Ironicwarcriminal posted:

babyfinland posted:

Oh I understand the political context but at the end of the day, if it comes down to smashing some kids head open with rocks, it seems pretty evil.

absolutely

But then again to the morality police, these teenagers undermining their faith, families and communities by dressing and acting in degenerate and insolent ways is pretty evil. It’s an evil that is chipping away at the bedrock of their community’s collective identity and spirit in the same of fleeting, indulgent narcissism. And what kind of good men could they be if they didn’t confront this evil?

the prophet said to repel evil with good, kindness and beautiful preaching. if those guys weren't so enraptured with this world they'd stay within the bounds of the shari'a

from the article:

The violence has drawn criticism from religious leaders, with Shi'ite cleric Mohammed al-Yaqoubi arguing that any response to emo teenagers should be confined to "advice, guidance and knowledge".

Goethestein posted:
discipline have you considered that maybe the solution is to reject the concept of good and evil and breathe deep of the abyss for the microsecond that your flesh is animate? just an idea

god is real

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

Oh I understand the political context but at the end of the day, if it comes down to smashing some kids head open with rocks, it seems pretty evil.

absolutely

But then again to the morality police, these teenagers undermining their faith, families and communities by dressing and acting in degenerate and insolent ways is pretty evil. It’s an evil that is chipping away at the bedrock of their community’s collective identity and spirit in the same of fleeting, indulgent narcissism. And what kind of good men could they be if they didn’t confront this evil?

the prophet said to repel evil with good, kindness and beautiful preaching. if those guys weren't so enraptured with this world they'd stay within the bounds of the shari'a

from the article:

The violence has drawn criticism from religious leaders, with Shi'ite cleric Mohammed al-Yaqoubi arguing that any response to emo teenagers should be confined to "advice, guidance and knowledge".

But surely violence is sanctioned sometimes, it would be silly to expect say, the Palestinians to not violently resist and to rely on only good and kindness.

[account deactivated]

But then again to the morality police, these teenagers undermining their faith, families and communities by dressing and acting in degenerate and insolent ways is pretty evil.

What do you have to say about the mormon re-education camps then?

Unremarkable. Every single home on the planet is a “re-education camp” for children to be instilled with certain ethics or morality.

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

absolutely

from the article:

But surely violence is sanctioned sometimes, it would be silly to expect say, the Palestinians to not violently resist and to rely on only good and kindness.

yes

2:190
Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

60:8-9
Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Well in a sense it is Gay Liberalism that HAS driven Iraqis from their homes, so I don’t really see the problem in crushing it’s ambassadors with a cement fist.

Well in a sense it is Gay Liberalism that HAS driven Iraqis from their homes, so I don’t really see the problem in crushing it’s ambassadors with a cement fist.

thats why you dont issue fatwa

tpaine posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Goethestein posted:

discipline have you considered that maybe the solution is to reject the concept of good and evil and breathe deep of the abyss for the microsecond that your flesh is animate? just an idea

god is real

i'm dr. ice cream.

babyfinland posted:

I do occasionally when the local Imam’s gone fishing

Either way I think what we’ve all learnt is that any “evil” can be considered a “good” so long as you can adequately justify to yourself and some others about why it is so.

babyfinland posted:

I do occasionally when the local Imam’s gone fishing

Either way I think what we’ve all learnt is that any “evil” can be considered a “good” so long as you can adequately justify to yourself and some others about why it is so.

i.e. the good and evil of things are not inherent in the things themselves, but in the relations between them and man

babyfinland posted:
*opens up a drawer full of baby clothes*

how does shirley feel about all this