babyhueypnewton posted:
season 2 is good obv but the greeks subplot is probably the weakest when it comes to the overall themes of the show. in a show where self-perpetuating systems are the only thing keeping order in a decaying society, it's weird to have random mastermind foreign dudes be the secret cause of everything going on.

lol youve clearly never been shooting moves

babyfinland posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

cleanhands posted:
before i wwatch this can someone confirm whether this is the same reactionary apologetics as living in the end times, or is it a new and exciting reactionary apologetics, tia

aren't you in love with richard seymour?

that SLUT

banned, for slut shaming

yeah that one REALLY WEIRD part where the guy from a powerful international criminal organization manipulates the criminal goings-on in a run of the mill american city
[account deactivated]
and hes from the eastern mediterranean..

tpaine posted:

slim charles rules because in this scene he's the first guy to bargain with omar even before joe

also can anyone tell me what omar says at 3:24, it sounds like "say, 'how's sasha chicken,' joe" but joe doesn't say "how's sasha chicken", he just hands omar a clock??? what is this i don'[t evne

its tickin i think

[account deactivated]
s-say, how she tickin', joe??
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
what does bubbles say here?

oh my fuck boys its a [INAUDIBLE]

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I liked the Wir ebefore it got popular and white people started talking about it feh

tpaine posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
the wire is one of those things that despite being fairly old if someone just starts watching it they feel comfortable talking about it as if they've unearthed some gem

deadwood was better too

haha aren't you goldsmith

i told aberaham that you thought the wire was a stereotypical cop show once and he permabbanned you for it i think lol

lol

babyhueypnewton posted:
season 2 is good obv but the greeks subplot is probably the weakest when it comes to the overall themes of the show. in a show where self-perpetuating systems are the only thing keeping order in a decaying society, it's weird to have random mastermind foreign dudes be the secret cause of everything going on.

unless...

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
season 2 had the best tits
[account deactivated]

blinkandwheeze posted:

cleanhands posted:
before i wwatch this can someone confirm whether this is the same reactionary apologetics as living in the end times, or is it a new and exciting reactionary apologetics, tia

aren't you in love with richard seymour?

its an abusive relationship where i give him all my love and trust and he hurts me with his bad writing, but yes

getfiscal posted:
also better than the wire: not watching television, like an adult.

actually, watching television is overwhelmingly the most common and popular leisure activity for both adults and kids of all ages.

Lessons posted:

getfiscal posted:
also better than the wire: not watching television, like an adult.

actually, watching television is overwhelmingly the most common and popular leisure activity for both adults and kids of all ages.

please do not speak to me about what the masses do, it is unappealing

babyhueypnewton posted:

I think they're shown because they want to express the honesty of corruption and manipulation in the underworld. These guys supply the drugs and the girls, they do their manipulations, people below them squabble and are arrested, but their business just rolls on.

While the bankers and politicians who worked together to achieve deindustrialization, outsourcing and so on are invisible because they don't take responsibility for what they've done, and pretend that their actions are reasonable, rational, and good. They work as a mass. rather than the honest labor of criminal enterprises that at least provide a product and sell it. Their demolition of the city is bottom up, ruining one life, taking apart one building with bubbles style scrap work, rather than going from the top down by demolishing the port and ignoring attempts to save it

lol at the end zizek saying he didnt even watched the show

and q&a is cool at the end when some dude screams at what a fuckup zizek is
gotta love that q&a