sex is natural sex is fun

ya

ehh
sex is natural
sex is fun
sex is right for everyone

sex is hot
sex is cool
sex is good so go have it, fool!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only thing jimmy carter was ever correct about was his quote about lust. the problem is not necessarily having sex but rather what having sex makes you do and think. there are some virgins who are just as bad as the promiscuous in that sense.
however people who have sex with a lot of different people are almost always either neurotic or misogynistic
i am both neurotic and misogynist and i repudiate sex
well, at least you aren't having sex

Groulxsmith posted:
the only thing jimmy carter was ever correct about was his quote about lust. the problem is not necessarily having sex but rather what having sex makes you do and think. there are some virgins who are just as bad as the promiscuous in that sense.
however people who have sex with a lot of different people are almost always either neurotic or misogynistic

define ' a lot'

it's probably kind of point system with ascending values based on the severity of the sex act committed
actually if you are having sex with someone out of boredom or for the challenge or if you do not know them well that is one sex act too far imo
what do you mean 'severity?' like sex being at the top or what?

define 'that well'
i actually don't think sexual intercourse is any better or worse than oral sex or whatever else is out there. the corporeal aspect doesn't really matter to me to be honest.

i think it's impossible for sex to really occur without disturbing implications in most casual settings, like people having a one-night stand or flings with co-workers or acquaintances. i think it's a good rule of thumb for men at least to establish a rapport and comfort with a woman before you have sex with a woman so you can at least reduce the chance that some form of coercion is influencing what you are doing.

Groulxsmith posted:
actually if you are having sex with someone out of boredom or for the challenge or if you do not know them well that is one sex act too far imo

yeah that's slouching in a rampant direction imo

i know i just chastised this kind of e/n posting, but i guess i think back to being in college and a girlfriend at the time who had not had sex at the time we started going out. to my credit (surprisingly enough for the kind of person i was at the time) i never really pressured her into it that much, but this was an environment in which all the men disdained the idea of a relationship for any reason other than access to sex, while women grudgingly went along (I had female friends who admitted to never having sex while fully sober.) anyway, a bit of time passed (the relationship sustained itself mostly on the basis of not spending much time together) and we did have sex. looking back years later, even if i discount the specialness of it and the implications for a woman "losing her virginity" i can't help but feel guilty or at best empty about it. even through what some would see as passivity i took advantage of a system that pressures girls.

but i can't draw a line between that and where it becomes ok because it is murky and raises some pointed questions about your own self in the process
have a ton of sex with your spouse because then its beautiful and good
lol what does your weird story about a girl losing her virginity late and you being involved in that awkward situation have to do with one-night stands and 'coercion?' there has to be something more to it than that... i've been in plenty of situations where chicks wanted one night stands, sex with me their casual acquaintance, etc.. and i wanted more so what does the basic nature of acts such as those have to do with 'coercion?'
it has something to do with patriarchy bro u wouldnt understand

Impper posted:
it has something to do with patriarchy bro u wouldnt understand

this but unironically

i know it reeks of Care Bearism and the whole privilege thing has rather deservedly become a bit of a joke but to not see power relations in the interaction when you're trying to sleep with someone from a disadvantaged group is a bit of willful ignorance. even in our "permissive" society, sex is still a big deal and deep down we all know that
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Groulxsmith posted:
i know it reeks of Care Bearism and the whole privilege thing has rather deservedly become a bit of a joke but to not see power relations in the interaction when you're trying to sleep with someone from a disadvantaged group is a bit of willful ignorance. even in our "permissive" society, sex is still a big deal and deep down we all know that

so what difference does how well you know the person, the reason you know eachother, etc... have to do with whether or not there are power dynamics? are you supposed to be like, 'well i love this person so im ok with sleeping them even though there's unequal power dynamics at work'? That doesn't make any sense.

love is the closest thing we have to a world in which we have slipped the surly bonds of our society. when you are there you have done well enough in going beyond bestial lust and all its externalities and you aren't seeing a hole or a body (or a 'mind' since i know people who claim that too) but something different entirely
that post might be sad but it is not as sad as doing coke off toilets and intellectualizing with some girl in a poorly-conceived attempt to defile her
i hear what you're saying but sexual tension is so dehumanizing that i've always found it easiest to make a meaningful connection with a women after its been broken (or when it never existed in the first place)

thirdplace posted:
i hear what you're saying but sexual tension is so dehumanizing that i've always found it easiest to make a meaningful connection with a women after its been broken (or when it never existed in the first place)

"me, me, me!" -- me

thirdplace posted:

i definitely agree but i think the ends can't necessarily justify the means

babyfinland posted:

Pervert

sexual tension owns, its better than sex

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Pervert

alas the personal is political

sexual tension is dehumanizing?? what does that mean???
[account deactivated]