ewww ^^ lol. i am listening to the unseen guest, they are nice
i thought it was just a meme a month ago but i just found out this dude is unironically good

Edited by marlax78 ()

this music makes me want to punch someone in the face

e: i think this is like the most concentrated misogyny i've ever heard in rap too. fuck, he's got good flow doe

Edited by marlax78 ()

i put bricks on a bitch,
30 xans of her tits,
ride my dick like a bike,
tpaine was right.
yes i am still unironically listening to witch house in 2017, except its all russian now

xxxtentacion is bad sorry

colddays posted:

xxxtentacion is bad sorry

you like any rappers from the south?

a radio station over here had a classics 1000 countdown a few weeks ago which im relistening now and i forgot that Rumours is such a good fucking album goddamn

belgend posted:

and i forgot that Rumours is such a good fucking album goddamn

how...how could you

marlax78 posted:

Killer Mike is pretty good I guess

let the records indicate that colddays is only capable of naming one rapper from the south that he likes, and he is only "pretty good i guess". i rest my case.

Edited by marlax78 ()

[account deactivated]

colddays posted:

marlax78 posted:

Killer Mike is pretty good I guess

couldnt you at least say migos? everyone likes migos. i mean come on

Killer mike is the corniest possible answer to that question lol
the only rap music worth listening to is from the south or the bay area
dont pretend kendrick isnt worth listening to mate. thats just silly
[account deactivated]
*loud clang echos thoroughout the forum* looks like the 'zzone rap trap has claimed another victim, rip

Petrol posted:

dont pretend kendrick isnt worth listening to mate. thats just silly

kendrick is fine but he often lapses into an overwrought one note self seriousness which isn't that much more nuanced than battle rappers or Eminem or whatever. i also think Damn fell into the ambitious major label "event album" format where every song is either just a functional vehicle for delivering virtuosity & memeable lines, or something that works as an r&b song. i'd probably rather listen to section.80 than anything he has put out in the last few years. or just Cartoons & Cereal for the millionth time

that was a long winded way to say "you're right petrol, even though his body of work is inconsistent, kendrick is the greatest rapper of his generation"
i don't think he's even the best rapper in tde
well. you know what they say. opinions are like arseholes
gotta agree with blink.. he's good but wildly overrated. personally i can't stand that late era eminem angry muppet flow he keeps returning to since doing control.
*thinking*

solzhesnitchin posted:

gotta agree with blink.. he's good but wildly overrated. personally i can't stand that late era eminem angry muppet flow he keeps returning to since doing control.

all these southern rap posts and not one single mention of outkast?
that's like being annoyed at people discussing classical music for not just talking about Beethoven and mozart
charlemagne recently wrote something about how kendrick would be a lot better if he had a production crew like organized noize to work with. i agree and can't help but compare the kendrick stuff that gets heralded as timeless classic material to songs like liberation. it's just not even close

blinkandwheeze posted:

the only rap music worth listening to is from the south or the bay area

detroit?

I agree that Killer Mike is pretty corny. Of course I also like all of the rappers that were mentioned afterwards, I just never thought of them as southern rappers I guess? Obviously I'm not a rap scholar or anything like that, but you don't have to be to know that xxxtentacion is bad!
[account deactivated]
think i tried posting this track previously but picked the wrong video. please enjoy one of the best tunes i've come across since getting into 60s japanese music

candlemass is sick
knee deep in the meme music found this gem