There's a place like that on the highway here that sounds exactly the same....so forlorn and tacky

Leyland Brother's miniature Ayers Rock restaurant and gift shop

...i can't believe yo ualready met someone else in ramallah...

edit: AHAHAHAHAH @ THE MINI AYERS ROCK BUILDING
[account deactivated]
my parents live in south carolina for a few weeks a year so i THINK i know about such things, you aardvark!

getfiscal posted:
my parents live in south carolina for a few weeks a year so i THINK i know about such things, you aardvark!

WHO do your parents want to win 2012

i enjoy going south of the border but only in the context of a fulfilling and mutually satisfying enthusiastically consensual relationship
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:
i enjoy going south of the border but only in the context of a fulfilling and mutually satisfying enthusiastically consensual relationship

This except Gamestop instead of sotb

I'll bet you thats an unlicensed Speedy appearance..
One of my old crusty friends told me a story once about how they were trying to hitch to Charleston to see Buzzoven or Pantera or some shit and like halfway into their first ride they were like 'oh shit. what are we gonna do if we don't make it to charleston in one ride' so they just got off and hitched the first ride back to Ashford or whatever and he said there was like literally three times the traffic leaving S. Carolina as there was going in and the lady who gave them a ride was like 'yeah good idea leaving S. Carolina.'

Skylark posted:
WHO do your parents want to win 2012

lol my parents are not very political. i don't think they care who wins. my dad votes liberal but only because he's catholic and his family/friends are liberals.

so theres a puerto rican, a cuban, and a dominican on a raft and the raft is overloaded so its sort of sinking, and so they say "we'll throw off that stuff from our luggage that we already have enough of back in our countries so taht there will be less weight on the boat"

they all agree, and the cuban starts throwing boxes of cigars off the raft
the dominican starts throwing plantains off the side
and the puerto rican goes up and pushes the dominican off the boat
i cry every time i eat a burrito
i cry every time i eat a dorito
i cry every time i eat, and eat every time i cry, i weigh 420 pounds and my dick smells of salt & vinegar crisps

Lykourgos posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqwM0ojHwCo

would an area with terrain like that have been under the control of a nearby city state during the classical period? i just looked up taygetos and its a huge ass mountain range right next to sparta. if i was a helot that's where id go

discipline posted:
that AMAZING ginger beer they make there, whatsit called, Blenheim

" It was originally bottled in Blenheim, Marlboro County, South Carolina. It was created by a local doctor in 1903 by mixing Jamaica ginger with the local mineral waters, chosen because the flavor of the mineral waters was so strong."

this sounds so tasty

shennong posted:

Lykourgos posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqwM0ojHwCo

would an area with terrain like that have been under the control of a nearby city state during the classical period? i just looked up taygetos and its a huge ass mountain range right next to sparta. if i was a helot that's where id go

It's a huge mountain range that separates Lakonia from Messenia; depending on when you want to be a helot, both regions would have been under Spartan control. It was not possible to just march over taygetos, people would generally travel the long way and go around it.

If you're an amazing climber/survivalist then I guess you could hide in the taygetos mountain range, but it's not a suitable staging ground for a rebellion. Ithome is the proper place for that sort of thing. (edit: NOT that I am condoning a helot rebellion, of course)

Edited by Lykourgos ()

This is sparta, imo.