[account deactivated]
The Pentagon press secretary, George Little, said that Mr. Panetta was never in danger but he could not explain the Afghan’s motive or whether he was a suicide attacker aiming for Mr. Panetta’s plane. Nor could he explain why the Afghan was on fire. "For reasons that are totally unknown to us at this time, our personnel discovered that he was ablaze," Mr. Little said. "He ran, he jumped on to a truck, base personnel put the fire out and he was immediately treated for burn injuries."
Mr. Panetta told reporters on his plane on Monday that the killings in Panjwai were a horrific part of the decade-old conflict in Afghanistan.

“War is hell,” he said. “These kinds of events and incidents are going to take place, they’ve taken place in any war, they’re terrible events, and this is not the first of those events, and it probably will not be the last.” He added: “But we cannot allow these events to undermine our strategy.”
General Gurganus
Blood alone moves the wheel of history
I honestly have a fondness for Panetta since the "Just get to the damn table" thing
i read the quote there, but not very carefully, so i don't really understand what's going on or why it's important. later OP.
[account deactivated]
i wonder if they put up the same signs they have in the NFL locker-rooms about concussions
[account deactivated]
idk i don't watch sports either but i've read about those posters

this is from the cdc

http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/pdf/NFL_Player_Poster-a.pdf

i meant to say "like the ones". they're not the same at all though

babyfinland posted:
I honestly have a fondness for Panetta since the "Just get to the damn table" thing

I liked that one time where he went and spoiled everyone's iran narrative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTe1vF679U#t=1m55s

babyfinland posted:

I have a fondness because his name makes me think of my Italian ex's delicious cooking.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

babyfinland posted:

I have a fondness because his name makes me think of my Italian ex's delicious cooking.

pancetta and clam chowder are the only thigns that make me regret the islamic prohibition of pork

Prosciutto, rocket (I think you guys call it arugula?) and goats cheese on a nice slice of pane de casa is a delicious little lunchtime snack too.

Prosciutto, rocket (I think you guys call it arugula?) and goats cheese on a nice slice of pane de casa is a delicious little lunchtime snack too.

it is but it doesnt hurt like the chowder does

Speaking of which I’d heard you guys mention Man Vs Food in here before but I only just caught an episode on TV the other day and it’s pretty disgusting just how nakedly they promote that very American sort of imbecilic gluttony, eating for eatings sake.

I dunno why but the show reminded me of mythbusters.
be glad you never had jamon iberico

jools posted:

Never heard of this and looked it up, looks delish, is it basically spanish prosciutto?

i made some salsa today. tastes like ass.
is that good or bad
I went over to my parents and cooked tacos for them last night, turned out pretty well. The only problem is my dad, bless his soul, contracted this pretty rare condition from a tick bite that sends him into anaphylactic shock if he eats red meat. Beef, Lamb, pork, kangaroo, he can’t eat at all, he’s even gone into shock from eating sour cream or tiramisu with gelatine in it.

So I had to use turkey mince which is reasonably bland. Turned out alright though

jools posted:

Never heard of this and looked it up, looks delish, is it basically spanish prosciutto?

no, it's much much better. the really good stuff is made from pigs that eat mostly acorns, so it changes their fat into something like a combination of pork fat and olive oil

im considering smuggling a bunch into america next time i go, the markup seems to be enormous as you cross the atlantic
Flipping hams on the mean streets of manhattan

contracted this pretty rare condition from a tick bite that sends him into anaphylactic shock if he eats red meat

whats this called?

jamon serrano is the spanish prosciutto equivalent i'd say. really though you can tell the difference just by looking at them; iberico is much darker, and streaked through with fat. also the whole hams look really different - iberico looks pretty nasty tbh because its matured in hill-top huts for three years lol

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

pancetta and clam chowder are the only thigns that make me regret the islamic prohibition of pork

you should avoid eating pork because the animal suffers, not because a pederast pretended that god told him to do so 14 centuries ago

shennong posted:

contracted this pretty rare condition from a tick bite that sends him into anaphylactic shock if he eats red meat

whats this called?

I dunno the technical name, i'm not sure if it even has one. He went to a meeting of a group of people and they reckon they all got it from a relatively small patch of bushland they had all frequented.

[account deactivated]
I met her at a bunga bunga party
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

I met her at a bunga bunga party

is that one of those racist parties where everyone wears blackface and drinks 40s and eats collard greens and shit

No that's the Republican party heyooooooooo

discipline posted:
well alright thug lessons, the point is that they have to disarm american soldiers when they bring in the secretary of defense, which is sort of a big deal I guess? I don't know, you be the judge

They took their guns because they didn't want one of the afghan soldiers to grab someone's rifle and start firing, not because they think a troop is going to shoot SecDef Leon Panetta. It would be funny if they did, but they really don't