The following is a brief introduction to the concept of tawheed, the basis on which all of Islam is based, with supporting quotes and explanations. Careful analysis of tawheed will address many of the problems that atheists seem to have with understanding Islam. Understanding tawhid also, in my opinion, will shed light on many of the problems that you guys have with Christianity, the holes in which are glaring. You will see that these are not problems with religion in general but with the particular one you have been exposed to.

To start I will provide a basic description of tawheed and will illustrate the first component of tawheed, Tawheed ar-Ruboobeeyah.

Tawheed - Etymology and Importance
Literally tawheed means “unification” (making something one) or “asserting oneness,” and it comes from the Arabic verb (wahhada) which itself means to unite, unify, or consolidate. However, when the term tawheed is used in reference to Allaah (i.e. tawheedullaah), it means realizing and affirming Allaah’s unity in all of man’s actions which directly or indirectly relate to Him.It is the belief that Allaah’s One, without partner in His dominion (ruboobeeyah), One without similitude in His essence and attributes (asmaa was sifaat), and One without rival in His divinity and in worship (ulooheeyah ‘ibaadah). These three aspects form the basis for the categories into which the science of tawheed has been traditionally divided. The three overlap and are inseparable to such a degree that whoever omits any one aspect has failed to complete the requirements of tawheed. The omission of any of the above mentioned aspects of tawheed is referred to as shirk (which literally means “sharing” but here signifies) the association of partners withAllaah. In Islamic terms this association is in fact idolatry.

Because of this principle of tawheed, the Islamic belief in God is uniquely unitarian and Islaam is counted among the world’s monotheistic religions along with Judaism and Christianity. However, according to the Islamic unitarian concept (tawheed), Christianity is classified as polytheism and Judaism is considered to be a subtle form of idolatry.

The division of tawheed into its components was not done by the Prophet (pbuh) nor by his companions, as there was no necessity to analyze such a basic principle of faith in this fashion. However, the foundations of the components are all implied in the verses of the Qur’aan and in the explanatory statements of the Prophet (pbuh) and his companions.

The necessity for this analytical approach to the principle of tawheed arose after Islaam spread into Egypt, Byzantium, Persia and India and absorbed the cultures of these regions. It is only natural to expect that when the peoples of these lands entered the fold of Islaam, they would carry with them some of the remnants of their former beliefs. When some of these new converts began to express, in writings and discussion, their various philosophical concepts of God, confusion arose in which the pure and simple unitarian belief of Islaam became threatened. There were also others who had outwardly accepted Islaam but secretly worked to destroy the religion from within, due to their inability to oppose it militarily. This group began to actively propagate distorted ideas about Allaah among the masses in order to tear down the first pillar of eemaan (faith) and with it Islaam istself.

Tawheed ar-Ruboobeeyah (Maintaining the Unity of Lordship):
“La hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.” (There is no movement nor power except by Allaah’s will).

This category is based on the fundamental concept that Allaah alone caused all things to exist when there was nothing; He sustains and maintains creation without any need from it or for it; and He is the sole Lord of the universe and its inhabitants without any real challenge to His sovereignty.

“Allaah created all things and He is the agent on which all things depend.” - Soorah az-Zumar, (39):62.

“And no calamity strikes except by Allaah’s permission.” - Soorah at-Taghaabun, (64):11.

The Prophet (pbuh) further elaborated on this concept saying, “Be aware that if the whole of mankind gathered together in order to do something to help, they would only be able to do something for you which Allaah had already written for you. Likewise, if the whole of mankind gathered together to harm you, they would only be able to do something to harm you which Allaah and already written would
happen to you.”
- Reported by Ibn ‘Abbaas and collected by at-Tirmithee.

“O Believers! Surely there is in your wives and children an enemy for you, so beware of them.” - Soorah at-Taghaabu, (64):14.

That is, within the good things of this life there are severe tests of one’s faith in God. Likewise, in the terrible events of life there lies test as is mentioned in the verse,

“Surely We will test you with fear, hunger, loss of wealth and life and the fruits of your work, so give glad tidings to those who are patient.” - Soorah al-Baqarah, (2):155.

