are you guys watching this victory speech. the vacuity emanating from the podium juxtaposed with the cheering thousands makes me want to cry myself to sleep litterly. oh my god. oh my god. this is not goo d for my clinical depression : (
[account deactivated]
nah i dont watc h that kinda bullshit
why I eyes ya
count down till Obama taxes the shit outta them millionaires and jails all the bankers!

It's gonna happen this time! D&D said so

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

are you guys watching this victory speech. the vacuity emanating from the podium juxtaposed with the cheering thousands makes me want to cry myself to sleep litterly. oh my god. oh my god. this is not goo d for my clinical depression : (

i thought it was good.......America's idiotic optimism is inspirational

Edited by tentativelurkeraccount ()

look there's a bigger issue here than whatever happened with whatever election we're talking about. my wife just asked me if i saw some speech that this obama bloke gave and when I said no she said I should because it was really good and filled her with love for america. what do I do rhizzone this is serious.
sever
For those who say tax the rich, tax the rich:
If you tax the rich huge amounts they can decide "Oh well I (and my children and grandchildren possibly) can live life perfectly comfortable with what I have" and decide they aren't going to work. They are taxed on income yes? Think about if Bill Gates or another person who owns a big time company (say the owners of Walmart or Krogers) decides they aren't going to work because now it's not worth it to them. How many people have just lost jobs because companies just shutdown?

Lykourgos posted:

look there's a bigger issue here than whatever happened with whatever election we're talking about. my wife just asked me if i saw some speech that this obama bloke gave and when I said no she said I should because it was really good and filled her with love for america. what do I do rhizzone this is serious.

crush her into oblivion with facts

america the myth is a feel-good rousing tale

Edited by diamond_galas ()

lol

Mitt Romney's campaign staff got a rude surprise after their candidate lost on Tuesday night. Campaign workers found that all the credit cards issued by Romney/Ryan 2012 campaign were canceled as soon Romney finished his concession speech.

This fiscally conservative decision left some workers stranded while trying to make it back home.

NBC’s First Read blog reports:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself. Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

According to Forbes magazine, this is not normal for campaigns to do:

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid.

Edited by Crow ()

[account deactivated]
well great now that thumbnail pic of some fat racist lady is going to haunt my nightmares tonight. this is why stalin's purge was wholly justified, he just should have killed more unattractive people too
[account deactivated]
real reason i moved to san francisco btw

"any person who is diseased, maimed, mutilated, or in any way deformed so as to be an unsightly or disgusting object, or an improper person to be allowed in or on the streets, highways, thoroughfares or public places in the City or County of San Francisco” was not allowed to “expose himself or herself to public view” or would “be deemed guilty of a misdemeanour; and…punished by a fine…or by imprisonment in the county jail.”
[account deactivated]
no way paineroni, mitt seems way too nice for such vulgarity. his trips in the family truckster were much more reminiscent of the irreverent adventures of the griswolds
that quote is actually a translation of the original Deseretesse, to anglo ears it's all "fiddlewinks!!" and "OH YARNBALLS" but to the native ear it was shocking as all get out