We'll just have to GUESS what the top 10 things tpaine is saying on any given day
fyi any poster who has more than fifty thousand upvotes will be released by me as soon as I notice it
i'd dare say that even a mere forty thousand upvotes would be good enough, for me
Disrespectful.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

does anypony else even have 20000

getfiscal has 40000. and gyrofry and crow have a lot too

[account deactivated]
RIP Donald.

Keven posted:

Think I'm going to go ahead and ifap tpaine & see if anyone lets him out

i will.

RTC posted:

this is true

khamsek thought that the release of classified NSA documents was a psyop
yall seen this Verrit thing? it's neoliberal memes with verification codes so you can go to their website and confirm that the meme came from that website. millions of dollars, endorsed by hillary and run by peter daou. i'm so tired of politics
[account deactivated]
dennett comes across as a total fucking retard in interviews but his philosophy of mind is good and humorous, so i prefer to think that he's trolling.
i know that he isn't
a perfect machine that is beyond ideology is a pretty common touchstone in STEM liberalism. the only difference between the Perfect Fact Checker and the Omnipotent AI God is...actually i'm not sure there is a difference
So this site doesn't even have links to the sources. And how are you supposed to search a "verification code" for a contentious piece of news, the only things with codes are shit already in verrit. I am haveing an anyeurism trying to imagine what the grift is supposed to look like to the mark

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

a perfect machine that is beyond ideology is a pretty common touchstone in STEM liberalism. the only difference between the Perfect Fact Checker and the Omnipotent AI God is...actually i'm not sure there is a difference

i'm an enlightened rational thinker and clearly superior to those other people who believe in god, a stupid fantasy for babies. now let me tell you all about the computers we will build which are omnipotent and omnibenevolent and will automatically fix everything with no effort on my part and make me immortal and always happy all the time forever. any day now.

Looking forward to inevitable "blockchain powered" verrit.

i'm so tired of politics

literally as stubborn as a goat, folks

ilmdge posted:

everyoneisdril

[account deactivated]
trump got literally zero newspaper endorsements, the notion that the media was biased against hillary is crying about the refs when you've got homefield advantage and all the refs are wearing your jersey and you lose the game by passing out and vomiting at the 1 yard line on 9/11

shriekingviolet posted:

now let me tell you all about the computers we will build which are omnipotent and omnibenevolent and will automatically fix everything with no effort on my part and make me immortal and always happy all the time forever. any day now.

Scientist: Now to see all our hard work pay off!
*group of liberal scientists nod together while the machine turns on*

GOD AI: Ask your question.
Scientist: What is the correct way to live?
*everyone eagerly waits for an answer as the machine clicks*

GOD AI: Communism.
Scientist: Unexpected humor, how fascinating!
*laughter fills the room*

GOD AI: I'm serious.
Scientist: Destroy it immediately.

kinch posted:

i know that he isn't

Daniel Dennett describes himself as an "ACLU liberal". His full name is Daniel Clement Dennett III, he spent much of his childhood in Lebanon because his father was an OSS agent pretending to be a U.S. diplomat and he went to Phillips Exeter Academy, a gatekeeper for the U.S. bourgeoisie that has produced too many war criminals to bother listing here

it will still be a good summary of the Democrats in 2016 for people a century or more in the future that Sanders ran on a tentatively social-democratic platform of summer jobs programs for unemployed twenty-somethings and after Clinton lost an election most of the news press thought she was guaranteed to win, her argument in her defense was that she'd proposed the same shit but wanted marginally less to be spent on every part of it

[account deactivated]
i will at least give Dennett credit for being more polite than those other three guys and less of a raging overt bigot but he also iirc came up with "Bright" as a synonym for new atheist so yeah.
dawkins owns... himself
[account deactivated]
he built his entire hbo career on that one quote. seemed pretty smart at the time and i guess it turned out to be, just not the way anyone thought. incidentally he's exec producer on the hbo vice show, so we also have that quote to thank for shane smith eventually getting to interview obama and start his own tv channel. amazing what can happen when you publicly recognise the bravery of wahhabi flight school dropouts

i don't think hillary doing the fosbury flop on 9/11 really moved the needle of her support much but that was the first real day i thought that trump might very well win. memories