Sometimes the patterns are recognizable, as in the case of cause and effect relationship, and sometimes they are not, as in the case when apparently good results come from evil means, or bad results from good means. God has explained that the wisdom behind these apparent irregularities is often beyond man’s immediate comprehension due to his limited scope of knowledge:

“It is possible that you dislike something that is really good for you, or like something bad for you, but Allaah knows (what is best for you), and you do not.” - Soorah al-Baqarah, (2):216.

Apparently evil events in human lives sometimes turn out to be for the best, and apparently good things which people desire turn out to be harmful. Consequently, man’s realm of influence in the course of events which make up his life is limited to mental choices between options presented to him. The ultimate results of these choices, however are not under his control. In other words, “Man proposes and God disposes.”

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

lol wahhabi

…”Belief in Allah” also entails knowing that he has no co-sharer in any of His attributes. For example, the divine attribute of Wujud or Being belongs to Him alone. Nothing is, besides Allah and His attributes and His actions and His rulings. This is what us meant by the Sufi term Wahdat al-Wujud or Oneness of Being. It should be understood, not only to enlighten ignorant critics, but because it is the metaphysical counterpart of ma’rifa or knowledge of Allah that is a prime emphasis of the Shadhili tariqa.

Oneness of Being does not mean that the created universe is God, for God’s Being is necessary (wajid al-wujud) while the universe’s being is merely possible (ja’iz al-wujud), that is, subject to nonbeing, beginning, and ending, and it is impossible that one of these two orders of being could in an sense be the other; but rather, the created universe’s act of being is derived from and subsumed by the divine act of creation, from which it has no ontic independence, and hence is only through the being of its Creator, the one true Being.

So Wahdat al-Wujud or Oneness of Being entails that nothing exists except Allah, His attributes, His actions, and His rulings, while created being, as manifest to us, cannot be identified with His entity or attributes but only with His actions and rulings: the world, as it were, is pure act, while Allah is pure Being. In short, our metaphysic is not pantheism, because the world is not Allah. Spinoza’s definition in the Ethica of God as “simple substance” (pantheism properly speaking), has nothing to do with the experience of those who possess ma’rifa. Rather, the world’s existence is through Allah, in Arabic bi Llah, the point under the Arabic letter ba’ being both a point of ontic connection ad a point of demarcation.

yeah its just tweaked versions of the paradox of predestination and appeals from ignorance

thx u rly annihilated that veil before my eyes
nigga you dont even understand voltaire man thats shit kids read in 10th grade how you gonna talk about the 'paradox of predestination'

aerdil posted:
yeah its just tweaked versions of the paradox of predestination and appeals from ignorance

thx u rly annihilated that veil before my eyes

Making judgement about tawheed when you have only read about one of it's characteristics is intellectually dishonest and an argument from ignorance.

i have 0 problems with christianity
IF you can fuck your fuck when all afuck you
Are fucking theirs and fucking it on fuck,
If you can fuck yourself when all men fuck you,
But fuck afuckance for their fucking fuck;
If you can fuck and not be fucked by fucking,
Or being fucked about, don't fuck in fucks,
Or fucking fucked, don't give fuck to fucking,
And yet don't fuck too good, nor fuck too fuck:
If you can fuck - and not make fucks your master;
If you can fuck - and not make fucks your aim;
If you can meet with fuck and fuckaster
And fuck those two imfucksters fuck the same;
If you can fuck to fuck the fuck you've fucken
fucked by fucks to fuck a fuck for fucks,
Or fuck the fucks you fuck your fuck to, fucken,
And fuck and fuck 'em up with fucked-out fucks
'Nuff said.
The white paint of the ceiling flaked heavily about the corner, as if racing the peeling sky blue wallpaper to score with the scuffed but once classy wooden floor. The clammy grey light oozing through the thin white curtains did much to visualise the taste in his mouth.
He drew from the cold air and sighed, though it was more a moan, at least it ended as such, and he winced with the light. A weight beside him pulled at the mattress, and it was warm.
This was my first proper interview for my first ever film, a film of my own. It wasn't some advertisement for some cosmetic product, nor under the scrutiny of some producer, or client; this film was mine. I had spent a lot of money on it already; just the flights from Sydney to here, with the equipment, had hit me like a bull.
ive been trying to write poetry, because i hate myself and i want to suffer
im probably going to put something together for the undergrad student journal again.
from now on all my posts will be in blank verse
write some cool stuff for us. i wrote a book of poetry but probably i'll never show it to anyone
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:
write some cool stuff for us. i wrote a book of poetry but probably i'll never show it to anyone

