lungfish is like 35 years old and divorced lol
no he is not.
the internet stops working once you fuse your online persona with a real face or biography. the greatest mistake one can make is posting a pic; you'll have to take it on faith that I'm extraordinarily handsome and well-proportioned
meh, i'm comfortable with posting my pics on the widdip. plus my internet persona is utter shit and fusing it with my Rocking Real World manifestation only helped me get more cred.

BehemothTheKatte posted:
one day after all these realms are laid in ruin Lungfish will be remembered as the greatest social critic of this internet generation.

Assuming records of any of these SA satellite forums even exist in the future. LF itself was deleted after all. I will exist like Yeshu perhaps, a scattered myth, but I have my doubts that future researchers will have my posts.

My only purpose here was originally to help wayward youths fix their lives by compassionately curing them of their ideological ailments so they can work, marry, and defend the institutions of civilization. It was a mission of mercy.

Eventually I realized that was fruitless naiveté, and, thinking collectively & structurally, changed my policy into one of mockery and destruction of the left. By invading their sacred realm I exist simultaneously as a living, breathing human being they can interact with and an abstract icon representing everything they direct their hatred towards. This either gives them the spite necessary to pragmatically achieve (and inevitably abandon leftism in the process), or it is accelerationist, radicalizing their ideology into further self-destruction and subsequent social irrelevance. If they go the self-destructive route they will either reach their nadir sooner and thus turn around earlier in their life or they will simply die off faster. Any of these outcomes is acceptable.

you're this >< close to fully converting to judaism.

imma loving it. im a bad influence.
never heard an anglo-saxon christian refer to him as Yeshu before lol.
an copycat cutandpaste hero? izzat a public display of affect in yo pocket or a smartphone? donanswerthat.
India Reports Completely Drug-Resistant TB

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/01/invincible-tb-india/

"The vast majority of these unfortunate patients seek care from private physicians in a desperate attempt to find a cure for their tuberculosis. This sector of private-sector physicians in India is among the largest in the world and these physicians are unregulated both in terms of prescribing practice and qualifications. A study that we conducted in Mumbai showed that only 5 of 106 private practitioners practicing in a crowded area called Dharavi could prescribe a correct prescription for a hypothetical patient with MDR tuberculosis. The majority of prescriptions were inappropriate and would only have served to further amplify resistance, converting MDR tuberculosis to XDR tuberculosis and TDR tuberculosis."

Tha Free Markit

Liberated territory.
lmao

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21328494.200-superbugs-spied-off-the-antarctic-coast.html?full=true&print=true

BACTERIA that can resist nearly all antibiotics have been found in Antarctic seawater.

Björn Olsen of Uppsala University in Sweden and colleagues took seawater samples between 10 and 300 metres away from Chile's Antarctic research stations, Bernardo O'Higgins, Arturo Prat and Fildes Bay. A quarter of the samples of Escherichia coli bacteria carried genes that made an enzyme called ESBL, which can destroy penicillin, cephalosporins and related antibiotics (Applied and Environmental Microbiology, DOI: 10.1128/AEM.07320-11).

[account deactivated]
i have easy access to HIV but no flu, sorry
[account deactivated]
Greek Doctors Battle Invisible Hospital Superbug as Crisis Depletes Budget

Greek doctors are fighting a new invisible foe every day at their hospitals: a pneumonia-causing superbug that most existing antibiotics can’t kill.
The culprit is spreading through health centers already weighed down by a shortage of nurses. The hospital-acquired germ killed as many as half of people with blood cancers infected at Laiko General Hospital, a 500-bed facility in central Athens.

The drug-resistant K. pneumoniae bacteria have a genetic mutation that allows them to evade such powerful drugs as AstraZeneca Plc (AZN)’s Merrem and Johnson & Johnson’s Doribax. A 2010 survey found 49 percent of K. pneumoniae samples in Greece aren’t killed by the antibiotics of last resort, known as carbapenems, according to the European Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Network. Many doctors have even tried colistin, a 50-year-old drug so potent that it can damage kidneys.

“We’re not used to seeing people die of an untreatable infection,” said John Rex, vice president for clinical infection at London-based AstraZeneca, which is developing a new generation of antibiotics. “That’s like something in a novel of 200 years ago.”

The superbug is one among many challenges facing the home of the Hippocratic oath, to "do no harm.” The government, confronting a 14.5 billion-euro ($19.3 billion) bond payment on March 20, is trying to arrange financing to avert a collapse of the economy. Partly as a result, the health system is in crisis, with some life-saving drugs in short supply and hospitals struggling to pay their bills.

