for someone who portrays themselves as a conservative muslim - a white barbarian reembracing a despotic territoriality and dreaming of a spiritual empire now that our temporal empire has fallen into decadence and is being eaten away by the deterritorialization of capital - tom's cultural tastes are firmly and decidedly liberal postmodern & american in the worst way.
our temporal empire is great.

babyfinland posted:
This passion for wanting to meet the latest poet, shake hands with the latest novelist, get hold of the latest painter, devour ... what is it? What is it they want from a man that they didn't get from his work? What do they expect? What is there left of him when he's done his work? What's any artist, but the dregs of his work? the human shambles that follows it around. What's left of the man when the work's done but a shambles of apology.

That's one of my favorite quotes from the book

aerdil posted:
for someone who portrays themselves as a conservative muslim - a white barbarian reembracing a despotic territoriality and dreaming of a spiritual empire now that our temporal empire has fallen into decadence and is being eaten away by the deterritorialization of capital - tom's cultural tastes are firmly and decidedly liberal postmodern & american in the worst way.

lol i need to get a new PR team "i" "am" "portraying myself" in such a firmly and decidedly liberal postmodern & american in the worst way

lets interrogate each others consumption patterns and accuse each other sniffingly of "liberal cultural taste" lmfao sneak in a vague little orientalist jab at religious "conservatism" why dont you kid
i dont actually know what any of those words mean i just knew if i put them in the right order itd troll u
whenever aerdil writes one of those big dumb posts he makes it strikes me as a young zealous theology student shriekign about heretics because he read some st augustine or whatever last week

aerdil posted:
i dont actually know what any of those words mean i just knew if i put them in the right order itd troll u

u have learned the secret of deleuze i see

[account deactivated]
tonight i made some sliders for my family on rosemary rolls with sides of ginger ale glazed carrots and salt brine boiled fingerling potatos that were sort of like a french fry substitute
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:
tonight i made some sliders for my family on rosemary rolls with sides of ginger ale glazed carrots and salt brine boiled fingerling potatos that were sort of like a french fry substitute

yeah sure you did. what this actually means is you treated them to a slightly more bougeous buffet with the extra money you made blackmaleing user ThirdReichFromTheSun over the pics he sent you in fucking confidence! which you betrayed!

that information was relayed to you over a private IRC channel during a manic episode, and you know it.

[account deactivated]
you know life has been a living hell ever since mom went gluten free and now my diets all fucked up and my blood sugar is all over the map. medically speaking, i NEEDED those steaks. sorry if that inconvenienced you and your little girlfriend
hey tpaine.... have u heard the sad and shocking news that broke today???? paula deen has type 2 diabetes..
correction: 2 types of diabetes
[account deactivated]
turn into soemone like goatstein. that would be like a goddamn fuckign honor, dude. he runs and stuff. you on the other hand, what do you do besides make napoleonic jokes about your genetic superiors? oh yeah. post some videos of cat songs like im not even here in the same forum posting with you. you think i dont get the subtext, well i do and i resent it.
[account deactivated]
whatever
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:
during the cultural revolution, mao was happy that youth were going around smashing stuff but he eventually realized that like some seriously cool artifacts would get smashed up too so he ordered people he trusted to like put banners on landmarks that said maoist slogans because he knew the youth wouldn't tear down the buildings then lol

What's zhou enlai? Chopped liver?

i'd make a good president. vote guidoanselmi in 2020. i'll stitch this nation back together i will.
Im fit + married + mentally healthy + successful. Maybe you should be moar like me
does cindy have an account
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
Goatstein you remind me of this part in "From Hell" where it shows all the sick minds that go into writing those freaky letters to the police. I always think of you as the religious father of four who's wanking it while writing about cutting off some breasts.

sounds hot

Goethestein posted:
Im fit + married + mentally healthy + successful. Maybe you should be moar like me

you are ugly and hate yourself more than you hate other people so i'm not sure why anyone would want to be like you and wallow in utter misery (but not the good kind of hopeless despair, but rather jealousy and spite)

Im not ugly and I don't hate myself. I don't know why you'd think that. Probably socially crippling mental illness, if I had to guess
youre ugly bro sorry to break it to you. check your privilege.
Some people's parents said that people are mean because they are jealous and some kids grew up actually believing that. Curious
goat stein have a large chin
fuck u all

Impper posted:
fuck u all

Impper posted:
fuck u all

Impper posted:
fuck u all

i didnt mean that. give me another chance, plz