everything i've done so far has been utter shit, the words refuse to do what i want them to, i want some amphetamines

this weekend i took a lot of coke and went to a party and i was chattin up this girl but completely failed to go home with her, probably because as later inspection revealed i had a big white circle around one nostril and looked like a freakish drug-addled monster, which is precisely what i am. kEnLyFe

For example, if a wonderworker wants to build a mighty palace, he first of all sets the foundations in a wise and regular fashion, and plans them in a way suitable to their future purpose and results. Then he skilfully divides them into sections and apartments. Next, he orders and arranges the apartments, and decorates them with tapestries, then illuminates them with electric lights. Then, in order to renew his ingenious works and favours in that magnificent and adorned palace, he makes fresh creations and new changes and transformations in every level of it. And then he installs a telephone in each apartment connected to his own abode, and opens up a window from each, so that his may be seen.

In just the same way, And God's is the highest similitude,2 the Peerless Creator, Who is named with a thousand and one sacred Names such as All-Glorious Maker, All-Wise Sovereign, All-Just Arbiter, willed the creation of the palace of the universe and tree of the cosmos, which forms the macrocosm. He set the foundations of the palace, the tree in six days through the principles of wisdom and laws of His pre-eternal knowledge, then He divided and formed it into the higher and lower levels and branches through the principles of Divine Determining and Decree. Next, He adorned everything, each world in an appropriate manner, like the heavens with the stars and the earth with flowers. Then He manifested and made luminous His Names within the arena of those universal laws and general principles. And then in a special way sent to the assistance of individuals crying out at the constraint of those universal laws His Names of Most Merciful and All-Compassionate. That is to say, within those universal and general principles He has special favours, special succour, special manifestations, so that everything may seek help from Him and look to Him at every time for every need. Then from every apartment, every level, every world, every realm of being, every individual, from everything, He opened up windows which would show Himself, that is, make known His existence and Unity. He left a telephone in every heart.

If we look, we see that all things and especially living creatures have numerous different needs and numerous different wants. And those wants and needs are given them at the appropriate time, in unexpected ways, from places they do not know and their hands cannot reach; succour comes to them. But the power of these needy beings is not sufficient for even the smallest of those endless things they wish for; they cannot meet their needs. Consider yourself. Of how many things are you in need that your hands cannot reach, like your external and inner senses and their needs? Compare all other living creatures with yourself. See, just as singly they testify to the Necessary Existence and indicate to His Unity, so too in their totality do they show to the reason a Necessarily Existent One behind the veil of the Unseen, a Single One of Unity, among titles of Most Generous, All-Compassionate, Nurturer, and Disposer.

And so, O ignorant unbeliever and dissolute heedless one! With what can you explain this wise, percipient, compassionate activity? Deaf Nature? Blind force? Senseless chance? Can you explain it through impotent, lifeless causes?

Edited by babyfinland ()

ok here's a poem i wrote today. i still need to sort out some of the meter i think..... also its, like, really bad. its about waking up w/ a headache after a totally wild party.

The weary movement of hoary spheres
That spin forever on pointless paths
Counting out days and months and years

Reveals:

A room clogged with points of dust
Darting about in the sun’s first beams
They collide with each other in rage and lust

Only the dust is still dancing.

Empty beer bottles stand here and there
Like the haughty towers of a fortress town
Long since fallen, and in disrepair

Now the owls have made it their home.

An ashtray bristles with cigarette butts
Like broken spears in the desert sand
A thousand soldiers had their throats cut

Only the wind can remember their names.

