tpaine posted:

Crow posted:

Yeah you'd have to cite a bunch of paranoid conspiracy-ravings to be able to argue your point, so what?

lmao i forgot about that part of the show

actually i forgot about all parts of that show

babyfinland posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
http://thefivefoldpath.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/i-fucked-up/

thats mr gone btw

hes goofy but hes a good person imo

holy shit, really? mr. gone? damn son, he still kicking??

i remember reading that ages ago and just sort of doing a double take but that guy being mr gone explains so much. i agree that mr. gone is a good person, but hes also super impressionable + insecure + has a WIS score of like 6 (-2 to will saves).

that he'd melt down over something like that and not be able to deal with his role as an "ally" in a non-insecure way isnt very suprising.

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
what is a WIS score?

wisdom. its the prime stat for clerics and druids.without it they cant cast spells. a lil nerdery for ya. :smugbean:

what i basically meant to get across here is that while mr gone might be pretty smart in some ways, his emotional maturity is really questionable and he sort of gets into these situations where he first goes in 110% to become the bestest most Ideologically Correct Feminist Ally and then later melts down because he made a mistake somewhere and has to write a longass carepost to sort of reconcile himself with some random tweet. theres no... moderation, hes a kind of an emotional all or nothing sort of guy.

dont get me wrong though, i like the dude, even though im p. sure he still bears an internet grudge from old lf when he was asked to play a videogame and he said "NO I STOPPED PLAYING AND BROKE ALL MY DISCS THEYRE FOR CHILDREN AND IM A SERIOUS ADULT NOW" and i made fun of him for it.

Edited by Tinkzorg ()

I fuckin love mr. gone, he's the quintessential self-flagellating liberal
mr gone is earnestly trying to be moral but he has accepted some principles which will make that impossible and is hanging around people for whom morality is just a joke. that he is a white cismale must make it absolutely intolerable, according to the rules of leftism he should never open his mouth in any circumstance and can always be beaten down purely on the basis of privilege. what a tragic existence
[account deactivated]
i don't see anything wrong with owning up to making a giant mistake, (in this case, telling a woman to kill herself because shouldn't agree with you that you have to be a vegan to be a worthwhile feminist), and he also does a good job working through the issues in his point-counterpoint session at the end. maybe he's too emotionally invested in these discussions, i can't really tell from that article, but in any case i'm very hesitant to psychoanalyze someone for getting worked up over a personal-political struggle. i do that myself sometimes and i'm suspicious of people who don't.
w/r/t mr.gone he just takes a lot of things too seriously and cant do anything in moderation. he stopped posting in LF because getting pegged by his new anarcho-feminist girlfriend showed him the light and convinced him of the pure folly that is Posting. until he started posting again. and so on.

i dont think Care is a bad thing, but i think he takes it to an unecessary and somewhat overblown level. i think his point counterpoint methodology there is great, though.
[account deactivated]
i'm sure he gets that and is trying to work on it.

"To engage in bullshit Twitter antics instead of struggling to further the correct ideology. This is a twelfth type."
it was kinda creepy how mr.gone obviously wanted people to think he was black

discipline posted:
it's a dick move sure but "giant mistake" is like... dropping a piano on a toddler or something

it's enough of a mistake to justify, if not require, write out some words to organize your thoughts, and perhaps even posting them on a blog if you're so inclined

[account deactivated]
who the fuck is mr gone?
well he aint here no more

Impper posted:
who the fuck is mr gone?

HAHAH NOOB NOOOOB *bangs pots and pans* NOOOOOOOB

Hawking_Radiation posted:

Impper posted:
who the fuck is mr gone?

HAHAH NOOB NOOOOB *bangs pots and pans* NOOOOOOOB

hello maggotmaster, fancy meeting u here

who knew through the concrete a flower could grow?
Mr gone
[account deactivated]