I decide to help my fellow scientist
mods change my name to le chronic gingivitis
commendable parable, male sibling
one time in freshman year of high school a kid spit on my glasses and threw them across the room after i made a your mom joke, i never really got over that heinous oppression of original and witty comedy
i never knew getting your ass kicked in school and bleeding like a nerd could be so noble and brave. i enjoyed the comic.
why is it relevant to say shes black

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

conveying a narrative means painting a picture of people, i think it's fair enough

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

conveying a narrative means painting a picture of people, i think it's fair enough

but it already has pictures

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

but it already has pictures

but the girl isn't black in the pictures

what so if she looked like a gollywog that would be accurate but this way...

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

what so if she looked like a gollywog that would be accurate but this way...

get over it dude it's 2012, black people are allowed to exist in media these days without it being this big deal, ther'es a black president for god's sake

chronic gingivitis
your just trying to cover up your belief that white is the default admit it

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

your just trying to cover up your belief that white is the default admit it

*SHANK3Neuropathy watching Deep Impact*

"raagh why did they have to specify the president as black!"

you're just racesplaining away the faithshaming of this comic and it's not. fucking. cool
i wouldnt have said that b/c i dont accept that the default is white and the ostensible 'protagonist' in this comic has unexamined privilege w/r/t his interactions with pocs women and teeth

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

the ostensible 'protagonist' in this comic has unexamined privilege w/r/t his interactions with pocs women and teeth

Oh No! let's throw him under the bus then!

It's people like you who have destroyed literary criticism and to a lesser extent literature itself

im ok with that

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

im ok with that

Wouldn’t you rather build something up than tear it down?

How can you feel pride in discounting or discrediting author’s based on the fact they didn’t tick a box in your PC-approved checklist of “acceptability”

What a ludicrous way to study art

Atheists are baby idiots!loser dorks who suck. Suck Failure.
if your expending all this energy to defend a thing created by something called a 'RageGenerator' then i dont think we will be able to have a productive discourse on aesthetics

e: i meant to say 'created with' i dont want to deny the agency of the author no matter how dismal his output

Edited by SHANK3Neuropathy ()

[account deactivated]
your getting trolled shank

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

if your expending all this energy to defend a thing created by something called a 'RageGenerator' then i dont think we will be able to have a productive discourse on aesthetics

e: i meant to say 'created with' i dont want to deny the agency of the author no matter how dismal his output

defence is easier than attack, defence is natural, entropic even.......why did you start making heavily racialized comments against the composition of the cast? You remind me of fans of Community who are lke "I love all the characters!....except Shirley"....too black and Christian for you? Go back to 1950!

jools posted:

your getting trolled shank

teh real troll is that iwc has never been a troll "whoa" "whaa?"

defence is easier than attack, defence is natural, entropic even.......why did you start making heavily racialized comments against the composition of the cast? You remind me of fans of Community who are lke "I love all the characters!....except Shirley"....too black and Christian for you? Go back to 1950!

i much prefer 'girls' in general its nice to have a true female perspective in the mainstream media for once but my viewing habits are not whats in question here

and i wasnt the one who introduced race if you do that you should expect to get called on it since its hardly relevant to his poor dental hygiene and without that there would be no blood and no compelling interest in this vignette

doctor dre - le chronic
because white people talk like this and black people talk like that
wow. epic aufklarer epistemology.... there are plenty of knowledge-paradigms that don't require the questioning of established principles.... Cripes. lol but looks like the rhizzone is more 'concerned' about the 'depiction' of 'black' people in 'rage comics.' way2go
rhizzone reaches grundlesworthian levels of cognitive dissonance. news at 11.
a martyr for a true cause.