A ten-dollar bill lies tightly curled
Like the scroll of some eternal Law
Too just and simple for this world

The parchment rots away.

Clothes, scattered like cyclopean stones
Of a temple built on a sacred spring
Now choked with vines and overgrown

The gods of the forest reclaimed it.

Beside me, her body rises and falls
Like the surging of the immortal tides
Lapping against the harbour walls

Wearing away the masonry.

Her skin, that last night was smooth and pale
Now dotted with scars and pimples and moles
Like barnacles on the back of a whale

Her song’s a sad one. It has no words.

The past is dead
All we have are its relics.

The past is dead
In the dead past we can live forever.
nice sex poem sexhaver
one day i hope to transcend words altogether and make poetry entirely out of dick pics
ISLAM ON DEMAND .com
i demand ken stop posting pointless stories about his social life
i demand ken take a;l;l the speed and then do gratitiuous speedposting for seventy two continuous hours. i demand it so hard i used the subjunctive voice. subjunctive. im begging you here

deadken posted:
this weekend i took a lot of coke and went to a party and i was chattin up this girl but completely failed to go home with her, probably because as later inspection revealed i had a big white circle around one nostril and looked like a freakish drug-addled monster, which is precisely what i am. kEnLyFe

lOl kEnLyFe

man, your problem is she wasnt doing coke with you. we should do speed together one day tho

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
ok here's a poem i wrote today. i still need to sort out some of the meter i think..... also its, like, really bad. its about waking up w/ a headache after a totally wild party.

The weary movement of hoary spheres
That spin forever on pointless paths
Counting out days and months and years

Reveals:

A room clogged with points of dust
Darting about in the sun’s first beams
They collide with each other in rage and lust

Only the dust is still dancing.

Empty beer bottles stand here and there
Like the haughty towers of a fortress town
Long since fallen, and in disrepair

Now the owls have made it their home.

An ashtray bristles with cigarette butts
Like broken spears in the desert sand
A thousand soldiers had their throats cut

Only the wind can remember their names.

A ten-dollar bill lies tightly curled
Like the scroll of some eternal Law
Too just and simple for this world

The parchment rots away.

Clothes, scattered like cyclopean stones
Of a temple built on a sacred spring
Now choked with vines and overgrown

The gods of the forest reclaimed it.

Beside me, her body rises and falls
Like the surging of the immortal tides
Lapping against the harbour walls

Wearing away the masonry.

Her skin, that last night was smooth and pale
Now dotted with scars and pimples and moles
Like barnacles on the back of a whale

Her song’s a sad one. It has no words.

The past is dead
All we have are its relics.

The past is dead
In the dead past we can live forever.

thats pretty cool imho, which is all u can really say about poetry, i guess. the cigarette butts was funny

babyfinland posted:
And then he installs a telephone in each apartment connected to his own abode, and opens up a window from each, so that his may be seen.

lol what is this from

welcome to my place. there is a telephone in every room from which you can call me, the guy who built this place. there is no other guy who built this place so you can only call me. do not attempt to call anyone else, that is shirk

shennong posted:

babyfinland posted:
And then he installs a telephone in each apartment connected to his own abode, and opens up a window from each, so that his may be seen.

lol what is this from

http://www.saidnur.com/

i'm reading this http://www.saidnur.com/foreign/en/risaleler/words/words.htm

its great

tpaine posted:

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

lOl kEnLyFe

man, your problem is she wasnt doing coke with you. we should do speed together one day tho

don't do it keen it's a trap! john wants to do a rape on you!!

its not rape if i want it

Groulxsmith posted:
i demand ken stop posting pointless stories about his social life

tough shit

Impper posted:
[man, your problem is she wasnt doing coke with you. we should do speed together one day tho

ucla students dont really do drugs all that much. it sucks! i go one CokeBro but he gets really sketched out about doing it in view of other people.... i do kinda want to go to chicago before i leave america land but i have no money.... we;ll see

how can a place that is so socially liberal be so damn boring. what a cesspool of boring and awful white people

also impper reminder about that one thing or whatever you said