Nurse Ratio

Greece has the lowest nurse-to-patient ratio in Europe and one of the highest rates of antibiotic use -- and abuse -- on the continent, hindering the attack on the infection.

Keelpno didn’t provide specific numbers on resistance. Multi-drug resistant infections are more common in very sick patients in intensive care than in regular hospital wards, the agency said. About 25,000 people die each year across Europe from antibiotic-resistant infections, the agency said.

Greece has little extra money to fight the germ or to buy expensive new antibiotics. Greek hospitals ran up so many unpaid bills from 2007 to 2009 that the government agreed in 2010 to issue more than 5 billion euros of non-interest paying bonds to hospital suppliers to cover the debts.

Health-Care Bugs

These are bacteria that are not commonly found in the community; these are health-care bugs,” said Alex Kallen, a medical officer for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a telephone interview. “For people admitted to the hospital, this is a huge issue. They tend to circulate in hospitals and long-term care facilities and places like that. The problem you have is that once you get an infection with one of these, the mortality rates are much higher, and you’re also severely limiting your treatment options.”

The more infected patients are housed together and the fewer nurses there are to treat them, the more easily such bugs can spread, Kallen said.

“If you’re on a ward with five other patients who have this, your risk is higher for developing infection regardless of how healthy you are,” he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/greek-doctors-battle-hospital-superbug.html

[account deactivated]
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/02/pig-mrsa-origin/

this is probably the first hard evidence that antibiotic resistance can be picked up by bugs in CAFOs, which industry has been denying is possible for years. CAFOs are probably going to be the origin of at least one or two really nasty infections in the medium term
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol
dont eat pigs. play harmonica to all pigs.

discipline posted:
Swine eating is probably gonna be the downfall huh, what you think scientist

antibiotic resistant strains are poorly documented in goats and camels

[account deactivated]

littlegreenpills posted:
if you were only permitted to eat one (1) variety of currently available subway sub sandwich from subway for the remainder of your natural lifespan which sub would you choose?

im partial to the italian bmt

[account deactivated]
everything at subway is made out of high fructose corn syrup
what the hell do you consider a bad week?
Robocop
Twelve Monkeys

Blade Runner
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/health-chief-warns-age-of-safe-medicine-is-ending-7574579.html

The world is entering an era where injuries as common as a child's scratched knee could kill, where patients entering hospital gamble with their lives and where routine operations such as a hip replacement become too dangerous to carry out, the head of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned.

There is a global crisis in antibiotics caused by rapidly evolving resistance among microbes responsible for common infections that threaten to turn them into untreatable diseases, said Margaret Chan, director general of the WHO.

Addressing a meeting of infectious disease experts in Copenhagen, she said that every antibiotic ever developed was at risk of becoming useless.

"A post-antibiotic era means, in effect, an end to modern medicine as we know it. Things as common as strep throat or a child's scratched knee could once again kill."

She continued: "Antimicrobial resistance is on the rise in Europe, and elsewhere in the world. We are losing our first-line antimicrobials.

"Replacement treatments are more costly, more toxic, need much longer durations of treatment, and may require treatment in intensive care units.

"For patients infected with some drug-resistant pathogens, mortality has been shown to increase by around 50 per cent.

"Some sophisticated interventions, like hip replacements, organ transplants, cancer chemotherapy, and care of preterm infants, would become far more difficult or even too dangerous to undertake."

Britain has seen a 30 per cent rise in cases of blood poisoning caused by E. coli bacteria between 2005 and 2009, from 18,000 to more than 25,000 cases. Those resistant to antibiotics have risen from 1 per cent at the beginning of the century to 10 per cent.

Dr Chan continued: "In terms of new replacement antibiotics, the pipeline is virtually dry. The cupboard is nearly bare.

"From an industry perspective, why invest considerable sums of money to develop a new antimicrobial when irrational use will accelerate its ineffectiveness before the investment can be recouped?"

She called for measures to tackle the threat by doctors prescribing antibiotics appropriately, patients following their treatment and restrictions on the use of antibiotics in animals.

But she said attention was "still sporadic" and actions "inadequate".

"At a time of multiple calamities in the world, we cannot allow the loss of essential antimicrobials, essential cures for many millions of people, to become the next global crisis," she said.

of course none of the proposed solutions include actually getting back to early 20th century style sterile practice and infection control, that would mean we'd have to clean filthy hospitals and op rooms and doctors wouldnt be allowed to smoke outside in their scrubs between chopjobs anymore!! also lol at the idea that industry isnt coming up with new antibiotics because resistance crops up too quickly, the low hanging fruit have been picked folks, there are no more drugs coming