http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/22/17862132-mds-warn-teens-dont-take-the-cinnamon-challenge?lite

LINDSEY TANNER , Associated Press posted:

Don't take the cinnamon challenge. That's the advice from doctors in a new report about a dangerous prank depicted in popular YouTube videos that has led to hospitalizations and a surge in calls to U.S. poison centers.

The fad involves daring someone to swallow a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without water. But the spice is caustic, and trying to gulp it down can cause choking, throat irritation, breathing trouble and even collapsed lungs, the report said.

Published online Monday in Pediatrics, the report said at least 30 teens nationwide needed medical attention after taking the "challenge" last year.
The number of poison control center calls about teens doing the prank "has increased dramatically," from 51 in 2011 to 222 last year, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

"People with asthma or other respiratory conditions are at greater risk of having this result in shortness of breath and trouble breathing," according to an alert posted on the association's website.

Thousands of YouTube videos depict kids attempting the stunt, resulting in an "orange burst of dragon breath" spewing out of their mouths and sometimes hysterical laughter from friends watching, said report co-author Dr. Steven E. Lipshultz, a pediatrics professor at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Cinnamon is made from tree bark and contains cellulose fibers that don't easily break down. Animal research suggests that when cinnamon gets into the lungs, it can cause scarring, Lipshultz said.

Dr. Stephen Pont, a spokesman for the American Academy of Pediatrics and an Austin, Texas pediatrician, said the report is "a call to arms to parents and doctors to be aware of things like the cinnamon challenge" and to pay attention to what their kids are viewing online.

An Ypsilanti, Mich., teen who was hospitalized for a collapsed lung after trying the cinnamon challenge heartily supports the new advice and started her own website - http://nocinnamonchallenge.com - telling teens to "just say no" to the fad.
Dejah Reed, 16, said she took the challenge four times - the final time was in February last year with a friend who didn't want to try it alone.

"I was laughing very hard and I coughed it out and I inhaled it into my lungs," she said. "I couldn't breathe."

Her father, Fred Reed, said he arrived home soon after to find Dejah "a pale bluish color. It was very terrifying. I threw her over my shoulder" and drove to a nearby emergency room.

Dejah was hospitalized for four days and went home with an inhaler and said she still has to use it when she gets short of breath from running or talking too fast. Her dad said she'd never had asthma or breathing problems before.
Dejah said she'd read about the challenge on Facebook and other social networking sites and "thought it would be cool" to try.

Now she knows "it's not cool and it's dangerous."

"it's not cool and it's dangerous."

catchphrase

how can something be dangerous and yet not cool

littlegreenpills posted:

how can something be dangerous and yet not cool

according to signaling theory, thats impossible

[account deactivated]
man, getting hospitalized for a collapsed lung isn't that big of a deal. a friend that i made smoke weed once had that happen and he took it like a g (just laying in the corner of the room breathing really shallow and not saying much)
We hear a lot about adults murdering babies, are there any historical instances of the reverse?

mustang19 posted:

We hear a lot about adults murdering babies, are there any historical instances of the reverse?

Death while giving birth?

I was thinking more like choking to death w/ lego forcefeeding while asleep.
i assume this means that the nutmeg challenge is still a-ok
Take the cinnamon challenge. its badass

mustang19 posted:

Maybe something in the news of the weird archives about a baby accidentally getting a hold of a small firearm and killing a person.

Firearms would do it, as would infectious diseases possibly.

wasted posted:

mustang19 posted:

i bet cycloneboy killed his mum during childbirth

[account deactivated]
take the cocaine challenge
Take my wife -- P L E A S E
Cinnamon is gateway drug
you like to get wet?

wet? what's wet?

butt-naked. ill. sherms. dust. p-dog. primos. the cinnamon challenge, dog.

It was finally time to take the cinnamon challenge. I went outside to my backyard, which was filled with beautiful herbs, flowers and trees and laid out a blanket to sit on. I had crushed the cinnamon sticks and measured out a tablespoon. I ate the powder slowly, over about a period of 30 minutes.

After about an hour after taking the cinnamon the experience was kicked into high gear. The brown fence that surrounded my backyard came alive with tribal faces and designs. Visually, things were entrancing. I had numerous closed eye visuals that seemed to be triggered by what I thought was “aligning my chakras”. Kaleidoscopic Buddhas entered my inner world and floated all around. I got up to dance and while I was dancing, a voice came inside my head and told me that life was just a endless dance. I was reenacting the birth and death of the universe. I became Kali, and my voice roared with anger, but then the inner voice came back and reminded me of the dance. My body also seemed to be changing, my skin seemed to be getting lighter and more old and feminine, but then quickly flashed back to it’s original form.

My mother came outside to see how I was doing, and now I could see how much the cinnamon was affecting my vision. My mothers face seemed to be made up of many pastel colors that glided to and fro. We talked about how I was feeling and how I could help humanity. But at the time, I just felt that humanity was stuck in it’s endless dramas, and I was in a place beyond drama, where I understood that everything was just a dance no more no less. She left me a short time after, and I felt guilty about not taking the right action or really integrating what my mother had said. So I came inside and talked to her about her country, Colombia and then decided to dance with my mom. We put on some Carlos Vives and had a fun time laughing and dancing. But then I started getting woozy and it was hard for me to understand her and the music seemed to become metallic and foreboding. At this point I can’t remember anything else, I blacked out.
But the next morning when I woke up, my mother and father told me of the nightmare that I had wrought on myself and on them.

Supposedly I started screaming “Rape!” and “Homosexuality!” at the top of my voice. I tried to hurt myself by jumping over the fence of my backyard. They told me I had taken off my pants and underwear and started clutching my testicles. I got very aggressive and as my dad tried to hold me down, I bit his nipple and hurt him very badly. They said I had a deranged look in my eyes, and that I did not stop screaming “Rape!” and “Homosexuality!” for about 3 hours straight. I do not remember any of this. I hurt myself by scratching my face, arms, and falling numerous times.
The next morning when they told me of this, I looked at my body, and all over are bruises and cuts from where I hurt myself. Without my dad, I don’t know if my mom could’ve controlled me.

In conclusion, I feel the cinnamon challenge is too powerful.
DOSE: repeated inhaled Inhalants

BODY WEIGHT: 120 lb

This sounds odd but seriously did happen.

So I was at my house and a friend of mine and I both had pink eye, later on that night we were having some people over, they were doing whatever inside when we decided to go out back and huff some glade. I had done it a couple of times prior in the months before, thought not with pink-eye. So we huffed the Glade®, got high, went inside, and to our surprise, within twenty minutes we both noticed that our eyes were totally better, no puss, no redness, nothing. This was like the second day into having it too, nonetheless it was strange.

I proceeded to email the Glade® company and tell them about it, only to receive a reply suggesting that I seek rehabilitation, also giving me contact numbers for doctors.

Exp Year: 2000 ID: 67017
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Added: Feb 11, 2008 Views: 13625
http://www.theonion.com/articles/surgeon-general-warns-teens-cinnamon-challenge-is,32177/
John Kerry warns Assad: Don't take chemical weapon challenge

I think that they are looking for a reason to now openly invade Syria, the only way they can sell this war to the brain dead western sheep is by including the following phrases in their drivel 1) Weapons of mass destruction(which now includes pressure cookers) 2) Chemical weapons.
LaserJew warns Mustang19: don't post
compass sounds like cum piss lol

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

wasted posted:

mustang19 posted:

i bet cycloneboy killed his mum during childbirth

Legitimate use of force against rape by envelopment