cheaply made, usually knockoffs from the big designer. lots of it made in bangladesh, mexico, and vietnam. consumer activism can be pretty gaey here at times but there really is no excuse for grown ass women with morals to be going into these stores anymore. also you can usually find it in thrift stores so why keep buying it from the mall?

who cares?

i wonder what percentage of global end-point consumers of Bangladeshi garments and textiles are women
All female garment factory workers should be laid off to free them from capitalist exploitation. Capitalists should also stop paying them such high wages so women stop applying for work.

gohome posted:

SariBari posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

it's forever 21 type shit, cheaply made, usually knockoffs from the big designer. lots of it made in bangladesh, mexico, and vietnam. consumer activism can be pretty gaey here at times but there really is no excuse for grown ass women with morals to be going into these stores anymore. also you can usually find it in thrift stores so why keep buying it from the mall?

who cares?

Obvs you do, whomever's creepy little alt you are. Keep piddling around and hating on every post, good luck with the diaper rash

SariBari posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

walk into the march like what up i got a post doc
i'm so moral cuz of some shit from the thrift shop
fair trade stitchin, it's so damn musty
people be like "damn! that's an left-ass trustee!"

[account deactivated]
but who sweatshops the sweatshoppers?
thread title is weird because $20 a week for full time factory work doesn't seem like it would count as empowerment

discipline posted:

YEAH YOU'RE A REAL RIOT AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY... O_o