people sure are Mad about trump saying a thing about an operation to Russia, but all the stories on it bury a sentence like "It is entirely legal for the president to disclose any intelligence at any level at any time, BUT,"

people keep telling mom on trump. now, if he knows anything about how this shit works (and i think he does), he will fire every official who was in the meeting with him and the russians, and then he will tell the rest of them "if you leak to the media details of my meetings i will fucking destroy you", and they will tell the media again, who will report it screaming in headlines but also mention it is also legal, i guess, and it will be about an accomplished fact of power then

not that i want bad things to happen i just really enjoy all of this fucking around. it's like a good bitcoin story every day. i wish i had voted for him. trump forever, make america greatly smash hard into the side of a mountain
my long term hope is that i can yell at all my liberal friends in a couple of years LOOK NONE OF THIS FUCKING MATTERS and then we can discuss the inertia of the state apparatus and why it's all theatre on the top of the imperialism wedding cake and then we will hug and kiss and be anti-imperialist together and live happily ever after. the end.
i always thought accelerationism was sadistic but i didn't realize how much fun it could be
On the topic of how the talk show host wants to fuck babes it's brought into light by looking outside our cultural context. Like watch a Japanese or Spanish language talk show. Any actress comes on and they are performatively Horney to the level of a cartoon wolf. That's less normative in our culture so instead our married hosts just flirt and tug their collars with women 40 years their junior
the last 24 hours have demonstrated the best thing about liberals. they got him dead to rights and then they immediately start sniveling about "well LEGALLY the president can declassify what he wants, so,". comic book supervillains that sabotage themselves because they can't imagine victory

janefondafanclub posted:

i always thought accelerationism was sadistic but i didn't realize how much fun it could be

you must have been processed through one of the ritzier ICE detention centers

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

comic book supervillains that sabotage themselves because they can't imagine victory

someone post the vid of goat talking along to the Marvel Comics Universe Series of feature films that he watches obsessively because "Thanos is a liberal"

Is this now the accelerationism thread?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/11/accelerationism-how-a-fringe-philosophy-predicted-the-future-we-live-in

swampman posted:

why

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/world/middleeast/israel-trump-classified-intelligence-russia.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65307282&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0

I like how everyone is owning themselves really hard here
I'm willing to bet $350 that the "intelligence" was an offhand, open acknowledgement that Israel is supporting ISIS
yeah, I thought people would make that connection but reading comments, I was naive
"how does israel know what isis is up to?"
"well..."
*mike stoklasa voice* why do they want to destroy us...when they created us...

this is going to OWN
discussion question: if trump gets impeached before he has the chance to do really do anything hillary would not also have done, was a vote for him retroactively justified, due to the ceaseless comedy we've all enjoyed
goat did you actually vote for trump lol
Republicans all thought Obama would be impeached any day, what makes it different this time?

Belphegor posted:

goat did you actually vote for trump lol

nah. i'm just saying. if i had known he would have won, sent hillary fans into quivering meltdowns, then gotten completely owned at every turn before getting kicked out six months in i might have, as i live in massachusetts so it wouldn't matter

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2437/?tid=sm_tw

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

the fact that the american bourgioisie wiped millions off they own stock market with a story they made up about the president being a russian agent willl never grow old
Don't know where else to post this, and apologize for the twitter link. But, Chelsea Manning (American whistle blower) was just released from prison.

I know the administration at the Rhizzone is working through a long backlog of applications for prized forums accounts, but, and I think everyone agrees, we should get this brave woman an account a.s.a.p.
Nah we already have enough us intelligence agents here
UNITED STATES INTELLIGENCE SERVICES DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE
--------------------------

chelsea.... hello
military prison is brutal for anyone, let alone a transwoman most of the military considers to be a traitor. i hope life as a free woman is kinder to her, and that her politics on social media are the good and correct kind of politics that we all like instead of the bad and wrong kind of politics that make us mad.
all the names in the world and she picked the english football club one
chelsea, from the old english place name for a "chalk wharf"
everyone in london is super excited about chelsea getting out of prison

such ham-fisted symbolism. it feels like the media will be discussing 'putin-trump' for the rest of my natural life. after about a year they will be required by law to discuss 'putin-trump' exclusively, after which time other news items will be reported on only obliquely, by somehow tying them in to 'putin-trump'. this is basically already the case except for the law part

putin-trump!

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

u...mad?

tears posted:

all the names in the world and she picked the english football club one

agreed, time to rename her to atalanta manning

it's me, i'm released from prison after all these years, philly cheesesteak
[account deactivated]

pogfan1996 posted:

The FBI rank and file revolt against the firing of Comey

http://revcom.us/a/490/from-refuse-fascism-protest-firing-of-fbi-director-james-comey-en.html

The firing of FBI Director James Comey is an outrageous escalation in the unrelenting onslaught of fascist moves from the Trump/Pence Regime. This firing further reveals the Trump/Pence Regime's total disregard of the rule of law, due process and justice. Firing FBI Director Comey is an ominous and dangerous move – another in a succession of steps towards consolidating fascism.

Hands Off our FBI!!
Defend the North American deformed settler states right to military grants

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-budget-would-convert-many-overseas-military-grants-to-loans-1495378580

The memo cites Lebanon, which it said “may lack the ammunition and vehicles necessary to maintain operations against ISIS” without the U.S. grant program.

Cameroon, Chad and Niger, “may be unable to maintain their airlift, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and protected mobility capabilities necessary to defeat Boko Haram,” the memo says.

For Pakistan, its “maritime forces may have a reduced ability to patrol the maritime border,” the memo says. “Pakistan’s ability to continue participating in USNAVCENT-led maritime coalitions will come into doubt, as the Pakistan Navy is in the process of decommissioning its British-class frigates and needs additional surface vessels.”

The cuts could affect Ukraine’s ability to deploy countermortar radars, an important issue in its struggle with pro-Russia separatists backed by Moscow, the memo says.

In Colombia, where the U.S. is supporting efforts to move beyond a 50-year civil war, the cuts could affect the country’s ability to maintain its helicopter fleet, needed to fight organized crime in remote areas, the memo says.

a small loan of one million tomahawk missiles