Lykourgos posted:

That is amazing

lmao that guy is an idiot

Lykourgos posted:

xipe posted:

Lykourgos posted:

It's funny for everyone, lawyers and judges also experience a mixture of pain and amusement when they see these people walk up to the bench.

how do you/legal system deal with them?

do any of their arguments work/ have merit?

I've had a few experiences with them, mostly with a particular group of moors. We treat them like other defendants and strongly recommend that they get an attorney or accept the services of the public defender. If they have am attorney, they don't have the right to file random shit. If they want to represent themselves, their motions are received and then denied in a polite and prompt manner. It is a running joke that one day a judge will grant one of their motions and the prosecutor will be eternally embarrassed for losing that legal argument.

I don't pretend to know every single argument out there, but generally speaking they lack merit. Their motions are always denied, and there are a few amusing appellate opinions rejecting their arguments; I recently read a good one from canada that I can find again if desired.

They are more of a problem for officers than they are for prosecutors and judges. If they behave poorly in court the judge can just have them swept off the floor. I have never seen them behave rudely, though, and I've never seen them win a case.

cool

im curious cos i have some friends affiliated with this organisation http://www.tirnasaor.com/ & one in particular who is always in court & using this stuff

it seems like it could be an interesting topic to deep dive into, as from what i gather it tries to reawaken some kind of folk understanding of ye olde law.

in a practical sense tho, idve thought this could be effective: common law, iiuc, dates back to times when warring barons also acted as judges... surely this means theres plenty of bizarre & contradictory shit in out legal system to play around with?

Superabound posted:

what if they really are close to developing some sort of killing joke style Power Word capable of reverse neurolinguistically deprogramming the unconscious modes and impulses which eternally construct and drive our modern human hologrammatic society, like a benevolent Langford Basilisk of jewspeak, while were all sitting here paying our parking tickets like a bunch of scrubs

so it's like the movie version of dune, and every sovereign citizen is one of the fremen, and the bitcoin trade is like the spice trade.

mustang19 posted:

Power Words are anti-Islamic. We don't know which modern technologies are moral or not since they didn't exist during the kulafah. Thus a good maxim to go by is to outlaw them all.

a protective cultural value that has helped the zensunni survive out among the harsh desert sands for generations, but our savior has arrived, heed the teachings of Paul Mua'dib. learn the power words

What should we make of the sovereign citizen movement?

We ARE the face of the modern sovereign citizen movement.

i didnt read the thread to be honest but i don't think the sovereign citizen thing is worth thinking about much. h saw the local district attorney speak recently and he was obsessed with the idea but the reality is it's just a bunch of poor divorced guys trying to pull off scams like occupying abandoned houses and claiming that they're entitled to some secret mystery bank account with millions of dollars in it. if it was actually about beating police at their own game and using technicalities to not have to deal with cops it would be cool, but ppl mainly just get into it out of laziness and greed, plus some sense of entitlement
[account deactivated]

The song title "BBF3" refers to the vox pop interviewee going by the name of "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III", whose eccentric ramblings form the core of the song. Finnegan recites a poem which he claims to have written himself. The poem is, in fact, mostly composed of lyrics from the song "Virus" by Iron Maiden that were written by their then-vocalist, Blaze Bayley, although Godspeed were apparently unaware of this at the time they released the EP.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Skylark posted:

i didnt read the thread to be honest but i don't think the sovereign citizen thing is worth thinking about much. h saw the local district attorney speak recently and he was obsessed with the idea but the reality is it's just a bunch of poor divorced guys trying to pull off scams like occupying abandoned houses and claiming that they're entitled to some secret mystery bank account with millions of dollars in it. if it was actually about beating police at their own game and using technicalities to not have to deal with cops it would be cool, but ppl mainly just get into it out of laziness and greed, plus some sense of entitlement

haha.... yea...

(into smoke alarm) attn zog overlorlds: if this dude doesnt want his $630000 im happy to take it

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]