[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i can't remember the writer of the article, but a woman wrote a thing about how foxconn employees weren't all that mad about pay levels per se, they just hated all the stupid rules that their employer makes them follow. like they were more angered at the absurdity and pettiness of the rules than like the fact that their wages were low by global standards. that's the sort of thing that labour actions and unions can be very good at ironing out, like restoring a sense of fairness to dealings with the bosses and ending dumb reasons for docking pay.
I live a few minutes from foxconn headquarters. people make a big deal about them but they are just like an escapist excuse to not to recognize how horrible most jobs are. like 'well my job sucks but at least I don't work at a foxconn factory'. their pervasiveness in liberal discussion serves that function primarily I think, which is why people latch on to it.

No many westerners care that much about the workers here, just enumerating foxconn employee grievances makes you feel better about what you have to put up with. Liberals will say 'look at these poor workers, makes me appreciate my privilege' when you should moreso be recognizing the common grievances you have and their common causes
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

i can't remember the writer of the article, but a woman wrote a thing about how foxconn employees weren't all that mad about pay levels per se, they just hated all the stupid rules that their employer makes them follow. like they were more angered at the absurdity and pettiness of the rules than like the fact that their wages were low by global standards. that's the sort of thing that labour actions and unions can be very good at ironing out, like restoring a sense of fairness to dealings with the bosses and ending dumb reasons for docking pay.

http://www.ted.com/talks/leslie_t_chang_the_voices_of_china_s_workers_via_the_mouth_of_revisionist_scum.html?

[account deactivated]
what is it?
Haha, if you have to ask sailor.... you can't afford it.
D-D-D-D-Doublepost!
oohhhhhhh
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

durr, i'm averse to yiffy. let's just go to anthrocon and see what there is for jobs

[account deactivated]
Tpaine's posting is Good and etherel. But it's no Trololo. 7.8
[account deactivated]