i don't watch australian movies or read australian books or anything. i'm sure they're interesting to people overseas occasionally because of some sort of exoticness or (totally contrived) "harshness" of the land but it's pretty 2 dimensional when you live here and i'd rather read flaubert or listen to Psy instead

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i'm sure they're interesting to people overseas occasionally

don't flatter yourself

i'm sure they're interesting to people overseas occasionally

its the silly accents and casual racism

do you make deliberate efforts to not consume any media from australia. like did you accidentally glance at the little biography in the dust jacket of the female eunuch and then drop the book yelling "gah"?
the hunter is cool but its in tasmania
that movie with the 14 year old girl swimming naked in a billabong. The one where the aborigine boy dances himself to death hoping she'd bang him. That was cool.

i don't watch australian movies or read australian books or anything. i'm sure they're interesting to people overseas occasionally because of some sort of exoticness or (totally contrived) "harshness" of the land but it's pretty 2 dimensional when you live here and i'd rather read flaubert or listen to Psy instead

totally contrived harshness and exoticness doesn't stop anyone from enjoying westerns. Lighten up bro it's australia day. revel in your nation's greatest self delusions.