Fine tojikkkttklllu7u ayayqsqsfjjr1aqqaayghjhjjj66j6hhutt5hjuj5jhhyotathkkkoioq888888
Fine tojikkkttklllu7u ayayqsqsfjjr1aqqaayghjhjjj66j6hhutt5hjuj5jhhyotathkkkoioq888888
Lol how did that happem
Anyway i skimmed this thread. are we forming a hardcore band?

Petrol posted:

the premise that capitalists are motivated by a desire to destroy all life is silly and unhelpful.

This is very true in my experience. I've had frank interactions with many inside enemy contexts and it struck me how everyone really believes they are doing the lord's work, even in spite of what from their perspective are regrettable side effects or unavoidable compromises.

exactly, in spite of. now if you want to argue that the human organism has a death drive which is expressing itself through capitalism that's another argument entirely and one that might have merit but it's hardly a jumping off point for political action and it certainly isn't marxist
[account deactivated]
But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?
[account deactivated]
maybe you should take a step back and think, i walked into a room full of people who already substantially agree with what im trying to say and i said it in such a way as to make them think they dont agree with it so i should probably rethink how i say those things
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

we are a result of an evolutionary process where the rate of human evolution, today, is like 5x the rate of normal genetic mutation, and it reached this high rate at the dawn of class society 12000 years ago and stayed there. our class is being bred, rapidly, through social forces. every generation's revolutionaries and dissenters and criminals are selectively killed by the state, or put in prison during typical reproductive years, so that every generation protest gets a little quieter. this is the hypothesized evolutionary path of all species which developed class society (the eusocial species), and requires fewer evolutionary steps than inclusive fitness, and the selective breeding apparatus has been observed in all class societies. someday there will be no crime, just obedience, like in the other class species.

u wot m8

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Can i just add: capitalism is not good
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

i don't know why you give the class enemy's words any credit

I am not, I agree their intentions are of no value in the face of the material effects of their actions. My point was that to infer a death driven intentionality by projecting your "materialist" theory of mind is somewhat arbitrary and of limited use.

toyotathon posted:

the human organism has a death drive which is expressing itself through capitalism

Perhaps I've said this before; I can't help but see a strong analogy between capitalism and the emergent phenomena of ant mills.

While following pheromone trails to find food they sometimes accidentally spiral into themselves, losing track of their original path and colony... more and more ants get dragged in by the exponentially increasing pheromones as they slowly but surely drift away from their colony. Doomed.

Yet from the individual ants perspective they are truly on the right path, all their senses screaming OH YEAH! THE BIG TIME! WE'VE HIT IT! THIS IS IT! Never have they felt so productive as the death spiral continually turns until the last ant dies of starvation.

This is our culture.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
wait since when is surrealist invective riffing on the monstrousness of capitalism not cool here
wait since when is surrealist invective riffing on the monstrousness of capitalism not cool here
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

hopefully these discoveries can help build class consciousness.

Hmm... I see where you're going with that but it can just as easily slip into hbd biotruth territory

toyotathon posted:

what is the stigmergic pheromone trail equivalent in our society?

Social reproduction.

[account deactivated]
if "killing every goddamn last living thing" is logically entailed by capitalist enterprise then there is no sense in which it makes sense to say "it is not the goal of capitalists to kill every last living thing", regardless of whatever special insight anyone thinks they have into the psychology of individual parasites
imo
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

we human workers also had an extremely rapid spurt of evolution at the time we developed a surplus, which was the same time humans discovered breeding logic, and began to breed all our food and domesticate animals. the ruling class, which reproduces our social system through the property relation and ideology, formed hereditary monarchies and a closed reproductive group at this time. our ruling class also determines division of labor, owns the surplus, and reproduces the social system through the brain-software of ideology instead of exclusively through gene hardware and hormones in the creche.

im really not sure what you're on here, the "closed reproductive group" of the upper class would be terrible for genetic fitness and would produce a bunch of inbred weak chinned, balding, sickly folk...which it does, while an extremely large gene pole of the proletariat, expanded massivly through the huge uphealvals in labour movements from the countryside to the cities in recent decades would produce the greatest genetic mixing the world has ever seen, which is good.

but genes are bullshit, and this is stupid, and this thread reads like "marx ideas" + that one book by e o wilson

talkin 'bout eugenics....but from the left
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

the discovery of class in other creatures might allow us to rethink some of the assumptions about our society. for instance these societies don't have the school-creche ideology, work training, and selection mechanism, and express class through morphology...

this kind of thinking seems to me to be awfully dangerous. i mean, it's one thing to apply an inherently human, political concept like class to animals - simply an overly enthusiastic reading of observed social characteristics, i guess. but to then turn it back around and look for lessons for human society.. the fundamental problem with this idea is that in doing so you naturalise existing class structures at the expense of fully appreciating their existence as a function of political and economic systems, which can only be counterproductive. the secondary and related issue is this is that resorting to biology to glean insights about class is far too abstract and esoteric, if it is sensible at all. why stop there? why not appeal to the other natural sciences for insights into human social arrangements? maybe class is analogous to the arrangement of bodies in a solar system!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]