tpaine posted:

mudcrabs posted:
my sister's husband is navy and he fucking hates basically everyone else in the navy because they're all bloodthirsty sociopaths. that one unraised hand in the sea of heils

he hasn't deserted so he's heiling man

no if he deserted hed be, i dont know, a spartakist partisan or something

The_Schliski posted:

Myfanwy posted:
Also if you want to apply some class privilege stuff to trooper massacres, think about how jet pilots can slaughter whole herds of innocent children, and they're consoled about the bad intel they were a victim of.

Anecdote, but in junior high there was some video of Vietnam veterans I saw in school or on the History channel anyway, this 105 Thundercheif pilot was sitting on his back yard stoop describing dropping bombs on villages in Vietnam and suddenly he broke down and started sobbing and couldn't finish. It made such an impression on me that it was the primary reason that I did not accept an appointment to the Air Force Academy

Anyway, even the most anonymous of violent destruction has the ability to touch the humanity of horrible monsters, inshallah

That was probably a good decision for your humanity. Air Force Academy types are second only to Naval Academy guys in being fucking dick heads. I have lots of soldi-ar relatives and the academy guys make you realize why people raged so hard against 'old boy networks' when they were the prominent organizing thing.