“Bolshevism combines the characteristics of the French Revolution with those of the rise of Islam. Marx has taught that Communism is fatally predestined to come about; this produces a state of mind not unlike that of the early successors of Mahommet. Among religions, Bolshevism is to be reckoned with Mohammadanism rather than with Christianity and Buddhism. Christianity and Buddhism are primarily personal religions, with mystical doctrines and a love of contemplation. Mohammedanism and Bolshevism are practical, social, unspiritual, concerned to win the empire of this world.” Bertrand Russell (1872 – 1970)

how can you say you hate even one troop if you don't pray five times a day?
Ah yes bertrand russell, author of the dreadful ”history of western philosophy”

Observe as I move my mouse and click to a better thread
He's right.
mim would agree with that actually
Oh, suddenly the Roman church is too namby-pamby, too insular, not ruthless enough? Feh, we were killing off heretical sects and conquering Europe centuries before Muhammad wrote his alternate history fanfic.
An Islam with no Bolshevism has no brain, a Bolshevism with no Islam has no heart. -Henry Q. Q. Wrinkler
i dunno how much i could take seriously any ~19th century orientalist histories of islam. even from zee great max weber. flattering but sorry
of course, lenin and the bolsheviks killed thousands of muslim scholars while trying to break the backs of muslim nations they invaded.
its incredibly dumb to say islam is "unspiritual" obviously but one cool thing about islam is kind of the fact that its spread was helped a lot by the fact that it offered a really practical set of rules for trade etc and you got a sweet deal with other muslim traders after converting
and the whole no usury thing, that's pretty cool too.
money cheese islam thread
hey let mustang19 out of ifap im sure he have some really gripping opinions / quotes to post in this islam thread

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

money cheese islam thread

[account deactivated]
I want to post with Tom about baseball, God, and family.
let the healing begin Tom