I'm genuinely curious, what's this guy doing now
[account deactivated]
Ahmeds peepin' on the 14 year olds in the pool... No Chalabi
he's got an official position with the us government overseeing iraqi democracy. unironically
every couple of weeks the core direct action people from occupy haifa (about six of us) carpool down to tel aviv to meet with their direct action people. we always have a really productive meeting for 2-3 hours then someone breaks out the liquor and we all get roaring drunk and crawl all over each other before passing out. it's the most pansexual group of people i've ever encountered
the iraqi national congress is the most pansexual group of people i've ever encountered my guy
[account deactivated]
2007 is the most recent i could find: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-chalabi13nov13,0,2576954.story
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Washington Post, 27 Feb. 2010:

BAGHDAD — Ahmed Chalabi, once a key U.S. ally while in exile during Saddam Hussein's regime, is in the limelight again, and his actions are proving no less controversial than they did years ago.

On the eve of Iraq's parliamentary elections, Chalabi is driving an effort aimed at weeding out candidates tied to Saddam's Baath party. Chalabi is reprising a role he played after the U.S.-led invasion — which many critics believe he helped facilitate with faulty intelligence — and, in the process, is infuriating U.S. officials and some Iraqis, who suspect his motive is to bolster his own political bloc.

The re-emergence of Chalabi, a Shiite, on the political scene has rankled U.S. officials and fueled concerns that Sunnis and other secular Iraqis will be marginalized.

Ultimate prize

Some Iraqi and U.S. officials think Chalabi might have his eyes on the ultimate prize, however unlikely he can attain it.

"Even if it kills him, he's going to stay in Iraq to try to become prime minister," said Ezzat Shahbandar, a Shiite lawmaker from a competing slate who has known Chalabi for more than 20 years. Some would go further, and cast the events of the last few weeks as a victory for Iran's will over that of America.

Was it Karzai who got made President of Afghanistan because his brother ran a restaurant in Virginia or something?

"Holy shit Bob, look at the carpets on the wall, this guy's our man, I can feel it!"

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Was it Karzai who got made President of Afghanistan because his brother ran a restaurant in Virginia or something?

"Holy shit Bob, look at the carpets on the wall, this guy's our man, I can feel it!"

They did run a restaurant but the actual reasons and choices were developed by ex-pat monarchists who hadn't been in the country since the 60s

hmm if we install our pet popalzai that'll keep the pushtun quiet. more crab pls hamid
chalolabi