Goethestein posted:
Speaking of southern people the exiled just linked an article about the microfinance chickens coming home to roost. Microfinance support is a surefire liberal shibboleth

i posted about it on my facething, and implied Kiva kills people, and this rich liberal girl that's usually all nice and Understanding and into the middle east, Supporting the Egyptian Revolution, and Poor People, ripped into me from outta nowhere with personal attacks about my "first world privilege" lol.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
In a debate thread about kiva on Lf I asked why not just donate money instead of lending. Somebody responded that its better because you get your money back and therefore do more good. I pointed out that when you donate to charity you can claim that on your taxes and get your money back anyway. Then the liberal said bwuuuuhhhh ?????

Goethestein posted:
In a debate thread about kiva on Lf I asked why not just donate money instead of lending. Somebody responded that its better because you get your money back and therefore do more good. I pointed out that when you donate to charity you can claim that on your taxes and get your money back anyway. Then the liberal said bwuuuuhhhh ?????

you teach the man to fish. don't give the man a fish

kylejack

getfiscal posted:

a lot of liberals would gladly sign off on that

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Crow posted:

Goethestein posted:
Speaking of southern people the exiled just linked an article about the microfinance chickens coming home to roost. Microfinance support is a surefire liberal shibboleth

i posted about it on my facething, and implied Kiva kills people, and this rich liberal girl that's usually all nice and Understanding and into the middle east, Supporting the Egyptian Revolution, and Poor People, ripped into me from outta nowhere with personal attacks about my "first world privilege" lol.

You love her.

haha not anymore!

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:
haha not anymore!

please reply 'I don't love you anymore, _____' to her comments on fb. for goon justice

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Crow posted:
haha not anymore!

please reply 'I don't love you anymore, _____' to her comments on fb. for goon justice

haha the bitch paid for my froyo, now she'll never be repaid unless its swift gulag justice

shirley should not be slandered so
every bitch that paid for my froyo gonna get some gulag justice
someone rename me to facebook avenger
[account deactivated]
B T W if i am that fucked up in life imagine how i am in the internet. Well now you can

Goethestein posted:

you're talking abotu this one, i assume

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/sledding-crow-video-becomes-an-internet-sensation.html

germanjoey posted:
http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/sledding-crow-video-becomes-an-internet-sensation.html

maktoob
msh 7elo

littlegreenpills posted:

true bloodchat my wife just admitted she fantasizes about Eric northman during sex

this explains the swede

getfiscal posted:

In addition to this we should also return Florida to the Seminoles, that way we can normalize relations with Cuba and adopt Chavez's program of sending in Cuban doctors to provide medical care in impoverished areas.

Not a single one of those famous pictured Americans were from any of those states.
Go back to Africa? Naw, but you can go back to tenant farming and crushing poverty.

jools posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

true bloodchat my wife just admitted she fantasizes about Eric northman during sex

this explains the swede

I thought that said 'epic northman' and heh'd hard enough that I sent out an extremely low frequency shockwave

how do u think this works within chandra mohanty's feminism of "situatedness"
When you weigh 300lbs and you heh frequently your apartment is basically an earthquake emergency zone 100% of the time. And yet, I can't stop.

jools posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

this explains the swede

Sweden stunned by third night of rioting
http://feeds.nbcnews.com/c/35002/f/653378/s/2c3f5e27/l/0Lworldnews0Bnbcnews0N0C0Inews0C20A130C0A50C220C184166960Esweden0Estunned0Eby0Ethird0Enight0Eof0Erioting0Dlite/story01.htm

Johan Sennero and Johan Ahlander, Reuters posted:

STOCKHOLM - Hundreds of youths set fire to cars and attacked police and rescue services in suburbs of Stockholm Tuesday night in Sweden's worst disorder in years.

A police station in the Jakobsberg area in the northwest of the city was attacked, two schools were damaged and an arts and crafts center was set ablaze, despite a call for calm from Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.

It was the third night of unrest, mainly in suburbs where many immigrants live.

The riots, in one of Europe's richest capitals, have shocked a country that prides itself on a reputation for social justice, and fuelled a debate about how Sweden is coping with both youth unemployment and an influx of immigrants.

"We've had around 30 cars set on fire last night, fires that we connect to youth gangs and criminals," Kjell Lindgren, spokesman for Stockholm police, said on Wednesday.

He said eight people had been arrested on Tuesday night, but there were no reports of injuries.

The riots appear to have been sparked by the police killing of a 69-year-old man wielding a machete in the suburb of Husby this month, which prompted accusations of police brutality.

Riot police spent a second night outside Stockholm trying to control protesters angry about a recent police shooting, NBCNews.com's Dara Brown reports.

"Everyone must pitch in to restore calm - parents, adults," Reinfeldt told reporters on Tuesday.

After decades of practicing the "Swedish model" of generous welfare benefits,
Sweden has been reducing the role of the state since the 1990s, spurring the fastest growth in inequality of any advanced OECD economy.

While average living standards are still among the highest in Europe, governments have failed to substantially reduce long-term youth unemployment and poverty, which have affected immigrant communities worst.

The left-leaning tabloid Aftonbladet said the riots represented a "gigantic failure" of government policies, which had underpinned the rise of ghettos in the suburbs.

"We have failed to give many of the people in the suburbs a hope for the future," Anna-Margrethe Livh of the opposition Left Party wrote in the daily Svenska Dagbladet.

An anti-immigrant party, the Sweden Democrats, has risen to third in polls ahead of a general election due next year, reflecting unease about immigrants among many voters.

Some 15 percent of the population is foreign-born, the highest proportion in the Nordic region. Unemployment among those born outside Sweden stands at 16 percent, compared with 6 percent for native Swedes, according to OECD data.

Among 44 industrialized countries, Sweden ranked fourth in the absolute number of asylum seekers, and second relative to its population, according to U.N. figures.

Copyright 2013 Thomson Reuters.