My parents and I were talking about SB5 and got onto the topic of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings. My parents insist that we don't know if it was rape, as it could just as well have been love or "just wanting nice things." I pointed out that slavery has the threat of violence inherent within the system, therefore it must be coercion and that is rape. They proceded to yell at me and call me "close-minded" and refused to continue the discussion as "your mind is already made up." Does anyone else have to deal with outwardly logical and charitable parents who manage to do shit like this? Also, what happened to the "fuck you dad" tag?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556719

PYF posts from this shitty thread

Pretty sure he was a free rapist
probably the best post:

At the very least it was sexual harassment in the workplace.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i bet jools wonders what GOATSTEIN thinks about this!! get him here so jools can know

your a monster

If only I was an american and gave a shit about thomas jefferson, then I could truly appreciate this thread
everyone should stop shaming interracial relationships imo

Goethestein posted:

everyone should stop shaming interracial relationships imo

post the interracial steampunk wedding photos

In fact, Dad, you are a rapist...
redfiesta, in your opinion, which post is your favorite in that thread?
All women are slaves and all sex is rape so like all other men in the modern era thomas jefferson was a rapist of slaves.
your logic is undeniable
Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields,
Sold in a market down in new orleans.
Scarred old slaver know he's doin alright.
Hear him whip the women just around midnight.
Ah brown sugar how come you taste so good
(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should
A-huh.

Drums beating, cold english blood runs hot,
Lady of the house wondrin where it's gonna stop.
House boy knows that he's doin alright.
You should a heard him just around midnight.
Ah brown sugar how come you taste so good
(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a black girl should

babyfinland posted:

Pretty sure he was a free rapist

nothing for this huh

[account deactivated]
Puns are a weak form of humor, comrade
i liked the part where they guy said that we shouldnt say its bad to rape slaves because thats denying the slaves agency
"Maybe that woman consented to a lifetime of rape and forced childraising because she wanted nice things?" said Mother as she sheepishly lowered her gaze and retrieved another beer for Father

Keven posted:

All women are slaves and all sex is rape so like all other men in the modern era thomas jefferson was a rapist of slaves.

perfect example of the ambiguous idiosyncratic definitions of "slave" and "rape." Truly this conversation is meaningless due to the subjectively malleable nature of words. Each participant will respond according to their own definitional limits and understanding based upon their own subjectively expereinced existence and instinctual gut reactions. One's personally opinionated emotional and reasoning capacities will be used to establish what scenarios are considered "within" the compartmentalized definition of "slave" etc. This is the cause of all disagreements and the reason for ideological divergences.

argumentation is useless. perhaps an inwardly focused example/summary/presentation of one's own beliefs based on one's personally subjective worldview established from one's entirely unique life experience could be put forth for discussion, but critiques of others' worldviews and debasing of "arguments" becomes senseless.

out

Edited by jools ()