snipe
welcome back bonclay I went through a very similar thing in school, just couldn't handle the bullshit anymore. you probably feel like you wasted guilty for not toughing it out or wasting money or not appreciating all your privilege or whatever guilt has been embedded in you, but i, baby huey p newton, am telling you that you did the right thing. if you reach the point where you just can't get up and be bothered and you're not some kind of nutcase follow your instincts.

BG&E posted:

INSTINCT—When the house is on fire one forgets even the dinner—Yes, but one recovers it from among the ashes.

looking forward to your posts in the Mali thread.

shermanstick posted:

ratt still broken up as well right?

i think theyr eworking on a new album

ratt only broke up for a couple years in the early 90s
here's henry rollins telling a 30 minute story about going to see ratt circa 1999

aw dammit he doesn't have the whole thing which nobody's gonna click on or listen to
this is the only thing i'd watch with henry rollins

just ticked over 112 degrees i want to kill myself
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i don't really know you bonclay but you wrote a cool mali article i've crossposted all over the place. glad to see you again.

discipline posted:

oh get a grip, in october it's 112 in doha with like 80% humidity

it's not a contest.

discipline posted:

oh get a grip, in october it's 112 in doha with like 80% humidity

Yeah and in doha they have like shipping containers filled with Pakistani slaves but I’d still be bringing it up if that was happening here

Anyway half an hour ago downtown Sydney recorded it’s hottest temperature in history so maybe global warming is true I dunno

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

woah look who comes crawling back to Big Science when it gets a little warm outside

They don’t get this in Doha though, that’s just trees exploding not bombs!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

haha we had so many wildfires in north florida growing up that, like, I can smell that photo when I look at it

Yeah I’ve seen you guys get pretty serious fires in Fl when it dries out. Our forests are mainly eucalypt (lots in California, dunno about florida) and they are just packed to the brim with oil and designed to burn.

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

man if I ever feel silly about smoking for half my life I just think about how often I walked around in clouds of wildfire smoke as a young woman, so thick you had to drive with headlights and couldn't see more than 100ft ahead of ye

it's like yuppies in trendy inner city neighbour hoods who will make passive aggressive tuts about you smoking anywhere near them, but happily sit down at an al fresco cafe next to a bus-choked road for hours quaffing down bruscetta and chai

tpaine posted:

Crow posted:

this is the only thing i'd watch with henry rollins

really? i'd watch any movie with henry rollins, especially stuff like american psycho. he seems like a fun guy to watch movies with.

i ran into henry rollins in a book store once. i guess he was in town doing a spoken word show or something. we talked about bulgarian gypsy music and he told me ian mackaye owns a 2nd home solely as a place to store his music collection

my friend slightly irritated him by telling him that jello biafra sounds exactly like spongebob squarepants but i think he was more upset because it's true and he'll never think of jello the same way again

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
discipline posted:
man if I ever feel silly about smoking for half my life I just think about how often I walked around in clouds of wildfire smoke as a young woman, so thick you had to drive with headlights and couldn't see more than 100ft ahead of ye
it's like yuppies in trendy inner city neighbour hoods who will make passive aggressive tuts about you smoking anywhere near them, but happily sit down at an al fresco cafe next to a bus-choked road for hours quaffing down bruscetta and chai

you aussies have weird name for your kids and weirder phrases for interacting with them

no the kids in the oversize pram next to the parents doing this are called Sascha and Byron

lmbo

bonclay posted:

now i have made the transition from politics to aesthetics. i am working the front desk at a beauty academy. i am going to drive around a little bit. i am going to go to college for something different besides political science in a few months, which connects with some other stuff that i have studied before and am more interested in

that's fucking gross

animedad posted:

vile rat is dead and bonclay is alive

is rory still dead? having trouble tracking all the goon death

angelbutt_dollface posted:

bonclay posted:

now i have made the transition from politics to aesthetics. i am working the front desk at a beauty academy. i am going to drive around a little bit. i am going to go to college for something different besides political science in a few months, which connects with some other stuff that i have studied before and am more interested in

thanks, just got fired from my job at the outdated jokes factory

when you hear the accent
WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

that's fucking gross

the aesthetics of penile mutilation

i died

angelbutt_dollface posted:

bonclay posted:

most controversial post in recent memory, look at those votes

never heard the cia called a 'beauty academy' before but it makes sense