peepaw posted:

you can build an all-in-one system that looks like a mac with superior components for half the price

it's not really an either/or proposition

you can even put mac os on it

yeah and with a high quality printer you can get a good look at the mona lisa but i'd still prefer to hang out in paris to do so

wasted posted:

yea but that's like the difference between a reprdouction and the genuine article. most won't be able to tell the difference, but i'd rather see the old master chinese wage slave's labor congealed in the product than my own (rather competent) hand

it's all made in the same factory so who cares

real cool kids have hackintoshes in giant ugly gaming cases that look like rejected designs from the last transformers movie

[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

real cool kids ... ugly

does not compute!

i think he's talking about ugly kid joe

peepaw posted:

you can build an all-in-one system that looks like a mac with superior components for half the price

depends how highly you value your time and effort

shermanstick posted:

i think he's talking about ugly kid joe

one time "cats in the cradle" came on the radio when i was in the car with my parents and my dad went to change the station and she said "leave it, this song reminds me of you guys" and we were like thanks asshole

getfiscal posted:

peepaw posted:

real cool kids ... ugly

does not compute!

please. ugliness is hip. classical aesthetics are so 2004

i dont know to build computers bc im not a fuckin nerd
yea basically
why go and see the mona lisa in paris when you could PAINT IT YOURSELF for a fraction of the price

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i dont know to build computers bc im not a fuckin nerd

such a luddite arent you IWC?

although to be fair seeing the mona lisa is kinda anticlimactic, it's tiny and behind a massive perspex screen and about fifty fat americans and not really that great of a painting anyways

peepaw posted:

hackintosh0.0

yea when i saw the mona lisa i was like this is gay bc im not a fuckin nerd
beep boop
[account deactivated]
how can you not know how to build a computer? it is literally like assembling furniture
if you're a nerd
building your own computer is easy a ss shit, you ultrabook freak bitch. Nerd ass ho Get together a computer FUCK
i know how to build a computer. you put wires on a board and a bag of chips or something. ComputEr. god guys
i can build a computer out of its constituent elements. all i need is a congolese slave army to mine the coltan out of the ground and die a lot and thread it into microcircuitry. then i will be able to print out vinyl stickers with Incredible Ease
computers are so gay
I Love Computers, Doritos
the new york non nerd gym:
building ur own pc costs more than getting an equivalent one off the shelf bc of supply chain logistics, but you get to fill it with sick as fuck blue led fans and stuff which is worth it

cleanhands posted:

building ur own pc costs more than getting an equivalent one off the shelf bc of supply chain logistics, but you get to fill it with sick as fuck blue led fans and stuff which is worth it

my best friend had a blue LED fan on his computer which he used to play a fishing subgame in world of warcraft for pretty much his whole day for a while. then he stopped and lost like 80 pounds and now he's dating a girl that does yoga a lot. he's my hero.

he was training fishing to max level but you deliberately took it out of context bc you were jealous of his will to succeed
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

peepaw posted:

depends how highly you value your time and effort

you're posting here so i'm guessing not that much

i do my posting from the club whilst lifting
wait you don't have your own club?

SCRUB ALERT
[account deactivated]
good. yesterday MY GIRLFRIEND logged into her fb on my computer and left it on so i changed her status to 'i sharted in my jorts' it was p funny
[account deactivated]