anybody watching this show? if you're not watching, you really should. william h macy plays an amazingly sleazy alcoholic deadbeat dad. emmy rossum should have won an emmy (har har) by now for her role as the eldest daughter who holds the family together.

ykUTh9cVuJs
zBK4xPlAIxM
oh i thought this would be a thread about fucking girls... and like you were going to get really shameless about it and start talking in PUA code or something...

pretty disappointed that's not where things went, to be honest
I was walking through the forest, you know right? When this bear suddenly stood up in front of me! I was scared shitless-I didn't know what to do! I stood there frozen and scared. If I ran the bear would chase me and devour me! I rememberd a trick by laying on the ground as if I was dead. SUddenly the bear sniffed me and I didn't oppose a threat to him anymore then walked off into the wooded forest. I got up and felt so relieved that my life was save from a simple trick. By the way, do you want me to show you a trick and no it doesn't required playing dead! Here' I'll show you!

edit: Misread thread title; Disregard.
that funny scene isnt funny and the outfits are double you eh see kay wack.
[account deactivated]
how come theres so much boob on this show
shameless is a nice show except i don't really like emmy rossum and goku
i watched 18 minutes of girls and it was fine.
[account deactivated]
what's shameless about. if it's just about a family then there needs to be a good twist. like two male friends raising a girl. or an old man raising a young black child. basically i'm going to need some combination of unlikely parent and precocious child.
[account deactivated]
take it to the Hymietown thread please

DrMortezaMohit posted:

getfiscal posted:

what's shameless about. if it's just about a family then there needs to be a good twist. like two male friends raising a girl. or an old man raising a young black child. basically i'm going to need some combination of unlikely parent and precocious child.

it's basically about fiona (emmy rossum) playing mom to a family of six, while the dad frank (william h macy) wanders around chicago, drinking and getting into trouble. the house they live in used to belong to a dead aunt, but they can't reveal that lest they lose the home and lose the younger kids to foster care. it sounds really depressing, but the show is great at blending hilarious moments with heavy ones without there being awkward tonal shifts. if you've never experienced this level of poverty, this show is a good example of what american proles have to go through. there are some big twists, but I don't wanna spoil it for you just in case you decide to watch

stegosaurus posted:

that funny scene isnt funny and the outfits are double you eh see kay wack.

wsek wack doesnt mean anything, at least the "wsek" part doesnt. thats not a word im pretty sure

Goethestein posted:

because a presumably heterosexual male created this show, and it's a good bet that he really likes boobs like most male showrunners in hollywood (which basically includes like the vast majority of hollywood)

most women seem to like boobs too
i dont have boobs if someone were planning on posting something to that effect!!!

The_Schliski posted:

i dont have boobs if someone were planning on posting something to that effect!!!

no you don't. they would be considered moobs in your case

[account deactivated]

DeleuzerAndRetardi posted:

DrMortezaMohit posted:

wha? you mean the shameless chat? nah, don't feel like it, but thanks for the suggestion.

nah the video looks rather crappy, especially without any context.

d4ky posted:

Goethestein posted:

because a presumably heterosexual male created this show, and it's a good bet that he really likes boobs like most male showrunners in hollywood (which basically includes like the vast majority of hollywood)

conceptually i like Californication because its just an excuse for david duchovny to dry hump c list actresses and look at their boob.

Lykourgos posted:

nah the video looks rather crappy, especially without any context.

this isn't your type of show. there are no greek gods n shit & and most of the poor people have some dignity and pride

Goethestein posted:

d4ky posted:

Goethestein posted:

conceptually i like Californication because its just an excuse for david duchovny to dry hump c list actresses and look at their boob.

is it good tho? the plot sounds kind of interesting, and david duchovny is still a bit of a cutie

tpaine posted:

just because you ARE a boob, doesn't mean you HAVE boobs

dang, Nice 'tar m8

[account deactivated]
i'll watch this show sometime soon but only because i agree with discipline that we should be nicer to women posters.
[account deactivated]
have they done well in rooting the USA version into actual American life?

because last I heard it was just a carbon copy of the (very good) UK version but unless they have done well at making it fit American problems its probably good to watch the UK one (though it jumps the shark a few seasons in as the "honest looking at working class culture" mixed with black comedy exploded into an awful mess after it had finished having episodes as case studies and was getting to a point it might actually need to show analysis or change)
I just might have to check out this Sumner Redstone & Les Moonves-operated network's take on the underclass in the 21st Century... Thanks OP
i did the raw egg in the beer trick after watching that show
Californication is a good show to watch if you like watching shows about hack writers living in LA being manchildren??? and using cheesy lines ??? and being lauded by the writers rather than turned into black comedy ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
society's constant pandering to the "manchild makes good" cliche is what gives me hope.
i heard this show is good and i plan on watching some or maybe allo f it in the near future thanks for reading my post

SovietFriends posted:

have they done well in rooting the USA version into actual American life?

because last I heard it was just a carbon copy of the (very good) UK version but unless they have done well at making it fit American problems its probably good to watch the UK one (though it jumps the shark a few seasons in as the "honest looking at working class culture" mixed with black comedy exploded into an awful mess after it had finished having episodes as case studies and was getting to a point it might actually need to show analysis or change)

I've only seen a few episodes of the original so far, but I heard the first season recycles some of the storylines, while later seasons go in a completely different direction. Having lived through this level of poverty before, I would say the writers have done a good job in presenting american working class life & all the nuances that come with it

getfiscal posted:

i'll watch this show sometime soon but only because i agree with discipline that we should be nicer to women posters.

lol you should watch the show if it sounds like something you'd be interested in, not because you're worried about hurting my delicate feminine feelings

edit; oh hahaha i didnt read your last post

i have watched the american one and i can tell you its worth it to watch the uk one. threlfall is an amazing actor and the setting being manchester is perfect for the shows content

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

edit; oh hahaha i didnt read your last post

i have watched the american one and i can tell you its worth it to watch the uk one. threlfall is an amazing actor and the setting being manchester is perfect for the shows content

ya I like it so far. how many seasons do I need to watch?

What are your guys' take on the Americans, FX's new show about soviet spies in the 1980's?