Military spokesperson for the Al-Qassam Brigades, Abu Ubaida:

- Our fighters continue to confront the Israeli occupation forces on various fronts of Zionist incursion.
- We have destroyed a total of equal to a tank battalion along the advancement routes, in less than 48h
- We successfully maneuvered behind enemy lines and launched an attack from point-blank.
- We executed a counteroffensive this evening in the northwest of Gaza City, where we destroyed 6 tanks and 2 military vehicles, in just 1 hour.
- The number of casualties is significantly higher than what the enemy's leadership has announced.

He also mentioned that the enemy is lying and that the resistance can fight for many years and hold its positions.

A battalion seems to be about 70 tanks. Come by this thread every now and then to gloat as israel collapses. God preserve you all

مرگ بر اسرائیل
nasrallah is making a big speech tomorrow. and the iraqi resistance groups are continuing to strike US bases, and the houthis are firing ballistic missiles at israel. every member of the axis of resistance comes in for a HUGE antizionism
join your comrades in the imperial west and lend your body to rallies and port blockades; palestine will be free in our lifetime

edit: unless you're based enough to be based in MENA in which case, {redacted} mashallah
as usual with anything that happens in the world i have seen people blame Iran or that oriental despot putin as being whats behind this whole thing, as if Hamas couldnt possibly have conceived and executed the far fetched scheme of bypassing a wall by going over, under and through it

Sunday posted:

as usual with anything that happens in the world i have seen people blame Iran or that oriental despot putin as being whats behind this whole thing, as if Hamas couldnt possibly have conceived and executed the far fetched scheme of bypassing a wall by going over, under and through it

one of my midwit workmates said this in response to nasrallah's insistence of hamas' autonomous attack; i calmly asked him if the ceo personally was responsible for the manner in which he delivered his product. "i mean... i see what you mean."

itself an admittedly clunky analogy, but contrary to what some sparts insist, class-conscious vanguard is reality's dictate unto practical marxism. i am finding more success in mobilising muslim workers on that religious/identarian line than on secular humanitarian/mildly sophisticated class-conscious rhetoric.

Edited by damoj ()

The other day when Palestine talk came up at the office my colleague said 'so I heard the US gave nukes to uhhhhhhhhh Islam?'

I try to stay out of that kind of thing
merry death to israel to you all, and a happy death to amerika

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

merry death to israel to you all, and a happy death to amerika

and also with you

swampman posted:

A battalion seems to be about 70 tanks. Come by this thread every now and then to gloat as israel collapses. God preserve you all

they're now up to 160 vehicles, so this has more than doubled in 9 days

is there any significant value to that style of score keeping? i feel like the "# of vehicles destroyed" metric started getting pushed around the height of the ISIS and war in Syria. it certainly has been a significant feature of both side's propaganda in the ukraine-russia war - with the arm chair analysts regularly wading into it with attempts to debunk particular claims or discover hidden troves of destroyed vehicles.

is isreal going to be hampered in any way by the loss of 200 vehicles? is the conflict with ukraine/russia going to be decided by the attrition rate of vehicles? are these numbers even in any way real - "partial destruction" could mean anything?

i'm left feeling like i'm watching propaganda arms brag about their kill/death ratios in a conflict in a way that glosses over loss of human life and means little to the deciding dynamics of the conflicts.

amal saad discussing current hezbollah posture and considerations

solidar posted:

is there any significant value to that style of score keeping? i feel like the "# of vehicles destroyed" metric started getting pushed around the height of the ISIS and war in Syria. it certainly has been a significant feature of both side's propaganda in the ukraine-russia war - with the arm chair analysts regularly wading into it with attempts to debunk particular claims or discover hidden troves of destroyed vehicles.

is isreal going to be hampered in any way by the loss of 200 vehicles? is the conflict with ukraine/russia going to be decided by the attrition rate of vehicles? are these numbers even in any way real - "partial destruction" could mean anything?

i'm left feeling like i'm watching propaganda arms brag about their kill/death ratios in a conflict in a way that glosses over loss of human life and means little to the deciding dynamics of the conflicts.

It's more about the order of magnitude. It's not 1 or 4 vehicles like any partisan fighters could achieve against any army. It raises the question, if AQB can destroy a couple hundred IDF vehicles and push the Iron Dome to the point of exhaustion, how would Israel fare against an actual military?

swampman posted:

how would Israel fare against an actual military?

very carefully

dti dta imho
how's everyone been. i haven't been here in 7 years.

TheIneff posted:

we are only somewhat intact but i haven't heard about bad news about anyone, at least

drwhat posted:

TheIneff posted:

we are only somewhat intact but i haven't heard about bad news about anyone, at least

i've been super away from internet stuff just in generally. i only recently found out about lowtax's death a couple months ago; that's crazy.

hope everyone's been doing well though. i've noticed that communism has gotten a lot more popular lately among the new generation, pretty dope.

repost
repost
long live israel! confused? check the date
Good one! Death to Israel.
death to israel again / more
got let off easy this time
someone should make one of those oldtimey websites called like 'isisraeldeadyet.biz' and when it finally falls they can change it to say yes