Crow posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

getfiscal posted:

one thing that's pretty noticeable to me is how bad coverage is of quebec politics in english media. like the CBC will post news stories about major quebec political events and they will obviously be written by interns who don't even speak french. the stories will spell the names of the groups involved wrong. when canadian papers run stories about quebec they almost always skew towards minor views promoted by the anglophone right in the province.

i watched a cbc program where they had a panel commenting on the potential economic fallout of the provincial election. everyone agreed it would be a disaster. that's because there was no representative from the broad quebecois left (which won 40% of the vote and now holds power).

One thing that's pretty noticeable to me is how bad coverage is of Israeli politics in Arab media. like Al Jazeera will post news stories about major Israeli political events and they will obviously be written by journalists who don't even speak Hebrew. the stories will spell the names of the groups involved wrong. When Lebanese or even French papers run stories about Israel they almost always skew towards minor views promoted by the antiwar left in that country.

Hm interesting point which isnt true. You really made everyone think

even if it were true, it's not sensible to compare the arab relationship toward israel with canada's attitude toward quebec.

[account deactivated]
about as sensible as posting with a bag over your head. tpaine.
[account deactivated]
t-pun in a bun
I am actually active in politics

i am sexually active in politics
i'm huge in japan

gyrofry posted:

i am sexually active in politics